“Okay, but congested traffic area”

Best Western Plus Arlington/Marysville
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Arlington
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Bit of tough traffic, many cars, few lanes on this street. Had I known I'd pay more for Arlington taxes/tourism would have stayed in Everett. Okay, but costly for this kind of area. Rooms okay, breakfast basic. Pool if you are interested, lots of kids.

• Stayed: July 2014

Reviewed 26 July 2014

What a very nice property this one is. Easy access to the freeway, lots of food in the area including a Starbucks in the same area. Brand new, so the furnishings were clean. I was surprised to find some mold in the shower, but I guess they have some bugs to work out. They don't even have the front facade finished, so I'm sure they will get their act together. The bed was kind of uncomfortable for me, because I wasn't used to it. The staff was outstanding, very friendly and outgoing. The full breakfast was pretty good. They had they cute little cheese omelets. I would definitely stay there again!

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Clean, efficient, with comfortable bed and a good breakfast and a friendly staff. Unable to check out pool or other amenities due to lack of time during this trip. Had difficulty with the rewards program and didn't have time to check into it. Also found the internet survey difficult and inflexible regarding the rewards program--the most disappointing part of our stay. Unable to access discounts, extra points, or free stays.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We booked at this facility on a recent family visit to Washington. Although we thought we'd try to book closer to Bothell (we were attending a couple of events in the areas), it soon became apparent that availability and prices were at a premium for the days we were visiting. Rather than pay a small fortune, we elected to look at Marysville/Arlington as an option. What a great decision. Sure, there was more of a commute to points south but this hotel really delivered. It was very close to Premium Outlets, Cabellas and a variety of other shopping options. It was also very quiet - removed from the I5 made a huge difference unlike other places we've stayed over the years. The building itself is fairly non descript from the outside but it's new (only opened this spring I believe) and here's what made it a great choice:

Rooms are fresh, clean and everything worked!
Pool was a little small but clean and lots of towels available
Breakfast room was the best feature - staff were extremely attentive and the food was plentiful and freshly made. I'm not sure how crowded it might be on a busy holiday weekend but the flow seemed to move quickly and we always found a place to sit.
It was quiet! No rush of water from the neighbouring room shower coming on at 6 am! Made for a really pleasant sleep.
Staff at front desk were really professional and friendly. Both check in and check out were seamless
Finally, the WIFI was terrific! Best connection we have had in years. It was actually faster than our home connection.

We travelled to Seattle on a couple of occasions and yes, it's a commute but it's also what you would expect staying further away. There is a wonderful Ram restaurant and Olive Garden within minutes and a Safeway and drugstore close by. The area seemed very safe and there was a new medical clinic right across the parking lot. We would definitely stay at this property again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 4th floor if you really want a quiet space. Although, pretty sure all floors...
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Great new hotel near Marysville. The hotel is clean and quiet. The hotel is close to Costco, Target, Seattle Premium Outlets, many restaurants and the Tulalip Resort and Casino. We would stay here again!

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Stayed two nights here in July while our family traveled through northern Washington. Location was a good launching point for The San Juan Islands, Whidbey Island, and the North Cascades Scenic Highway 20. There also is an Outlet Mall just down the highway for you shoppers out there.
The property was very new and modern. A far cry from what a Best Western normally is - rehabbed old hotels. It was nice to see BW can do it right if they want to. Nice lobby and breakfast area (free hot breakfast). Pool was bigger than what a lot of their hotels usually have and had a hot tub. Tall ceilings and large rooms rounded things out.

Staff was friendly and helpful. Our trip itinerary changed a couple weeks before we traveled and went from staying one night to needing two. We couldn't get the same room style for both nights when I had to book the second night. I kept checking on-line to see if one would open up but to no avail. So on a whim, a few days before we traveled I called the local hotel number and explained my situation. Since we had three kids we were hoping to not have to switch rooms the second night. The person who answered the phone (Tasha) got her manager and they both worked on it while we were on the phone and they came up with a nice solution that worked for us. Very appreciative of this.
My only negative complaint was they made a small mistake with my check out and payment. I advised the counter person at check-in that I would be paying with Best Western Gift Cards. She said they like to have them up front so they can be more easily processed and this would expedite my check out. (Which I was excited about because we had just left another BW property where it took over ten minutes to check out) I gave her $450 in cards for a bill that would be about $443. She said they would get processed in the morning and they would give me back the card that would have the $7 on it the next day. Everything went as promised and she gave me the card the next evening. However, when we stayed at the next property and tried to use the remaining balance, they said the card balance was $0. I suspect it had something to do with when we checked out, a different person was there and she did not know how to close out my bill but could see everything was paid and sent me on my way.

I'm not going to make a big stink over $7 but I have a general frustration that they could not handle the use of their own gift cards properly. Now I must say I have paid with gift cards or hotel rewards points many times over the years with different hotel chains and this is a universal problem everywhere. It always boggles my mind that hotels can't handle their own issued forms of payment.

In summary, I would definitely recommend this property. It was probably the nicest Best Western I've stayed at for both service and accommodations.

1  Thank pevk
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I got there too sick to go out and eat so bought a snack to eat in the room. The desk clerk told me to take a dish and spoon from the breakfast buffet. By the next day, I was well enough to enjoy the breakfast buffet, but still not able to try the pool or exercise room. The bed and tv were great, though!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arlington
Medallion Hotel
Tulalip Resort Casino
Tulalip Resort Casino
#1 of 3 in Marysville
Best Western Cascadia Inn

Been to Best Western Plus Arlington/Marysville? Share your experiences!