“Exquisite!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Spanish
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
“Exquisite!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

We attended this restaurant based on reviews and were not disappointed! We both had entrées that were variations on chile relleno's and they were excellent! Highly gourmet renditions of traditional recipes. The Cadillac margaritas were wonderful. And the guava cheesecake was light, refreshing and flavorful. Our servers were Liam, a wonderful attentive lad, and Gerardo, the co-owner, also very attentive and personable. They are associated with an Italian restaurant in La Conner, called La Traviata which we are dying to try!

1 Thank Kalolaelan

Glendale, California
“Excellent Mexican Food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Coming from Southern California where there are all sorts of Mexican and South of the Border fare, I was pleasantly surprised by this restaurant.
I had gone whale watching with friends and they said this place came highly recommended to them. I can understand why!
I love the Frida theme, and the vibe of the place.
The menu had so many interesting items it was very difficult to choose which to pick.
Ultimately, I ordered the Crepes Abuelita Emma- crab filled, delicately seasoned, that showed off the delicious crab inside, instead of it being buried by heavy sauce. The light cream salsa on the top of the the crepes did not overwhelm the flavors within.
Wonderful.
Everyone loved what they ordered.
It's not the usual mexican fare, and the food was not overly fatty or heavy.
The prices were a tad high, but you aren't eating the standard cheap mexican combo food.
Seafood is more expensive.
it was a Great place. If I get up this way again, I will return, and try some of the other dishes.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank glendalewanderer
Seattle
“Not your typical Mexican restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

Immediately upon walking in the door I was delighted with our choice of new restaurants to try. The decor is welcoming and inviting. We had the most gracious Waiter. The food was delicious, perfectly prepared! I will go back and often!

• Visited May 2014
SeaTac, Washington
“Delicious in Anacortes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

This is such a lovely place to have either a casual meal or a festive one. The food is simply delicious, beautifully presented and quite generous. Service is attentive and welcoming. I would highly recommend this restaurant if you are looking for the not so average American Mexican food.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Gloria J
Morgan Hill, California
“Gourmet Mexican Food in Anacortes”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

We had dinner at Frida's on a Saturday night, party of 14. It was not very busy and we were seated in the bar area. The table next to us was a party of very loud laughing ladies. I thought, we're usually that party, but not that night. The food was Mexican food I'd never heard of before, I guess you could call it gourmet. It was very good. Everybody liked their meals. My wife ordered a jalapeno Margarita. She liked it so well, she order another one! The restaurant was very Mexican themed and decorated. The only issue..... It was very expensive. Anacortes expensive? Yep! we found it. Recommendation... Food, service, atmosphere very good but expensive. It's up to you.

• Visited March 2014