“Beautiful hotel”

Majestic Inn and Spa
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Anacortes
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We booked this hotel due to hotels being unavailable when visiting Friday Harbor. I am so glad to have been unable to stay there. The Majestic Inn and Spa was a gem! The town of Anacortes is a delightful surprise and this hotel did not disappoint. The room was spotless and beatifully appointed. I am super picky about staying at hotels and usually can't relax when thinking about germs etc. The Majestic Inn was the first time in a long time that I completely relaxed. The front desk staff was very friendly and we felt welcomed and appreciated that we chose to stay at their hotel. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Laura C
Paul S, General Manager at Majestic Inn and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

I'm glad we were able to set your mind at ease, so you could relax with us. Thank you so much for your wonderful review, Laura, and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

We stayed at the Majestic Inn 2 nights, one before and one after a trip to the San Juan Islands. Our room was a welcome sight after camping 5 nights on our trip. Our group consisted of my husband and me and our son and his family. The staff was very accommodating, putting us in rooms near each other with all of the amenities we needed. Freshly ground coffee on arrival was an extra treat.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Alice R
Paul S, Manager at Majestic Inn and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Thank you so much for you wonderful review, Alice!

Reviewed 15 July 2014

We are staying at the Majestic Inn and Spa in Anacortes . Our room #503 has a beautiful view of the islands with a small balcony. The room is beautifully furnished with nice product amenities including french press coffee maker and fridge. The rooftop bar has a great view but prices are a little steep and food minimal. We had dinner at the Rock Fish Grill, it was very tasty. Lunch today around the corner at Girl'd Cheese...OMG If you like grilled cheese you must go there but unless you have a huge appetitive I suggest sharing t,he sandwich. Sit in the patio/garden and enjoy the northwest air. This afternoon happy hour at "The Secret Cove" then onto Anthony's for their happy hour Yes..we are on vacation. this little town is really beautiful and lots of great food and beer on tap. I know we are lucky with great weather but take a chance and visit Anacortes.

Room Tip: Ask for a view there are only 4 rooms (I think) with a balcony
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dotti143
Paul S, General Manager at Majestic Inn and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

I'm glad you're enjoying your stay and our town! By the way, the weather is almost always this great between June and September.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

My Mother flew into Seattle to be with the rest of my family as my brother, her son, passed away in the hospital. We were up all night sitting by his bedside as he went...you can imagine how tired and emotional we were. My niece called to make a reservation for us at the Majestic so we could stay there until the memorial, she explained the circumstances to the woman making the reservation. When we got the to the hotel we were told that the room was not ready yet but they would put a rush on it (it was 12 pm and guaranteed check in is not until 4 pm). I gave them my cell phone number and asked them to call me as soon as possible, we were exhausted. I also asked them to hold our luggage, thinking that it would be kept in a secure location.

My Mother and I had to find something to do with ourselves, we had been up over 24 hours and of course, were very upset. I got a phone call at 3:54 pm letting me know that the room was ready. When we got back to the hotel to check in, I saw our luggage sitting along the wall in a public area. The woman checking us in acted like she had never seen us before and asked for our names again. She pulled up the reservation, read the comments and then asked us, very cheerfully, how our day was - my Mother told her "I watched my son die this morning" and then started to cry. It was at this point that the other woman at the front desk tried to up-sell us to take a $10 sauna, when we did not respond, she tried doing it again!

Needless to say, we were APPALLED and greatly OFFENDED by what happened to us. I realize that it was an uncomfortable situation to be in, however, this staff needs an incredible amount of training in customer service. I will not return nor will I ever recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank lawhite4033
Paul S, General Manager at Majestic Inn and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear Ms. White,
First and foremost, please accept my condolences for your loss. I was appalled as well when I read how inappropriately the front desk interacted with you and your family. I have spoken with and coached both of the ladies who were insensitive to your loss.
Paul

Reviewed 7 July 2014

It was a girlfriend 4th of July get away. The staff- Carol and Taylor were very attentive- handled all our needs and special requests. They had a great spa experience, great rooms, quiet in the evening. The rooftop -weather permitting was fabulous- great service by Travis.
We really enjoyed relaxing at the hotel, and the walking to shops was a plus.
Planning on making it a annual experience.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Taylor, Carol, Travis and I were thrilled to read your review. I'm glad you enjoyed your July 4th with us and are looking forward to being part of your annual tradition.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Majestic
We stayed in the Majestic suite, room 501, 2 nights, which features a separate master bedroom suite, a living area, and a separate second bathroom.
Very fancy shower in the second bathroom. Huge Jacuzzi tub in the master bathroom. The suite also features two separate balconies with great SE views of the harbor and mountains. The cupola offers 360° views. Very responsive to our housekeeping needs. Professional, efficient. We visited their full-service bar for happy hour. We had quality happy hour food and great martinis and drinks. We enjoyed Sunday breakfast which was tasty. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank AnnetteT478

Thanks, Annette. The Majestic Suite is truly MAJESTIC, in every sense of the word. I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Reviewed 6 July 2014

We booked two rooms at the Majestic during the last week of low season, and the reservation agent accommodated my wife and me, and our two friends, with excellent adjoining rooms in the new wing, both with a view. Upon arrival we were greeted by three smiling registration clerks (Amanda, Carol, and Laura Jean) who welcomed us with enthusiasm. Although the roof-top bar was closed because of an unexpected rainstorm, they immediately informed us that they had an alternative site, consisting of a happy hour and a place with a great view of the city. We took advantage of the alternative site, and then we were informed that the roof-top bar was opening soon for the remainder of the evening. We went there and had dinner (actually, large appetizers) and enjoyed the fantastic 280-degree view of Anacortes, Puget Sound, and the wonderful scenic views from the top of the hotel. We had no idea that part of Washington was so beautiful!

The above description only begins to describe the friendliness, guest-oriented attention to detail of this delightful hotel. Every single staff member, from the front-desk employees to Travis (roof-top staffer who took care of everything), to the bartender and staff in the Happy Hour bar on the main floor were attentive to every detail. The rooms in this hotel are top-class (meaning: well worth the slightly higher room rates compared to the other establishments in town). Clean, comfortable, well-equipped rooms, with robes, microwave, refrigerator, and other high-quality amenities were standard. The drinks and food we had in all venues of the facility were totally outstanding.

My wife and I have traveled all over the world. This is easily among the top 5 hotels we have ever stayed in during all of our travels.

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms have the best views.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Carlton E

Dear Carlton, it is an honor that a world traveler and senior contributor to TripAdvisor such as yourself deems us perfect and one of the top 5 hotels he has ever stayed in. Thank you for mentioning Travis, Amanda, Carol, and Laura Jean; they are all truly wonderful. We hope to see you and your wife back again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Anacortes
Anacortes Ship Harbor Inn
#6 of 10 in Anacortes
La Conner Channel Lodge
La Conner Channel Lodge
#2 of 4 in La Conner

Been to Majestic Inn and Spa? Share your experiences!