“Not the worst hotel I've ever stayed in.”

Quality Inn Arlington
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Arlington
“Not the worst hotel I've ever stayed in.”
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Pros:

The room was clean and didn't smell bad. The bed was comfortable and the sheets were clean. The bathroom was also clean and the towels were adequate. All other ordinary common amenities were present and adequate for the price of the room.

Cons:

This hotel has no elevator, so I had to painfully struggle up the stairs to my second floor room with my crumbling right knee. The coffee maker in the room looked dirty and I decided to skip brewing anything with it.

In general; I won't complain about some things, considering that this is a cheap hotel, I found it adequate for the price you pay for it. But yes, the air conditioner is loud, and so is the fan in the bathroom. The breakfast downstairs again is adequate considering what you pay for the room. This hotel ain't no Sheraton Grand Plaza, anywhere. It's the Quality Inn, in Arlington Washington, and good enough for what I paid for it.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Brian A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Clean and busy because the price is great. Very handy to be able to have happy dogs stay with us. Very convenient off of I-5. Busy busy busy breakfast area. Go early to be sure there is still a good supply of food.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Unalaska, United States
Reviewed 4 July 2014

First off the location is bad. The local farmers fertilize their fields with cow manure so the smell is like the farm. If you like that then ok. The road noise is bad so don't open your window so if you need to cool off you will have to listen to the air conditioner.
After the first night our bathroom wasn't cleaned so I left a good tip and the next day it was fine. The bathroom fan was so loud it was unbelievable. I reported it and the front desk already knew about it and parts had been ordered. I was there for 4 days and it was never fixed. Obviously it had been going on for some time because staff already knew about it. The parts were available from a hardware store not 5 minutes away but they had to "order parts". Another hurrah for corporate management. Where is the quality? I could have fixed the problem in 2 hours but the staff had to go through the "main office" to get parts. I guess it's corporate greed first then customer satisfaction.
The bed was totally worn out. My wife had to sleep in one bed and I another so we would not roll into each other.
The hotel is right behind a restaurant and the delivery truck comes early in the morning to make a delivery. They pull in behind the restaurant which is in front of the hotel so guess what. No sleeping in past 5:45 AM.
The breakfast buffet is marginal at best. Very minimum features. The restraint in front is good. The juice is really watered down, the coffee sucked and biscuits and gravy but no eggs or sausage or fruit. Come on.
I would not recommend this hotel unless you are desperate.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the North side. Road noise
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Malden, Missouri
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We stayed here during a recent trip to the Seattle area. The clerk was very friendly and check in was quick and easy. She also recommended a restaurant for us and it was nice. This is an older hotel and the rooms are small but very clean. The breakfast was the usual Choice Hotel fare and we had no complaints about it. The only reason I am giving it 3 stars is because it was average; no elevator to our 2nd floor room and outside the side entrance was also used for smokers and having to walk through an area where people are smoking was not too pleasant. It is about 1.5 miles off the interstate. There is a small airport right next door but we never heard any noise from it. Other than that this was a nice place for us to stay and we would definitely use it again in the future if we are in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for 1st floor if you can't manage the stairs
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Akron, Ohio
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Horrible place like going back in time 30 years, No customer service at all, girl at front desk really didn't care one pat answer to all questions, talk to manager, Manger Paul was horrible to deal with, really didn't give a rip. They are not handicap friendly at all. Room smells, no elevator, 28 stairs to 2nd floor, bed spreads have pulls in them, its just not a nice place I strongly recommend you go else where. Price line who I booked the room with called and talked with manger after that conversation offered a full refund.

STAY AWAY

Room Tip: My tip go some where else
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 30 March 2014

I was in Arlington on a news assignment and having trouble getting a hotel room after being up all night doing live news feeds back to NYC. I actually got on the phone with the local Quality Inn desk because the internet was showing them full. The manager had just gotten a cancellation and said she would hold the room for me. When I got there, I explained I really needed to check in and get some sleep and she ran upstairs to see what was ready to occupy. She found me a room that was in the back of the property, quiet, clean and comfy. It was all I could hope for in the exhausted state I was in.

Room Tip: South side room was really quiet.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank jay r
ASHOO O, Manager at Quality Inn Arlington, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Hello Jay R,

Thank you so much for taking your time to share your experience during your stay. I am pleased to hear your stay was enjoyable, specially after a long day on the road and I am glad we were able to accommodate you during that time. Hope to see you again soon.

Marlyn
Newberg, Oregon
Reviewed 18 February 2014

We have been traveling to the Arlington, WA, area nearly every month over a five year period, and have found the Quality Inn to be a comfortable place to stay. As a Senior Citizen and Choice Privilege Member,we find the rates to be acceptable. The fact that there is a restaurant across the parking lot makes for a complete "away from home package" for us.
In this general area is a large Factory Outlet Mall and numerous big box stores - Costco, Walmart, Cabela's, Lowes, Target,,etc. There also are numerous restaurants.
Over the years we have seen the improvements that have been made by the owner and manager. Service has always been polite and welcoming to us. We treat the motel with the same care we treat our home and have made friends with the manager. We appreciate her!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
ASHOO O, General Manager at Quality Inn Arlington, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Hello Susan

Thank you for taking your time to share your experience during your stay. It is very nice to hear our guest had a pleasant stay. Looking forward to see you again on your next visit
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arlington
Medallion Hotel
Tulalip Resort Casino
Tulalip Resort Casino
#1 of 3 in Marysville
Best Western Cascadia Inn

Been to Quality Inn Arlington? Share your experiences!