“Amazing really good price for the master SUITE!”

Majestic Inn and Spa
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Anacortes
Everett, Washington
“Amazing really good price for the master SUITE!”
Reviewed 10 February 2014

I loved it here the room I stayed in had a huge porch with two room two bath rooms huge shower and a jet tub girlfriend loved it. The only issue we had was the night clerk not answering the phone and being rude to us. But the rest of the staff is very knowledgeable and polite I will for sure be back.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Devin91
Matt P, Guest Relations Manager at Majestic Inn and Spa, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
Thank you for the honest feedback, Devin91. With two bathrooms, two balconies, and a jetted tub, the Majestic Suite is truly a one-of-a-kind room. We're happy that you were able to enjoy everything it had to offer. I would like to speak directly with you regarding the night clerk, so please feel free to call at your convenience. Thank you again, and we'll have the Majestic Suite ready for your next venture to Anacortes. -Matt (360) 299-1400 ext. 111

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
Houston, TX
Reviewed 10 February 2014

This was a good place to stay because of the location. It is right in the center of downtown Anacortes. It has charm and character. It is not your typical cookie cutter type of hotel. It is definitely an Inn. The restaurant was okay but didn't ring my bell. I had eaten here years ago and I remember it being a lot better. This was a short stay or me so I cannot wax eloquently.

Room Tip: High floor because the windows are old and they let in a lot of street noise. However, during the w...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank CaptainMM
Thank you for noticing the charm and character of the historic building. We have added special touches including premium bathroom amenities and luxury linens to each guest room. I apologize about your experience in the bistro, and would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you directly regarding the issues. -Matt (360) 299-1400 ext. 111
Montana
Reviewed 1 February 2014

I've had the pleasure of staying at the Majestic Inn on at least three occasions. The last two were in a Traditional King Suite within the new building. Upon entering the building one immediately experiences feelings of quality and elegance. It's clear that attention has been paid to every detail. The decor in the room matched that of the building giving you a very positive atmosphere. Quality workmanship throughout. A large and spacious room with a very nice bathroom and walk-in shower. We love the view overlooking Commercial St. The only negative I found was that the shower didn't have any grab bars in it.
We enjoyed a couple of drinks at the bar. A very delightful atmosphere. We didn't try the restaurant which was nearly full for we had previous reservations at the A'Town Bistro across the street- A favorite of mine. We look forward to many more stays at the Majestic. It's defiantly our go to hotel in the area. I personally feel it may be a bit underpriced, but I'm surely not going to complain about that :o)

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
We appreciate your feedback, Mrbillone and are pleased that you enjoyed the attention to details. Being centrally located in the heart of Anacortes, we are within walking distance to some of Skagit's best restaurants and bars (including our own!). Thank you, and we look forward to seeing you again.
Mill Creek, Washington
Reviewed 30 January 2014

My husband and I recently stayed one night at this wonderful hotel, and now are excited to return soon. The hotel is beautiful, historical and all the staff made us feel so welcome and cared for. Shannon and Carol at the front desk were so accommodating, and we very much enjoyed eating at the hotel bistro (happy hour was great!), where again we were given great service and a warm welcome. The area surrounding the hotel was wonderful for walking, and the cold, fresh air so invigorating. We are already planning our next visit! Thank you!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you, MarandKenny, for the great review. We couldn't be happier that we're your new getaway spot! Both Shannon and Carol appreciate being noticed for their dedication to providing the best service in the industry. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 21 January 2014

My wife and I just enjoyed a very relaxing stay at this lovely hotel, we stayed in the new building and had a view over looking the water. The room was spotless and the staff were extremely friendly. It was also situated next to many restaurants.

Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
You can't beat the views from the top of our brand-new expansion! We strive for the best service in the industry, and we're thrilled that you were able to experience it. We'll be sure to have another spotless room ready for your next getaway to Anacortes!
Clinton, Washington
Reviewed 10 January 2014

I travel a lot for work and play but have never ever written an online review. Until now...

My friend and I both commented, upon leaving the Majestic Inn last weekend, that we felt inspired to write a review of our stay.

From the moment we entered the building, we were warmly welcomed and well attended-to. The front desk staff were incredibly friendly and helpful, without being at all overbearing or superficial. They all seemed like genuinely nice people with our interests and preferences in mind.

