“Wish we could have stayed longer”
Review of Lochaerie Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Amanda Park
Lochaerie Resort
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Our family of 4 stayed 2 nights in Storm King at the end of Spring Break. We found it to be comfortable, cozy and and ideal end for Olympic National Park adventure. Our girls loved playing in the upstairs room, building forts down by the lake and playing with the resident cat. It was nice to be able to cook meals in the small but well equipped kitchen. I especially liked how the owners have kept the cabins true to their era with the furnishings, wood floors, bead board, pull strings on lights, etc. Wonderful stay!

Room Tip: There were several steps to the Storm King cabin, but were not a problem at all for us to navigate s...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 23 April 2014

We stayed in a lakeside cabin which was small but beautifully furnished with historically sympathetic pieces and comfortable. Right by the lakeshore you feel very much amongst the wilderness of the Olympic peninsula and the views are superb from the terraces (there are two).

You need to be aware of what you're getting; these are lovingly restored early 20th century prospector's cabins, not five star by any means. Yes, there's a steep(ish) staircase down to the cabin...yes, there's a small bed...but there's a log fire, amazing views, fantastic finish to the cabins and plenty to do in the surrounding area.

I have to point out also that the cabins were very clean and well maintained with good showers and kitchen facilities.

I honestly cannot think of a better way to experience Olympic National Park!

The photos below are of the cabin and the view I woke up to on my second morning.

Room Tip: I liked Christie as it's right on the lake...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank brawford
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Stayed for a few nights on our honeymoon trip to the pacific northwest. We had done a lot of hiking and whatnot by the time we checked in to the cabin so it was a perfect place to relax and connect. Sitting on the porch and grilling fresh seafood that we had bought and brought with us. Watching otters play just outside of our window. Snuggling up in front of the fire place wrapped up in a blanket together playing board games that are provided in the cabin. These are some of both my husband and my favorite memories from our honeymoon and they all happened at Locharie. We were in Washington for over a week and we wish we had stayed longer. Our time at locharie was by far some of our favorite of our trip. The owners were very helpful at check in and made it known that if we needed anything to let them know, but after that everything was very private and peaceful. And the stars! Oh the stars. I have never seen stars like I did out of the window of our cottage bedroom. We do plan on taking an anniversary trip at some point in the future and this is certain to be on the itinerary.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Storm King Cabin. The cabins closer to the lake/lower down are harder to get to if...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rachelmae83
Reviewed 30 October 2013

My husband, sister and I stayed 2 nights in Storm King in September. The cabin was so very cool! We had a wonderful time exploring the rain forest during the day. I prepared our meals in advance and took them with us. After a day of hiking we returned to our cabin for lasagne dinner, etc. The kitchen has a gas stove, refrigerator, toaster, microwave, dishes, cookware, etc. Dish washing soap and paper towels were also provided. Very easy to store our food and beverages and prepare our meals. I did take plastic wrap and aluminum foil which came in handy. The cabin was very peaceful. Loved every minute! And, as an added bonus, Walter, the ferocious kitten, came to visit us (Photos of Walter and Skyler can be found on Lochaerie's website). It was heavenly to sit on the porch with a beautiful kitten curled up in my lap. I haven't stopped thinking about the visit and sincerely can't wait until we go back. Must warn - there are about 32 steps - fairly steep - down to Storm King AND back up. So, pack accordingly or choose another cabin. They all look great. Oh yes - thanks Tom and Chris for everything!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Julie P
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Don't go here unless you want a clean, quiet, cozy cabin with spectacular views and wonderful innkeepers. You won't be pampered in this rustic cabin but that's exactly what's so special about this place. Just a great, clean, unique, lakeside cabin experience that I'd highly recommend. Tom and Chris' advice on places to see and things to do should definitely be heeded. Though there are many, many sights to see that I'm sure all would be awesome, Tom & Chris' advice helped us make the most of our time on the Olympic Peninsula.

Room Tip: Cabin Christie is the most directly lake front cabin. Open the windows and listen to the gentle wav...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank TKOPP1201
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Lockaerie Resort is an ideal location to stay while exploring the Lake Quinault area. The owners Tom and Chris have done an amazing job of restoring this jewel of a small resort. They are also sweet people and a good source of local information. Tom was a great help in getting us set up with a small BBQ to cook our evening meals on and owns a beautifyully restored 1954 Chevy truck..The resort consists of the owners remodeled house and office with a lovely garden and lawn area, with several tidy steep hillside cabins of varying sizes overlooking the lake. We stayed in one of the smallest,Elinore, because it was the cheapest of the lot --$150/night. The very rustic 1 bdr cabin was at the top of the hill, next to the garden, had its own parking space, was very clean, had a nice wood burning stove, fully equiped kitchen wi tiny bathroom and small porch. The beds were comfortable. Sadly the living room held a single bed and some not very comfortable chairs making just hanging out in our cabin not so enjoyable. Had this area been set up a little better, I could see charging $150 / night but, it felt more like a$75-100 place. On top of this we were not allowed to use the kayaks and canoes on the lake--not the owners fault, the local Indian tribe was apparently flexing their muscles that weekend. Hopefully this has been worked out by now. Although over-priced by $50/night, this is a quiet and peaceful place to stay. If the price would have been more reasonable I would have rated it higher--very good.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pinacoleggo
Reviewed 26 June 2013

Stayed here 6 nights in the Elinore cabin & it was wonderful!!! The views of the lake were wonderful & the property is very well kept. Cozy & quiet with the rainforest all around. Chris & Tom were friendly & helpful. Enjoyed just walking around the property & sitting watching the ducks on the lake.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank CAgypsy

Been to Lochaerie Resort? Share your experiences!