“Perfect location for shopping”

Wyndham Garden Hotel Arlington
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Arlington
Reviewed 7 May 2013

We picked this hotel for the combination of shopping and free shuttle to one of the casinos in the area. It was just right. The breakfast was better than industry average for this class of hotel. Stay here if 1 of your party likes to shop and the other wants to gamble. With two casinos in the area and lots of shopping, what more could you want. The wifi is free and worked very well, however, the courtesy computer was very slow. We will stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 23 April 2013

OK place to rest your head along I-5. Our room was very quiet -- along the backside of the hotel. Breakfast was mediocre - powdered eggs, sausage patties, waffles, and the usual continental fare. I agree with other reviewers that the hotel feels "tired". I was a bit surprised given the focus on "no smoking" throughout the hotel that people were smoking in the stairwell and at the front entrance to the lobby -- not a good impression. I doubt I would stay here again given the selection of other options both north and south.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Oregonzied
Reviewed 22 April 2013

This hotel looks way better in the photos than in reality! We were disappointed when we drove up b/c the photo looked so great on the web and in reality it was old and tired looking!! Not what we expected! The rooms were clean, but that was the best part! The breakfast buffet was disappointing too. I have stayed at much cheaper hotels and their buffet was way better! This one was cheap, simple and a little too basic for us! Not even a fresh fruit basket with simple bananas and apples! I think canned peaches and pears is a cop out for fruit at breakfast!
The hotel staff was fine, but lacking in confidence. This may have been the first time the young lady was working the desk on her own, or maybe she just wasn't ready for this job. I think someone in the hospitality industry should have some real people skills and exude a bit of confidence!
We took the shuttle one night to the Angel of the Winds Casino, and feared for our lives coming back to the hotel as the driver was behaving like a maniac!!! He was fine driving to the casino, but then on the way back, he was driving so fast and aggressively that we were a bit frightened!
Not sure that I would recommend this hotel to friends.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank jrietze
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Although the Hotel is located along I-5, I found my room to be nice and quiet.
Big Hotel with something for everyone, pool, spa, restaurant, etc.
Close to the mountains, Tulip fields, and the Factory outlet stores Mall.
Older Hotel that shows it age in places.
When I pointed out a maintenance problem to the front desk it was quickly take care of.

Room Tip: 4 stories with elevators.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 April 2013

The hotel was clean however it's age is showing and it looks and feels old and rundown. The rooms are very expensive for what you get. Breakfast was good however the cooks could not keep up and you had to wait to get food. The hotel staff was pleasant. There was an open office being utilized by a hotel employee. It was a mess and an eye sore. The meeting rooms were poorly light and were old and rundown. The room was very clean and had some updating recently. The bed was comfortable but the bath tub was so small that at 5'4" I didnt fit. I would not recommed this hotel. You can get much more for $150 per night.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 April 2013

We stayed at the Medallion Hotel in March; 2013. We love the free shuttle to Angel of the Winds or Tulalip casinos, love that we have a fridge and microwave and love the happy hour appies in the lounge. The 'full moon' of shrimp was enough for dinner and I saved half for a midnite snack! The breakfast could use some work, liked the yoghurt and fresh fruit but the eggs were undoubtably powdered or sure had the texture of something not fresh. The sausage hockey puck was also terrible, I took one bite and did not touch these for the rest of our stay. No ham, as the sign indicated. You can make your own waffles but I passed. Great staff; very helpful with directions and we were moved quickly when some rambunctious 20 somethings moved next to us. Will definitely stay there again but will go to Denny's for breakfast.

Room Tip: All the rooms have soft beds but 315 has one soft bed and one firm bed; perfect for us! Most of the...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 April 2013

This was my second stay here - last time it was under different ownership. I will definitely stay here again the next time I visit my family in Arlington. The staff is helpful and friendly and the hotel is clean and comfy.

Room Tip: The fourth floor is very quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arlington
Angel of the Winds Casino Hotel
Quality Inn Arlington
Quality Inn Arlington
#4 of 5 in Arlington
Red Lion Inn & Suites Everett

Been to Wyndham Garden Hotel Arlington? Share your experiences!