“Shopping Weekend stay #2”

Swinomish Casino & Lodge
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Anacortes
Chilliwack, British Columbia, Canada
“Shopping Weekend stay #2”
Reviewed 18 December 2013

My mom, sister, and I stayed here in the spring for a girls shopping weekend and we came back for a fall shopping weekend. Room was nice. 2 queens and were upgraded to a bay view. No tub tho, only a shower which was a little disappointing. Went to ask about a room with a tub and they were out for the night! After a day of hard core shopping a soak int he tub would have been nice! The room was super cold when we checked in but we cranked the heat and it was toasty all night! Dinner at the sports bar was ok! Nothing to great about the food. The only one that was successful at the slots was a $100 bonus. Kind of a disappointment! Check in/out was fine. The valet took a few minutes when departing but not a big deal. I will return for sure but really hoping they upgrade the motel with a pool and spa!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 14 December 2013

We stayed here for 3 nites and really loved it......super comfy beds and I am a pain when it comes to my bed!!!......13 moons restaurant was excellent!!!!!....crab mac and cheese.....yumm-o.........everyone very nice and friendly..wonderful service from Michelle and Cheryle!!!!!!......crab cakes were mostly crab not lots of filler!!!!!!....going back again

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank yvonne h
kirkland, wa
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Have stayed here a few times. Rooms are nice. Like that they have tons of tv channels to watch when you need a break from the casino. We had a suite with a big balcony, huge double headed shower and jacuzi tub.

Just wanted to add that on our last stay, we tried checking in early and was told that no rooms were ready, that they would call my cell phone when it was ready. After quite some time and no call, i go to the front desk to inquire. Our room was ready. I was a bit frustrated considering my husband wasnt feeling 100% and was told that they would call. I dont feel like they were very apologetic about the situation either. I guess thats to be expected when there are 20 year olds working at the desk.

Our food order was also wrong at the sports bar. Discovered this after i had already gotten up to my room. This is the second time this has happened. The deli is gross so dont eat there.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Oak Harbor, Washington
Reviewed 29 November 2013

We stayed a the RV Park in our 5th wheel over the Thanksgiving Holiday. I was disappointed that they were not offering the 2 for 1 stay package as they have in the past and that although I am a Players Club Member and retired military I could not get a discount. The pull through site we had was fine with 50A power, but our water faucet was leaking when I arrived and created a lake on that side of the rig. The maintenance staff did get it fixed and the water finally subsided a day later.

We ate Thanksgiving dinner at the 2 Salmon Café and the food was very, very good. Moist turkey, tasty ham and all of the sides were very good.

vancouver
Reviewed 27 November 2013

I gave Swinomish Lodge a return visit to try one more stay to see if they could undo the upset I had back in August. That upset I posted on this trip advisor site. It was concerning the long wait we had to endure to get our room especially when I requested early arrival, as I am disabled. Mr. Dallas Widmark, General Manager replied to that review and advised me next visit I should get in touch with him and he would insure everything would be much improved. True to his word everything was very much improved, I had my room by 1:00 p.m. that was very much appreciated, I was able to lie down and rest in this view room, before enjoying this beautiful lodge. I then sat in a comfortable chair by the window in our room to enjoy the view of the bay with my binoculars, we also had a balcony. After resting I tried my luck and then we had a nice lunch at their deli. Will I be back, you bet especially in the summer, that way after resting I hope to walk around the grounds that meet up with water and watch the boats coming and going from the channel.

Room Tip: Get the water view, a balcony is also nice in the summer.
Coquitlam, Canada
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Swinomish Casino and Lodge is great place to stay. The customer service is top rate, the people very friendly. The hotel is new with 13 Moons restaurant, and 2 Salmon Cafe and the food is fresh and delicious. The casino is a nice size. They always make you feel very welcome and eager to return.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Kent, Washington
Reviewed 24 November 2013

We booked a room for 1 night and we will for sure be back. From the first moment we walked in, the staff were excellant and professional. We were able to get into our room early and it was so nice. Can't beat the food at the 10 sports bar. We didnt go to the 13 Moons, but everyone who we talked to said it was very good. The 2 eggs breakfast at the 10 Bar is 2 eggs, sausage or bacon, hashbrowns and toast, all for $5.00. Fantastic stay, great people and fun gaming.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Anacortes
Majestic Inn and Spa
#7 of 10 in Anacortes
The Wild Iris Inn
The Wild Iris Inn
#1 of 4 in La Conner

Been to Swinomish Casino & Lodge? Share your experiences!