“A Great Value”

Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Anacortes
Sonora, California
“A Great Value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

We stayed one night on a quick trip to Anacortes. The hotel was small but very clean and the beds were exceptionally comfortable. They had cookies in the lobby in the evening and offered a continental breakfast. The hotel was right on Commercial Avenue in a very convenient location. The price for the room was very reasonable considering we were off season. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Auntiejo123
marinafun, Manager at The Marina Inn, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Thank you so much for your review. I hope you'll visit us again. Pam Audette, Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
SEQUIM
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

OK, maybe the rating should be a 4 7/8 only because the bathroom sink area is very small, but other than that, this place is real find in Anacortes. It's a small, well-maintained Inn that is so clean, you could eat off the floor. The staff is friendly and helpful, there are fresh baked cookies at 6 pm, mints in your room at night, and a surprisingly healthy (not cooked) continental breakfast. The coffee at this Inn is as good as any specialty coffee house I've visited. The label on the coffee carafe said, "Black Swan Roasting Company", and it was superb. This property also has a "Captain's Cabin" wing that's open during the summer for folks on a budget (think $55 for one person, $65 for two persons) - an absolute steal in Anacortes during the summer. We paid $63 on an AARP rate and stayed for three nights. The even have Gilchrist and Soames bath products in their rooms!! For the price, this is one of the best places I've stayed anywhere in the world. You won't be disappointed!

Room Tip: We had a room with two queen beds. When we stay again, we'll get a king-size bedded room to tak...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rjnjjwa
marinafun, Manager at The Marina Inn, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Thanks so much for your wonderful review. We strive very hard to provide quality and cleanliness at an affordable rate. Pam Audette, Manager
Hamilton, MT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

We stayed one night in the Marina Inn and caught the ferry to Orcas Island in the morning. The room was clean, reasonably priced and the staff was helpful with information about a good place for dinner and tips for the ferry the next day. The continental breakfast was good and they had cookies in the evening! In the morning there were several guests that gave us helpful tips for our visit to the San Juan Islands. Easy to access the motel on one of the main streets in Anacortes.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
marinafun, Manager at The Marina Inn, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Thanks for the great review! We love that you love our hotel. Please come back and stay again. Pam Audette, Manager
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

First I want to apologize for the tardiness of this review (I'm playing catch up), but since we had a first class experience I still wanted to post a review. My wife and I stayed here for one night in July 2012 on our way to catch the ferry the next day to Orcas Island. Based on the overwhelmingly positive reviews here at the time we selected this property and we were not disappointed. When we arrived the free cookies had just come out so that was a pleasant surprise! The room was very clean (very important to us personally), the decor and appearance of the room were not run down (pleasant), the queen bed was very comfortable (firm--if you like a firm bed), and things seemed quiet in the time we were there. The room had a small refrigerator and microwave which is always nice to keep drinks cool. The bathroom was a little on the smallish side, but that is a minor thing. As others have said, the public areas were also very clean and the next morning the continental breakfast was basic, but worked fine for us. It is close enough to the ferry landing that it wasn't a long drive to get in line. All in all we would stay there again the next time we need to catch a morning ferry. Thank you!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DenverFoothills
marinafun, Manager at The Marina Inn, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Thanks for your review. The Marina Inn is also great as a base point and then taking day trips out to where you want to go. That way you're not paying the high hotel rates on the islands. Just a thought.....Pam Audette, Manager
Homer Glen, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

I only stayed at the Marina Inn for one night, but it was a great experience. It was very reasonably priced for all it included. The rooms were very comfortable and clean. They had a continental breakfast, which was delicious. Something I'd never seen before was the larger bottles of shampoo and conditioner in the shower. It was much nicer than trying to squeeze out those tiny bottles. Finally, my favorite part about the Marina Inn was the cookies at the front desk. They were delicious and really showed me that they care about their customers. I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone visiting Anacortes.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
marinafun, Manager at The Marina Inn, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
To me there are few things more welcoming than coming into a room that smells of fresh baked cookies - and you get to eat them!!! Thanks for writing. Pam Audette, Manager
Anacortes, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014

I stay at the Marina Inn every time I need a place in Anacortes. I've probably been there 6-7 times and find it consistently clean and well maintained and the staff is so helpful and gracious. I love the warm cookies in the evenings! Breakfast is your typical continental fare with bagels, hard boiled eggs, english muffins, juice, coffee or tea and fresh fruit and yogurt. I really like their beds and the comfortable cotton towels and sheets. The location is great with good restaurants nearby and easy access to the downtown area or route to the ferry. I also really like the ductless heat pump system for heating and cooling. It's very quiet and kept my room a perfect temperature.

Room Tip: Rooms are very well insulated from road noise so probably any room is great. I usually stay on the...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Sarah J
marinafun, Manager at The Marina Inn, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Thanks so much for your review. We appreciate it when guests take the time to post a review. It helps us to constantly be improving. Pam Audette, Manager
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014

I am not one for small motels but decided to try the Marina Inn based on the reviews. My most important criteria for any of my hotels is that it is clean and Marina Inn delivered that in spades. I was very impressed with the cleanliness of the rooms and public areas.
The service was also amazing - from the I called to make my room reservations to the day we checked out, all we experience was great customer service. They even managed to give me an upstairs room (even though they did not have one available when I made my reso).
We had the King room with the comfy chair which my husband made full use of. There was a small kitchenette with microwave, small fridge, Keurig coffee maker. The bathroom is a tad small but sufficient.
The only negative thing is that their pillows are very soft - I will just bring my own next time.
This was our first trip to Anacortes but will definitely visit again as there are still places to explore and will definitely stay at the Marina Inn again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
marinafun, Manager at The Marina Inn, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Thanks for taking the time to write a review. Our pillows are feather pillows but we do have synthetic pillows available that may be more firm for you. Next time you are planning on coming let us know about the pillows and we will make sure we put synthetic ones in the room for you ahead of time. If you forget, just ask the front desk agent and they will be able to help you with that. Pam Audette, Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Anacortes
Anacortes Ship Harbor Inn
#7 of 10 in Anacortes
La Conner Channel Lodge
La Conner Channel Lodge
#2 of 3 in La Conner

Been to The Marina Inn? Share your experiences!