“delightful blend of modern amentities with old world charm”

Majestic Inn and Spa
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Anacortes
Seattle, Washington
“delightful blend of modern amentities with old world charm”
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

stayed on the 4th floor of original building- so charming with a beautiful staircase as the center piece with stained glass inset at the top. only downside was the beds were not very comfortable, but everything else was delightful. will stay here again!

• Stayed July 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I've driven though and past Anacortes to get on the ferry, and didn't really think I NEEDED to stay the night there on the way back from a weekend in San Juan Island, but I wanted to break up the travel back to Seattle and thought one more night with the family would be fun.

I am SO glad we stayed at the Majestic Inn! It felt like a bit of pampering after "roughing it" in nature. We didn't stay long enought to enjoy the spa, but the rooms were very beautiful and comfortable. One of our rooms had a kitchen and spacious bathroom--probably designed for physically challenged guests, but a great option for families with kids or older parents that might prefer to have meals in room.

Not that it was necessary for us: there is a GREAT selection of restauarants in this tiny, charming, historic neighborhood. Within blocks there is pizza, gourmet cafe, good Mexican, a pub, trendy restaurants, great diner, and more. Cute shops too. Lots of small local craft stores, some sweet boutiques, antiques, even a big old maritime supply store!

The Deception Pass state park is 20 minutes away.

All in all, we loved our short time in Anacortes, especially since the Majestic Inn made it feel so special. I would definitely go back to stay at this hotel for a romantic getaway, or return with the family for the night or a weekend with girlfriends. Nice special event space, too. It's a jewel.

Room Tip: We stayed in the new building: one room facing the street, not noisy, cute view. The Queen Suite kit...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Cristina K
Paul S, General Manager at Majestic Inn and Spa, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Thanks, Christina. We look forward to your return!
Shingletown, California
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at The Majestic on a 20 yr anniversary loop thru the islands. We stayed in 501, the suite, and it was a great experience. The room was spotless, the bed was comfortable, the large shower was huge, the view was great and The Majestic is located across the street from The Rock Fish Grill/Anacortes Brewing Co (and other eateries). I would stay here again and would recommend it to others looking for a nice room.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank 450X
Paul S, General Manager at Majestic Inn and Spa, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Thank you and happy anniversary. I'm glad you enjoyed us and Anacortes!
Friday Harbor, Washington
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We recently needed to stay in Anacortes, Wa. for medical reasons. We looked for a hotel that could accommodate our needs within reasonable distance to the hospital and had handicap access. This hotel not only looked appealing it was much more lovely than we imagined. But it was the staff at the front desk and in reservations and the restaurant that mark this as one of the best hotel experiences we have had in a long time.
Their extended kindness for our circumstances were so much appreciated as we were under stressful times.
The room was beautiful, they provided an extra comfortable chair for my 'patient' and room service was responsive with on-time, delicious food.
Thank you management and staff for such a pleasant and peaceful stay!

Room Tip: Priced well on the 'low side' for a superior hotel experience.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Jenny L
Thank you, Jenny. Trips to the hospital are never fun, so we wanted to make your stay as absolutely comfortable as possible.
Everett, Washington
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

Located right near all the restaurants. We stayed in the new rooms above the new banquet room. Room was great and very spacious. Kitchenette was great. Only downside is you can hear everything in the banquet hall. Overall though a great place.

Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Boarderstud
Paul S, General Manager at Majestic Inn and Spa, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Thanks for your lovely review. I apologize for the noise from the grand opening of our brand new event space. We are going to look into further soundproofing it. In addition to the extra soundproofing, we will try and rent the rooms on the floor above the event space to people attending the event.
Kirkland, Washington
Reviewed 22 June 2014

If you enjoy older charm, excellent service, a spa and restaurant on the premises, you will doubtless enjoy Majestic Hotel. They get their highest marks for service. Front desk attention to detail is flawless, and they truly listen to any concerns you may have. Our first night was spent in room 601, which unfortunately was directly over the elevator machine room . . . the on and off sounds of the elevator rising and falling until 2:30 in the morning, then picking up again around 5 a.m. No sleep was had that night and we were exhausted. When we expressed our concerns (and a desire to either be moved or to leave), every effort was made to find a more suitable room and an adjustment in the rate was made. They have a cozy bar with a nice happy hour menu. There is a roof top deck in the new addition, which serves food and beverages. Unfortunately, the food offerings are sparse and not that interesting or varied. It is a delightful area just to sit and enjoy the view, read a book, or grab some sun. Breakfast was somewhat disappointing. The scramble had too much cheese, not enough of the mentioned vegetables, an untoasted, over buttered English muffin, and very greasy overdone potatoes. Coffee given to each guest to use in a French press is very good and flavorful. The hotel is very convenient to many local restaurants and shops and the old historic part of town is charming. (The rest of the town is not so charming). There is a wonderful Anacortes Community Forest nearby for hiking or walking; and Washington Park offers wonderful views all around with access to salt water wandering. All in all, it is a very nice spot to stay!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Foodlover_12203
Dear FoodLover, thank you for your excellent feedback. I apologize for the issues you had in the hotel and restaurant as well as the limited food menu on the rooftop. On the other hand, I am thrilled that our customer service at the front desk was able to listen and truly address your needs.
San Francisco, California, United States
Reviewed 22 June 2014

The Majestic is a well appointed and maintained property. If you need to stay in Anacortes, it is a good choice, although I would not make it a destination in itself.

My overnight stay was ok. The staff was friendly and well meaning but the number of details that were off in just a 12 hour stay is somewhat surprising. Here is just the few that I remember:
1. I look for the password of the internet in the hotel guest manual. It says there is no password. My computer begs to differ asking for a WEP password
2. At 1am someone starts power washing (yes!) the pavement across the street from the hotel. I notify the front desk. Half an hour later I call the police. Finally around 2am the noise stops.
3. In the morning, I go to make coffee in the room. I cannot find milk or creamer. No point in making coffee.
4. I ask for my luggage to be stored in a safe location in the morning. The answer: you can leave it there (pointing at a public area). It takes me a couple of tries to ask the staff to put the bag in their office for safekeeping
5. In the morning, I ask for milk at breakfast. The very kind server brings cream... no big deal which is corrected quickly.
6. Finally, I ask for the bill. It takes too long to wait. I come back later in the morning to pick it up from the front desk.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you, Claudio for your detailed feedback as well as your comments of the hotel being well appointed and maintained. I do apologize for the numerous "quirks" during your stay.

We did recently set up password protection for our wifi, but we forgot to update the guest directory. Now that you have brought this to our attention, we will change the guest directories asap.

That is absolutely NUTS that someone across the street started power washing at 1am, and I am glad you called the cops!

I also apologize for the "quirks" of us confusing milk with cream, being slow to bring the bill, and being slow to offer a private secure area to store your belongings. I very much hope you decide to return so we can redeem ourselves by providing you with a seamless stay.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Anacortes
Anacortes Ship Harbor Inn
#3 of 4 in La Conner
Fidalgo Country Inn
Fidalgo Country Inn
#7 of 10 in Anacortes

Been to Majestic Inn and Spa? Share your experiences!