“I've Decided to Find it Charming.”

GuestHouse Aberdeen Inn
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Aberdeen
Dayton, Washington
“I've Decided to Find it Charming.”
Reviewed 23 August 2014

We stayed here for one night while checking out the area. Honestly, it took me a while to figure out this place's angle-- it could be a hipster's paradise or just a very old, well-maintained budget place with absolutely no pretensions. I don't know, but I've decided I liked it.
This motel appears to have been built and furnished sometime during the late-Eisenhower to early-Kennedy administrations and was not changed much since, beyond some fresh paint and regular cleaning. The cleaning staff seems to be very skilled, as our room was nearly spotless and smelled faintly of cleaning products. The room was very spacious and held two ancient but not threadbare armchairs and love-seat, a queen bed, table and chairs, bureau-dresser and a 90s-model tube television. Everything was in working order, dust-free and well-maintained.
Our bathroom was obviously only cleaned daily (maybe twice-daily) since 1962. The bath and toilet were that odd mustard color that everyone seemed to love back then, but were spotless and in working order. There is a hair dryer and iron provided.
We rolled into town very late and the college-student working the front desk was very friendly. The lobby is another well-maintained anachronism. The rooms are opened using actual keys on old-timeny plastic fobs which guarantee return postage if found and dropped in a mailbox. We were put in Room 126. We were asked if we wanted access to the WiFi but we declined-- I'm not sure if WiFi costs anything or not if you do want it, but there are two computers in the lobby for guest use.
The neighborhood looks a little down-at-the-heel and sketchy, but I didn't see any evidence of illicit goings-on or dangerous types hanging around.
For breakfast, hot beverages and Costco muffins are provided.
The price I paid for the room was very low and what we received was pretty good for that price. A lot of people will pay hundreds to stay in a "Victorian" bed-and-breakfast with antique furniture; 60 years from now, assuming the managements keeps up the maintenance, this place will probably be the next quaint, old-world lodging. I'll go out on a limb and recommend this to anyone going to Aberdeen.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank LawNerd

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Everett, Washington
Reviewed 11 August 2014

This a budget motel so if you are looking for luxury this is not your place. With that said, what I look for in a budget motel is cleanliness and good plumming, this place definately fits the bill. Yes the decor is very out dated but my room was clean, had no strong odors which you often get with older places, it was spacious and had a decent shower with good water pressure. There was a mini frig, microwave in the room and full sized iron and board in the room, no coffee pot in the room however they do offer a free continental breakfast where you can get coffee. I am a coffee snob so I stopped in and grabbed a muffin and then headed to Starbucks on my way out.
Coming from a family reunion I checked in pretty late in the evening which they had no problems with, check in was quick and easy and the guy at the front desk was very friendly. They do allow pets and the fee is $10, I've had to pay up to $20 in other places so I was pretty ok with this. If you are looking for a cheap room to sleep while you are in this area I would recommend staying here.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Kerri B
Belmont, CA
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We booked into the Olympic Inn after driving around and concluding that it probably really is the best place to stay in Aberdeen (as the sign claims). This is an old property in an old coastal town. Neither could be called a luxury destination. While an "average" rating is probably generous, it seems fair when balancing the reasonable price and location. (Tomorrow night's room on the Hoh River will cost more than 3 times the rate here!)

We had a comfortable king-size bed for the night in a large, clean, recently painted room with a dated but adequate bathroom, a frig and a microwave. Everything works, including the wireless. The basic white linens were decent quality and smelled faintly of bleach. There's no coffee pot and we prefer something stronger than the basic Farmers Brothers brew that comes with the motel breakfast, so we'll head to McDonald's for a latte after our Cheerios and English muffins. At check-in, the pleasant desk clerk directed us to a nearby Italian restaurant where I had delicious local steamed clams and my husband enjoyed a better than average veal picatta. This morning, we're off to hike in the Hoh Rainforest. We will not complain about getting wet. Really, folks, manage your expectations. if you want sunshine and cookie cutter luxury, why are you here?

Room Tip: Room 123 is back from the road and was clean and reasonably quiet except for a few loud guests outsi...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Northcoast_Flyer
Tacoma
Reviewed 13 July 2014

This motel could use some major renovations everything was old even the staircases were questionable. The carpet in the room had been vacuumed but needed a good shampoo. The spots were everywhere. At this rate I am not looking forward to the continental breakfast.

Room Tip: Not recommended
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank lions22

Travellers are raving about these Aberdeen hotels

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Old, old, old. Old bed, old bedding, dirty old carpet, dirty old drapes, stained wood furniture, old t.v. old fridge, super old microwave with no spinning dish, old stained tub, old torn shower curtain. Funky smell. The motel is on the main strip and SUPER NOISY!! So if your planning on opening the window for fresh air, think again. You cant even have a conversation over the roaring semi's driving by. I highly recommend staying somewhere else. The price is right..... and thats about it.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank RoseCityRoller
Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I agree with most of what was said below and will add that the guy on the desk (both at night when we checked in and in the morning when we checked out) was very nice.

But neither the tub nor the shower worked. It doesn't occur to me to turn on the water in the shower before I actually need it. My wife and I were tired after a long day hiking on the beach. We really wanted a hot shower or bath at 10:00 at night. Nada pinata.

I asked her if she really wanted to repack and move to another room that late and she said, "Let's just skip it."

I told the oh so nice man when we checked out. He sighed and seemed genuinely sad, but made no effort to adjust the rate or provide other recompense. I may stay here again as I doubt that water faucets frozen into immobility is a regular feature, but I can't give the place a very good rating based on my one experience.

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet room but one was available on a holiday weekend. No biggie. Aberdeen doesn'...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

We are family of 4 traveling around the Olympic National Park and stayed one night at this motel.

Pros: huge rooms, clean sheets/towels, secure parking areas, on busy street but quiet at night, great customer service. Equipped with TV, microwave, minifridge, iron with board, hair dryer.

Cons: the rooms are a bit outdated and could use a facelift.

With free wifi and continental breakfast.
For $69 dollars/ night can't beat this deal. We would recommend this to friends.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Aqua16_itravel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aberdeen
BEST WESTERN Plus Aberdeen
Canterbury Inn
Canterbury Inn
#1 of 14 in Ocean Shores
Quinault Beach Resort and Casino

Been to GuestHouse Aberdeen Inn? Share your experiences!