“It was Okay”

Ocean Palace Restaurant
Ranked #31 of 68 Restaurants in Aberdeen
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stopped in here for lunch. The Lunch Menu was targetted to what they can't sell quickly. I had a chow mein meal with a pieces of sweet and sour chicken. My wife had the cashew chicken with a few pieces of sweet and sour chicken, part of the special. We had tea. If ever in this area again, we would probably stop in. The ambiance of the restaurant was very nice.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

Tired, but hopeful for some good Chinese food, this establishment falls short on many levels. The service was indifferent , and although the wonton soup was hot, the rest of the meal was not. The crab raccoons were previously frozen, the rice was fresh from the cooler, the Mongolian beef was tough and tasteless, and cool... the sweet and sour chicken tasted stale with cold pineapples in the sauce, and the chicken with broccoli looked 're_used, not freshly made.
This was so disappointing because making good quality fresh Chinese is one of the easier tasks in the kitchen.
Bottom line, as anyone in food service will tell you, hot food should be hot - and fresh- and cold food should be cold.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

Nice decor and clean. The staff was great, greeting us as soon as we walked in, seating us and bringing us water, tea, and for me, a Chinese beer. Typical variety a food. I had combo fried rice and something called the triple crown; chicken, beef, and shrimp with veggies. They made it spicy for me even though it's not one of their spicy options like General Tsao, which someone else in my party ordered. I love Chinese food so I'm pretty easy to please, even if it's average, so all I can say is this was so good I couldn't stop eating it once I was full. I finally forced myself to put the chop sticks down and enjoyed my left overs for breakfast the next morning. The four other people I was with all agreed this was a good place to eat and we'll be back the next time we're in town.

Reviewed 13 May 2013 via mobile

I come to this restaurant each time I deliver in Aberdeen. The waitress/ owner is always friendly and helpful. It's to the point now I just tell her to surprise me and am never disappointed. Large portions and tastes great. It's a large restaurant but you can tell by the poor local economy usually 5 or 6 tables occupied. So they are prompt on getting your food and making sure your drink is topped off. Nice art work inside also and clean restrooms. They take pride in this family ran business which is why I come back time and time again.

Reviewed 10 March 2013

I was watching a movie and was inspired to explore Aberdeen a little more. So we were wanting some Asian food. Lo and behold this gem of a restaurant. Looks can be deceiving. Great decorum, great service, great price, but horrible food. It was as though this was all prepared frozen food. No wonder it was cooked so quickly.