All reviews french press ground coffee new building rooftop bar street bistro degree view happy hour older building charming hotel top floor no air conditioning downtown anacortes san juan islands small town the main street bed was very comfortable salmon
Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

We loved it here . Ambiance was grand and beautiful . Very clean and comfortable . Perfect mix of updated and retained Vintage elegance all marrying together just lovely. Views from 4th floor amazing , sunset sea views in distance , and waking to sound of seagulls . Desk staff so helpful and super friendly . Just wish they offered spa services on the later evening as that would have been the cherry on top ! We hope to be back , we would definitely being staying here again !!

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank rekab317
Alia R, Manager at Majestic Inn and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2018

rekab317-

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful experience here at the Majestic Inn and Spa. We truly strive to set the highest standards at our historic hotel and appreciate each and everyone of our guests as our staff will surely make you feel. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 6 September 2018

A combination of many shortfalls earns this hotel, at best, an average rating. When I first phoned to make reservations, the person couldn’t answer questions about rooms or locations and wound up cutting me off in the middle of the conversation. They managed to make mistakes in my email address at check out too and sent copies of my receipts to the wrong address. While the hotel facade is nice and looks well cared for, the “suite” is your average Hilton Garden Inn design but with those awful stiff foam pillows, a creaky/lumpy sofa, rock hard mattress, and cheap/thin towels. Turning the faucets in both the kitchen and the bathroom to the hottest possible temperature produced warm water but it was very close to being uncomfortably cold in the shower. The room was fairly clean and the rooftop deck had a nice view but, other than those few things, this hotel doesn’t deliver on the hype and is way overpriced for what they offer.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank 123cjc
Alia R, Manager at Majestic Inn and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2018

Cjc-

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback regarding your unique experience at the Majestic Inn and Spa. I am unfamiliar with which room you were placed, but I do know we welcome all guests to share any issues with the front desk so that we can alleviate any problems. I am so sorry my staff was less than professional when speaking with you. I am going to take your comments and be sure to retrain my staff on the proper etiquette when speaking with our guests.We offer feather pillows if you felt the need for extra plush and would have been more than happy to accommodate any needs in order to make your stay a pleasant one. I can honestly say I did check the water temperature in each of our buildings and did not find it remiss but I of course took your feedback and attempted to find any issues. It is our goal for all our guests to meet each and every comfort need as we value and appreciate all of our travelers. I do hope you will give us another chance in the future.

Reviewed 1 September 2018

We have stayed at the Majestic numerous times since even before the fire in 2001 and the renovation - and we love it. This trip was our first time to stay in the new building and it lived up to expectations. I love the history & elegance of the hotel, the views, the restaurant and the downtown Anacortes neighborhood. Love the French press & fresh ground coffee. Hope we can stay longer next trip.

Room tip: If you can get a room with one of the little decks - go for it. A Mt Baker view is always a delight but so is Main Street.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Leanne G

Leanne G-

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with the Majestic Inn and Spa. We are very proud of our long history in this amazing town! We hope to be able to host you again soon!

Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

Stayed on night for a business trip. Great location, walking distance to many quaint restaurants in Anacortes. Really enjoyed the rooftop bar. Beautiful views. Room was spacious and comfortable. Very nice touch was that rooms had French Presses and staff would provide fresh ground coffee on request.

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank douglasd310

Douglas D-
Thank you very much for your kind words regarding our beautiful hotel. We are very proud of our staff and history in this truly charming town. We appreciate and value our repeat guests and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

Very disappointing. We booked a “traditional suite” — when we checked in, we were taken to a nondescript building around the corner from the main hotel that looks like a Hilton Garden Inn, and shown to our room, which was furnished only with a bed — no living room. I went back to the desk and said, “This is not a suite. A suite is two rooms. This is one small bedroom.” They said, “well, we call that a suite.” I said, “You can’t just call something a suite if it’s not a suite,” but they stuck to it.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Chesapeak2
Alia R, Manager at Majestic Inn and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2018

Chesapeak2-

Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns regarding your stay at the Majestic Inn and Spa. We value each and everyone of our guests and strive to make each stay with us the most comfortable and pleasant while you are away from home. It is unfortunate we did not exceed your expectations. We do have two buildings, our historic which is the original refurbished 1889 construction and our new modern building next door, erected 2013. Perhaps there was some confusion with booking that might have caused your concern? We always encourage guests to book directly with the hotel so that we can ensure to give you the best room to fit your needs. We also welcome guests to call the hotel with any questions to be sure all inquiries are answered prior to arrival. I hope you give us another chance to host you again.