“Amazing!!”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Where do I begin.
This is an amazing restaurant, a true "diamond in the rough"!!
My husband and I were returning to Seattle and looking for a nice, relaxing meal. Look no further. From the moment we sat down to the last bite, we were taken care of with the utmost expertise.
Recommendations of pre dinner cocktails using Northwestern spirits was right on. After making our entree selection, Stephen made excellent wine recommendations.
I chose the Coho salmon, perfect preparation. Delicate and light. My husband chose the Dungeness crab pappardelle after reading previous reviews, no disappointment.
Please, if you enjoy a meal in a relaxing, quiet setting, look no farther. You will be more than pleased.

4  Thank Deborah A

Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

This was an unexpected treat in a small town we were passing through. We stopped in to check it out based on other reviews. We really wanted something special, since we has been in Washington (Tacoma area) for a week without finding a really great meal. This broke that bad streak. First off, the clam chowder was the best I've ever had. It wasn't thick and creamy the way some make it, which I find too heavy. It was full of diced potato, clams, and even bacon. The diced onions and celery were perfectly cooked to lend their flavor but retain their crispness. The seasoning was perfection. I couldn't wait for the main course, which was Dungeoness Cappelletti for me and Rum Spiced Duck for the hubby. Both were superb. The cappelletti was filled with the lightest, fluffiest crab and cheese sauce. It melted in my mouth. The dish was made with truffle oil, and grilled tomatoes that I could have eaten for days. The hubby's duck was medium rare, perfectly tender and served with the most amazing risotto. We ended our culinary experience with a creamy and unique hazelnut chocolate creme brûlée that was TO DIE FOR. The server, Stephen, was charming and took time to converse with us about the restaurant, the local area, and even recommended a couple of restaurants in the Seattle area, since we would not be able to make it back this way on our trip. The only drawback to this fine establishment was that it is 1500 miles from our home! Otherwise, we would most definitely be back.

3  Thank Cowboyblondie
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I go to Aberdeen often to visit family and "special dinners" usually meant going to Olympia or cooking at home. So, I was delighted to discover this relatively new gem on my last trip. Truly gourmet menu choices... the dungeness cappelletti was a mouth watering delight and the clam chowder, one of the best I have ever had - and since it's my favorite, I have had a lot! There were four of us and not a single disappointment. Great service. A lovely, leisurely visit with old friends was punctuated with a shared plate of incredible beignets! Can't wait to go back... They also serve a lunch menu that I am eager to try. Don't miss it!

1  Thank cmcba
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Driving through Aberdeen we did not have high hopes for our Saturday lunch, but were pleasantly surprised. Everyone on the coast claims to have the best clam chowder, but this truly was the best we have had. Very fresh clams, finely diced veggies, not overly thick and with a delicious flavorful base. Not the usual bland and boring clam chowder! The Black 'n Bleu oysters were tasty as were the crab cakes. Excellent service, with a good wine list and reasonable prices.

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Very nice place for aberdeen. Very hip atmosphere. Great for date night or occassional special lunch. Very nice menu. It is expensive for this area however

1  Thank lovesbeachtravel