“Nice Room - friendly and accomodating”
Review of The Marina Inn

The Marina Inn
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Anacortes
Reviewed 1 March 2011

The front desk was always nice and informative. I asked for non feather pillows due to allergies and they were provided. The room was clean. Cookies were wonderful. Breakfast of yogurt, fruit, bagels etc. very adequate. Our room was really quiet. I'd stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Shotsea
There are newer reviews for The Marina Inn

Reviewed 26 January 2011

I have stayed here before and remembered it. It's easy to find on the main road through town. The hotel is not large, but has w-fi and exceptionally clean and quiet rooms. There was not one thing about the room that I didn't like. It had a hair dryer and large, soft towels. I admit I scrutinize my rooms carefully and was very pleased with the excellent job of the housekeeping staff. It is well maintained with no signs of wear and tear.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
6  Thank KS-more-adventures
Reviewed 12 November 2010

A bit on the spendy side for what you get. But, otherwise, a clean, comfortable hotel. We would stay again.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank travelinTots
Reviewed 12 October 2010

Newly upgraded rooms...did I mention they had fresh baked cookies on arrival? Breakfast is typical cold standard bagels, ceral, good coffee/tea. Great value in the area close to downtown and attractions (North Cascades, Anacortes ferry to the San Juans/Sidney).

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Interisland1
Reviewed 1 October 2010

We started our trip by leaving Logan airport in Boston. Took a cab to the airport, took a plane for 6 hours, crossed time zones, rented a rental car, drove for about an hour to a ferry terminal, waited 3 1/2 hours for a delayed ferry (hint: always make a reservation and check on these ferries around Whidbey Island), took a ferry ride, drove some more and finally arrived at our destination - Anacortes, Wa - in the rain. We found our reserved hotel, the Marina Inn and prayed it wasn't a dump. It exceed our expectations. We were only there for one night, but I slept like a rock - bed was super comfy! There were four of us in a double queen room and we were fine. The place was IMMACULATE! Really clean and tastefully decorated. It had everything you would need for a short stay. The free breakfast the next morning was nicely presented and was in a spacious, separate room. Again, really clean. Only a hot tub would have made it perfect! I would HIGHLY recommend this Inn to anyone going to Anacortes. Conveniently located, too with free parking; although Annacortes is not that big. Price wise, it was a bargain.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank Kitzy97
Reviewed 12 September 2010

We were to stop in Anacortes for an overnight prior to a VERY early ferry. We had been on the road for a week so one of the features that attracted me to the hotel were the guest laundry facilities. The room itself was clean and comfortable, nothing fancy, but it had everything we needed and I appreciated the in room refrigerator. The front desk staff were efficient at check in but not particularly knowledgeable about our inquiries. The spot had a few downsides, said laundry room closes at 9 pm and as I had a significant amout of laundry to get done at 7:30 pm and still needed to feed the kids, I opted to head to a local laundromat (which is open until 11pm and close by). Headed to the nearby Mickey D's and the kids went back to the room to watch TV (which we hadn't had in more then a week :) ) - everything in the end worked out well. Great location and 10 minutes to the ferry. The only other negative was the overnight desk person. I asked (most politely) as they offer breakfast at 6 -- if it were possible to get hot water for my two tea cups.... although a simple request I really thought it wasn't too much to ask. The woman was a tad surly with me (in front of my kids) and was very put off to have such a request. In the end she begrudgingly filled our cups and we got on the road. I did appreciate the AAA discount and it was a comfortable overnight - but a warning about the overnight clerk -- perhaps we should take up am coffee :).

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank Suntraa
Reviewed 2 August 2010

As many people have done, I booked this hotel to stay the night before catching the ferry to the San Juan Islands. I booked online directly with the hotel and the email correspondence was prompt and friendly; the cost reasonable at £76 a night. The directions were good and the place easy to find. There is free parking to the front, but it gets full - we squeezed into the last 'compact' spot as someone else arrived...

Our reception was, I felt, fairly 'typical', none of the warmth mentioned previously on the website. There was a strange odour I could never quite identify in the corridor to our room on the ground floor, luckily it never followed us into the room, but it was always waiting outside. The hall is quiet dark and dingy looking, but the room itself was bright and pleasently furnished. Two double beds, TV, external sink, bathroom, coffee machine.

Room was quiet at night, although we were woken with a dripping noise which I thought was the AC but turned out to be the guttering outside dripping on the window. Irritating more than anything. Free wireless internet was useful.

Breakfast was included; standard fayre -cereals, yogurts, baked goods etc, all of the standard quality. The breakfast room is small so does get cramped .

A perfectly average, convient place to stay - and that's what we were looking for!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank MaiseyDaisey
Also consider these accommodations in or near Anacortes
Anacortes Ship Harbor Inn
#7 of 10 in Anacortes
The Wild Iris Inn
The Wild Iris Inn
#1 of 4 in La Conner

Been to The Marina Inn? Share your experiences!