“Great BBQ, but...”

Ranked #2 of 87 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 14 April 2013

Not a great experience.

We've been to Moose Creek a number of times, and will continue to go. Each time is a learning experience, though. As some other posters have noted, the dining room is somewhat, "meh". I like their patriotism, though it's a little distracting.

Sauces are good, meat is very good, sides are underwhelming. I absolutely *loved* their watermelon lemonade! BUT... My watermelon lemonade was, oh I dunno, about a 24oz glass, completely filled with ice, and about 8oz of liquid in it. I asked the girl at the register for a refill, and she told me she couldn't do refills on the watermelon lemonade. 8oz of a big giant glass and a bunch of ice for $3.25?!? I know a business, especially in a strip mall, needs to turn a healthy profit to survive, but seriously?

Like I said, "a learning experience". I don't know if the owner(s) and/or staff read TA, but I'm hoping they do, and pay attention to what their customers have to say.

I dinged them one rating point for the dated decor, the mediocre sides, and selling me a small drink in a big glass for $3.25. That being said, I'll continue to be a customer unless things get worse.

2  Thank vex10

Reviewed 15 December 2012

The real deal BBQ...go early before they sell out....yes SELL OUT. Owners take pride in the food and service

1  Thank Cjgrim
Reviewed 2 December 2012

Moose Creek BBQ is is the best BBQ around these parts. Nothing can even come close to this little Gem in our midst...Everything on the menu is delicious, tasty and you get plenty for your buck. My family can't resist this place, we look forward to every visit. The owners are top notch folks too...I recommend Moose Creek to anyone who loves really good BBQ.
The ribs, pulled pork sandwiches, brisket, chicken and homemade side dishes all delicious. Kid friendly too... everybody leaves happy. Thanks, Pat & Sharon.

3  Thank chris t
Reviewed 9 November 2012

You should know by the SOLD OUT sign that often is placed in the window, that this is GREAT food! i had the brisket sandwich, could have done w/o the bread (that's how good the meat is). The price seems high, but they really put a lot into making great smoked meat - so it's worth it.

1  Thank Sherrmama
Reviewed 16 September 2012

I have LOTS of time in the south. Texas, Mississippi, South Carolina, and Alabama...just to name a few of the places I've lived. Moose Creek always takes me back. It's more than just the excellent BBQ, though. The hometown feel, decor, and wonderful staff are the things that really set it apart. My wife and I usually split a sandwich (they are plenty big) and just add a side to the meal. Don't forget the cornbread!

2  Thank likes2travel716