“Worth for the money and excellent service”

Sunrise Inn Villas And Suites
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Anacortes
Bellevue, Washington
“Worth for the money and excellent service”
Reviewed 24 October 2010

I had a wornderfull experience in Anaco Inn, This was my second stay in last 2 years. I was too impressed first time and that brought me back again. Located in heart of downtown Annacortes and around 10 minutes drive to the ferry terminal for friday harbor. The rooms were very clean and service was excellent. I had to call them for few questions couple of times in the night and they responded very promptly. I would certainly recommend this to a freind.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
4 Thank JaiShankerSingh

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 4 October 2010

Anaco Inn Highly recomended as value for money. Thoughtfully appointed suite,comfotable beds,excellent kitchen and breakfast with pleasant obliging hosts.

• Stayed October 2010
3 Thank craigfamily021
Sooke, Canada
Reviewed 30 September 2010

Our first trip to Anacortes WA had a bit of a rocky start... no taxi stands at the ferry, a bus stand with no schedule posted and the phone was ripped out of the phone booth. It was dark and we were without a ride. Luckily, another passenger with a cell phone offered to share his cab with us. So far, so good.

Unfortunately, the cab driver, a personable, easy going guy, dropped off his first passenger and then dropped us and our heavy bags at the wrong hotel (Anaco Inn instead of Anaco Bay Inn) despite repeating the address several times.

Thinking we had been dropped off at the proper location, when we tried to check in, the innkeeper kindly pointed out we had been dropped off at the wrong hotel. She offered to call us another cab and offered us a seat inside until it arrived.

After three separate calls to the offending cab company, each one with a promise to be there is 15 minutes, the owners of Anaco Inn could see we were tired and offered to drive us to Anaco Bay Inn themselves. Our offer to pay for the ride was graciously declined.

While waiting in their lobby, we noted the clean, pleasant surroundings, the friendly manner in which the innkeepers dealt with their guests, and the polite yet effective way in which the owner dealt with a 'lively' party.

If we hadn't already paid for our stay at the other hotel, we would have stayed at Anaco Inn in a heartbeat.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
4 Thank calmwave
Plainfield, Indiana
Reviewed 20 September 2010

I stayed at Anaco Inn for 6 nights recently as a home base for whale watching, hiking, island hopping & meeting friends. I was a Snohomish WA resident until Jan 2010 so this was my first trip that required accommodations. The Inn is OK, the folks there are nice enough - although I was a bit surprised that 6 night's full payment was required before I even saw my room.

My biggest complaint has to do with the paper-thin walls. I had a few different next door neighbors during my stay & could easily hear them talking, not to mention "night-time activities", baby crying, TV, etc. Not fun. If I wanted a roommate I would have brought one! I had to keep the radiator-fan on high to try to block out the noise. I suggest you pack some earplugs.

Next time I think I'll try The Marina Inn...

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank JJLovesMe
Long Beach, CA
Reviewed 15 September 2010

I can't say enough nice things about this hotel. The rooms are very spacious, quiet & well maintained. Plus, so incredibly affordable! We stayed there two nights & would walk downtown for dinner.. about a 15-20 minute walk. Perfect location if you're going whale watching through Island Adventures, as their office is 2 blocks away. All in all a fantastic value - would highly recommend this.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Kristen M
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 12 September 2010

We were extremely please with our 2 night stay at Anaco Inn. The Inn keepers were very kind and willing to provide assistance. They made great suggestions as to where to dine and make purchases in this relatively small town. (The Greek restaurant was fabulous!) The king-sized bed was very comfortable. Since I have a bad back, I was afraid that I might have trouble sleeping in various hotel beds during my vacation. However, the Anaco Inn bed allowed me to sleep peacefully throughout the entire night; I awoke well rested. The price for the room was great. I've paid a lot more to stay in shabbier places. Anaco Inn was well kept and homey. I read another review regarding this Inn in which the writer stated that the furnishings were not up-to-date. The rooms might not contain 'this year's models', but the furnishings are definitely clean and well maintained. I'm in my mid-30's, and I was pleased with the appearance of the rooms. I definitely liked the fact that the rooms did not smell like cigarette smoke and mildew. While I did not go inside some of the other Inns in Anacortes, the exterior of the Anaco Inn building made a very good impression in comparision to some of the other Inns in town. If I ever return to Anacortes, I would definitely stay at this Inn again. I was extremely pleased.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
4 Thank LisafromMadison
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 6 September 2010

We stayed 3 nights in a queen sized villa (sleep up to 6). This was located on the first floor. It had 2 bedrooms (2 queen beds in each) and 1 queen sofa bed in the living room, kitchen (stove/refrigerator), and 1 bathroom. This inn is an older building, the furniture and cabinets were all dated. We had to get used to the mattress in the queen sofa bed as you could actually feel the springs as you laid down on it! This unit had 3 or 4 doors (entry points) which you could access. We did not do any cooking in this unit. The DVD remote controller was kept in the lobby, and you had to get it from the lobby in order to use the DVD player. We liked having the free wireless internet. Continental breakfast was basic, toast, bagels, english muffins, jam, cream cheese, 3 selections of cereal, yogurt, mandarins fruit cups, coffee/tea. Proprietors of this inn are very friendly.

Location was good, as it is close to several restaurants, fast food places, gas station, US postal outlet etc. The Greek restaurant on the same street (on the corner) serves great Greek food, but is a little on the pricey side. There are 2 grocery stores closeby - the Market and Safeway. We did not spend much time in this unit, other than bedtime as as we were using this place as a stopover as we explored Fidalgo and Whidbey Islands. Overall a pleasant stay.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family