The woman who was working when we checked in (I wish I had gotten her name) offered us the opportunity to look at a couple different rooms and choose the one that most appealed to us. We looked at a room in the older/original part of the hotel, and one in the new addition. We ended up selecting the new room, but both were quite nice and had their own charms.

Our room was new, comfortable, spacious, and well-appointed. The beds were comfortable. We never saw or heard another guest on our floor, though we saw the housekeepers cleaning another room. so it was evident that there were other rooms booked at the time we were there. The only thing I might suggest as improvement would be the strong scent of the bathroom cleaner or air freshener, which my friend and I both found overwhelming.

The desk staff were helpful with restaurant recommendations, and sent up fresh cream for our coffee when we requested it (at no charge). The bar staff were also friendly and provided good service. The food and drinks at the 5th Street Bistro, in the hotel, were very good.

Lastly, I'd like to report that my friend and I spent a wonderful afternoon at the Apothecary Spa. Molly, who provided my treatments, was wonderful, personable, professional. My friend indicated that the woman who provided her services was also great. We talked about driving up to Anacortes again just to visit the spa.

All-around, our stay at the Majestic Inn and Spa was perfect and we will definitely be back!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank ndworkin
Thank you for the kind words. We feel honored that your stay was perfect, and that you'll definitely be back. The new expansion boasts quiet and relaxing rooms, which we're happy you were able to enjoy. Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Woodinville, Washington
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Stayed in a king room in new addition for AARP rate $129.99/night in winter and had a nice stay but hotel missing small touches of more experienced innkeepers. For instance front desk forgot to give us ground coffee for 1st morning when we checked in and although they ran up when we asked, they only gave us enough for one pot and maid did not replenish. What's with hoarding coffee when you supply french press, electric kettle? Later we let the front desk know that housekeeping had not been by yet and when we returned from lunch, they still had not been to room. Finally came at 3PM. Usually we wouldn't have minded but it was a working weekend and stayed in room (we usually go to Bellwether in Bellingham). Kitchenette which we used and appreciated, lacked dish soap, sponge, paper towels, napkins or food-sturdy garbage bags. Little wastebasket garbage bags they use were not appropriate for disposing of wet/sloppy/smelly food garbage -- I had a crab to throw away. And toiletries were not replenished next to last day, so I missed out on using xtra shampoo for my last bubble bath soak. Tried to go the extra mile with magnifying mirror and cotton balls in bath but no sewing kit, shower cap, or shoe toiletries like a Hilton, Hyatt or Sheraton. Both Safeway and Market within walking distance to pick up missing items.

Room was warm, even without turning on fireplace so we cracked the slider. No big deal. But had to cover blue light from microwave at night to avoid HAL watching us sleep. And speaking of lights, they could have used a red bathroom night light in the bath. DO not ask to stay in the new section if you are sensitive to paint/new carpet smell. Odor still lingers in hallways; we didn't mind but noticed it.

Again, missing details.

We did use the spa for a polish change and facial although they are a bit overpriced. Wanted a massage but they were booked solid. Skip the nail services -- I think a beautician not a nail technician did my polish change and left old polish still on my nails and over painted cuticles. She probably thought I wouldn't notice since the polish color I chose was light but I've been doing my own nails since high school and could have done a better job by myself and paid $17.50 for the privilege.

"Facial" was relaxing and more like a mini-massage with included decollete and arm hot stone treatment.

All in all a great working weekend but would not return to the Majestic.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank TerryP555
Matt P, Guest Relations Manager at Majestic Inn and Spa, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
I sincerely apologize for missing the small touches during your stay. I am continually looking for ways to improve guest experience, and you have brought to light several issues that need to be resolved. Issues such as the late housekeeping service could have been avoidable and I will use this as a training tool for all of my housekeeping staff. I would like to speak with you directly regarding your stay, and hopefully have to opportunity to wow you on your next visit. - Matt (360) 299-1400 ext. 111
Also consider these accommodations in or near Anacortes
Anacortes Ship Harbor Inn
#3 of 4 in La Conner
Fidalgo Country Inn
Fidalgo Country Inn
#7 of 10 in Anacortes

Been to Majestic Inn and Spa? Share your experiences!