River Rock Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsb bwonderful hostsan amazing placeromantic getawaythe cedar roomseattle areabreakfast was amazingminute drivelisafireplacetherapistacrespackagesheets
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 October 2012

Exceeded our expectations in every way...no detail was missed. The rooms are lovely and spotless. The beds are divine. Your hosts, Bob and Lisa, go out of their way to make sure everything is perfect. My husband and I shared a bottle of wine in the great room - what a wonderful way to spend the evening. I can't say enough about this wonderful Inn - not to be missed.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank jandlmom
Reviewed 21 August 2012

My wife and I spent our 30th Anniversary there and could not be more thrilled. Bob and Lisa were as warm as can be. Our room was absolutely perfect - immaculate, spacious, and romantic. The sweeping farmland on which the River Rock Inn sits is breathtaking, and our stay was topped off by a sumptuous breakfast the following morning. The River Rock Inn deserves an A+. I want to stay here each of the four seasons. We both feel lucky to have found it. You will, too.

Room Tip: All the rooms are probably fabulous.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank fredmed
Reviewed 4 August 2012

My wife and I really enjoyed our stay at the River Rock Inn. Bob and Lisa have created a gem of a destination in Arlington, which is somewhere I would never normally think to spend an evening!

It is certainly pricier than most local alternatives, but the innkeepers do provide great service and a good value. A homemade cookie when we got in was a welcome surprise, but totally unexpected was the fact that they lent us their car to drive into town for dinner so our tired legs could get a break from biking! The breakfast they served us the next day was a perfect start to a long day of riding. Quite frankly, it was a gourmet meal - not something we expected, but certainly something we appreciated.

If I were forced to make a complaint, it would be the time it takes to settle in. The only thing we were hoping for after a 60-mile ride was to shower, have dinner, and pass out. We didn't even have enough energy to consider a DVD from the sizable collection available to guests. Once we did get registered and settled in it was wonderful. The room and spacious adjoining bath were beautiful and everything seemed brand new. The property is also sited on a very pretty piece of land adjoining hiking trails.

All in all we would highly recommend River Rock Inn to anyone staying in Arlington who is looking for something welcoming, comfortable, and tasty.

Room Tip: All of the rooms sounded very similar to me. Let your preference for a first or second floor room guide you.
Reviewed 24 July 2012

Emilia and I got away to celebrate her birthday this last weekend and we were blown away by the standard of excellence we enjoyed at Arlington's River Rock Inn Bed & Breakfast. From the luxurious suites to the Sweedish massages and the gourmet breakfast... Bob & Lisa have really gone over the top in their offerings. I think we will definately return and recommend this little Bed & Breakfast to all my friends desiring a romantic get-away!

1  Thank Nicholas121
Reviewed 24 July 2012

My wife and I stayed here for our 16th anniversary on July 20th and 21st 2012. First let me start this review by thanking Bob and Lisa for their hospitality. After all, isn't that the reason most of us stay at a B&B instead of a hotel? I really felt like I was being welcomed into their home more than just a place to stay. Ever gone to someone's home for a dinner party and the hosts were so great that you instantly felt welcome? Well, that's what Bob and Lisa have done here at the River Rock.
Now to the review; we were welcomed at the door, removed our shoes, and placed them in the cubby marked for our room (The Stilly Suite). Bob walked us through everything we needed to know, including the guest kitchen (coffee, snacks, beverages and the occasional delicious fresh baked cookie or brownie!). He pointed out the trails that literally started right out the back door. They have a trail guide printed out for you. The fireplace and staircase in the main room are exceptional as you can see from the pictures right here on Trip Advisor. We were taken to our room and given a brief tour of the room by Bob. He explained everything from how to use the TV/DVD player (they have a large selection of movies and books) to how to use the massive tub. He and Lisa are a wealth of knowledge when it comes to local attractions, farms, produce and restaurants. We stayed on the "Not Just Another Bed! A treat for the Shopper!!" package and they gave us VIP coupons and a gift card to the Outlet Mall.
Let's talk about breakfast! I felt like every morning we were having breakfast at a friend's house - if that friend also happened to be an amazing chef! Coffee/decaf/tea were all available and each morning we had a choice of freshly squeezed/freshly pressed juices. We could definitely tell they were fresh, and Bob and Lisa always buy local or pick themselves. Saturday's breakfast started with fresh slices of cantaloupe and watermelon with some blueberries. The main course was some croissant french toast and delicious strawberry / raspberry / apple topping. Again, with all the coffee/tea/juice you wanted. Day 2 started with a cup of fresh blueberries and raspberries in a homemade ricotta. Never tasted anything like it and it was exquisite. Not your normal ricotta for sure. The main course was a strata with veggies and bacon topped with a homemade sauce and some delectable blackberry jam on the side. In fact, I'm not sure why I used the work "homemade" so much in this review - EVERYTHING was homemade! You could tell how much care and pride Bob and Lisa took in their meals, because the presentation of the meals matched the taste. First class.
Day 2 we went to the kangaroo farm Outback Tour (have you hugged a kangaroo today?) the Jordan Bridge and shopping. We were super tired when we got back but Bob asked us if we wanted to have a campfire around 9pm. We said sure and it was a great time. We got to hear more about Bob and Lisa's lives and what they like to do, and enjoyed hearing about what the other guests did that day. Those things included the bluegrass festival in Darrington, some visits to local berry and cheese farms, and spa treatments at the Inn itself. We thoroughly enjoyed and appreciated Lisa's advice about our upcoming trip to Paris. Bob and Lisa are real world travelers and have some great stories to share.
At the end of the evening we filled up the massive 2 person tub (it really is a 2 person tub) and enjoyed a bottle of wine and some cheeses we found that day. It was a perfect way to spend the last day of our anniversary weekend, and we can't recommend Bob and Lisa's River Rock Inn enough.

Room Tip: The Stilly has a 2 person jetted tub and lots of windows.