“Hidden Treasure”

Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Anacortes
Durham, North Carolina
“Hidden Treasure”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I was traveling up the coast from San Francisco to Seattle with no plans and decided to meet a friend (from Bellingham, WA) in Anacostes. A quick look in TripAdvisor led to a phone call from a downtown parking lot and finding a last minute room. I was just grateful to find a room! But once I arrived, I knew I had found a special place. Right near the ferry (which I did take a trip on) to the San Jan Islands. The staff are superb, very helpful, cheerful and accommodating. Tiny bistro to fix you home-made food. Beer and wine and espresso bar right there in the main building. Someone else said this place feels more like a bed and breakfast, and I would completely agree. Breakfast is included in the overnight rate. Lots of lovely places to sit outdoors and enjoy the views. I stayed in a small 1 bedroom and it was clean, quiet, and had everything I needed. Would definitely return.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Linda H, Guest Relations Manager at Anacortes Ship Harbor Inn, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
We have a joke that we are the last minute resort vacation you never
meant to take haha! Many of our guests find themselves here late after
missing a ferry when that happens you can count on us to get you
through the night, with an on site Bar, Bistro and Espresso bar we
have everything you need and want. See you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
metro dc
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Our family of four stayed at the Ship Harbor Inn for two nights and I wish we stayed longer. Linda and Christine were wonderfully welcoming and went above and beyond the call of duty by getting balloons for my daughter's birthday and even wrapping a present for her that arrived by post to the hotel. They were also a font of information on places to go and things to do in Anacortes.

The rooms are fresh and clean and our balcony overlooked the ferry to the San Juan Islands, just a short walk away.

A great little bistro for snacks and espresso in the main hotel lobby and a great breakfast in the dinning area too.

Linda also helped us located a whale watching outfit who were awesome! Highly recommend Island Adventures too!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
I’m elated we were able to do something special for your daughter’s
birthday! I hope when your Birthday comes around we will see you
again!
Greeley
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Love this experience. Great food. Really good espresso, very clean and the couple that owns the place are top notch! Very helpful in directing us to our excursions. Very accommodating. Would love to go back.

1 Thank Deania B
I’m pleased you enjoyed your time with us. Isnt the espresso amazing?
I have worked at quite a few coffee shops and have never encountered
such a rich full flavored espresso without that bitter after taste. A
very knowledgeable woman out on Samish Island roasts it for us and we
take a lot of pride in crafting the perfect beverage. Right now I’m
enjoying an espresso macchiato! Hope to have you and your excursion
group back!
Verona
Reviewed 12 July 2014

My family of four stayed at the Ship Harbor Inn based on the recommendation of a family member while we were in the area for a salmon-fishing charter. The staff at the hotel treated us like we were old family friends. The room was very clean and offered an amazing view of the harbor. This place is out of town a bit, near the marina and Washington Park, and we appreciated the calm, versus staying right downtown. The coffee and the minimal food and wine menu were simple but exactly what we were looking for. The service was helpful, timely, and friendly. We asked to have some mail sent out, have the patio fire lit, have food delivered to our room, and have our freshly caught fish frozen. All was done quickly and with a smile. We enjoyed relaxing on the patio and throwing a Frisbee in the yard. Ideal! Well done, Ship Harbor Inn! We plan to return someday.

Room Tip: We appreciated having a room with a balcony that overlooks the yard on one side yet is level with th...
Bowling Green, Kentucky
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

When the airporter let us out at the hotel, I was pretty sure my husband had picked the Bates motel! But the airporter shuttle let us out passed the office of this very charming hotel. It is more like a bed and breakfast than a hotel. After traveling all day in planes and shuttles, we loved the very well manicured lawn, classy terrace, and quaint feel of the grounds. We spent several hours looking out towards the ferry and the water. We had a queen bed, there is no AC, but we left a window open at night. Everything else was very well suited for our one night stay. We also took advantage of the bistro on site instead of trying to get back several miles into town. We had a small pizza and a brie with candied pecans. Gourmet!! For the price of the food, it was amazing. They even delivered a chocolate molten cake to our room later.

The next morning we had a continental breakfast (waffles, cold cereal, etc.). We easily walked down to the ferry (about a half mile or so down a hill). We carried our luggage down too, but this wasn't a problem as there was a bike lane.

Loved this night!

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank EB5
Friday Harbor, Washington
Reviewed 5 July 2014

The spiffy upgrade of this sprawling property has almost made it into a resort. Bar/ espresso bar in lobby, nice breakfast with waffle bar, complimentary wine hour,lawns, view of harbor, units with kitchenettes, fireplaces and jacuzzis. Plus a great staff. Nicely priced, too.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
New York, NY
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I was road tripping through Washington with my dad, and we wanted to visit Friday Harbor for a day and not bring our car...this place was perfect. Here is the rundown:

Location: A 5 minute walk to the ferry. We left our car behind and walked on to the ferry which was fast, east and convenient. The lines for the ferry are unpredictable and parking in Friday Harbor can be a challenge, so I highly recco living your vehicle behind. The hotel is good distance from downtown Anacortes, where the majority of dining is...so we drove there, but never had an issue with parking.

Rooms: The rooms were nice and clean. I had a double queen room with each queen in its own room. Pretty spacious. There was a balcony with a great view. The rooms do not have air conditioning. I am from the east coast where we love our AC, and this was not an issue for me. Also note, a lot of places don't have AC because truthfully at night it 50 degrees -- opening your window does nicely. It would have been great if the sliding door to the balcony had a screen because we would have left that open too. You can tell they have refurbished/ are refurbishing the hotel, as some things seem brand new, whereas others seem old. The furnishings of the room seem older, but the beds are comfortable and newer so I didn't really care. The room had two TVs, one in each room, one a newish flat screen, one an old school TV. It also had a small fridge and microwave, as well as the sink outside the bathroom, which was convenient. The bathroom was nice, however the shower head was so low, you have to power squat to wash your hair if you are taller than 5'7". The rooms were quiet, you could not hear other guests. The only noise was the occasional announcement from the ferry terminal (I told you it was close) but that was not bothersome at all.

The staff: Christine checked us in and was the best. Provided a great map of the area with suggestions of things to see and do. Super friendly and helpful. Everyone else was very accommodating.

Other notes: They have a small room service/cafe menu that you can enjoy on their brand new verandah that has a great view of the water, or in your room which was nice. My dad and I actually ordered I small pizza one night and it was surprisingly tasty and nicely presented.

They have a continental breakfast that was included, but I just took some fruit for the ferry ride, and had breakfast in Friday Harbor one day and downtown the other as there a great restaurants in both areas.

Washington Park is nearby with a walkable/drivable loop. Highly recco. I would have brought a picnic lunch if I had time!

Overall, a nice little place that fits the bill if you want to be near the ferry. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: The double queen room, with a queen in each room offered great space and privacy. It also had a grea...
2 Thank Leesh77
Also consider these accommodations in or near Anacortes
Majestic Inn and Spa
#7 of 10 in Anacortes
La Conner Channel Lodge
La Conner Channel Lodge
#3 of 4 in La Conner

Been to Anacortes Ship Harbor Inn? Share your experiences!