“Where Do I Begin...” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Auburn
Portland, Oregon, United States
“Where Do I Begin...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

Called for a reservation weeks in advance...needed a room that was accessible to my handicapped husband and a place that would allow us to have our dog with us as we were in the area for a dog show. Placed in a room on the third floor not the first floor as was booked. Worn and dirty carpets, uncomfortable beds, trains going by all night, toilet paper holder falling out of the wall, wifi did not work. We had neighbors who were up before 8 AM screaming obscenities and threats at each other and didn't stop until they lit up their drugs which we could smell in our room. Tried the phone and it didn't work so could not call the main desk. They did move us to a better room on the first floor...this is a scary place to stay. I would not stay there again.

Room Tip: Get a room as far from the railroad tracks as possible. The rooms on the first floor are better kep...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
auburntravelodge, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Dear Kathy,

We sincerely apologize that you found your visit so disappointing. Upon further investigation into your reservation, I see that you had made a reservation through a third party. Unfortunately third party companies sometimes fail to pass on special requests. In most cases, we try our best to accommodate all our guests special requests, however; this becomes a challenging mission when our hotel is at full capacity. For this reason, I suggest you book directly with us next time and we will see to it that your special requests are met.

In regards to the trains - regrettably this situation is out of our control. We keep our housekeeping to the highest standards and we are terribly sorry to hear that we did not live up to our standards or yours. I have made sure to share your feedback with our team and you will be happy to know that the necessary maintenance and repairs have been completed since your stay with us.

I hope you will allow us the opportunity to serve your future lodging needs, as we would like the opportunity to provide you the level of service you expect from the Auburn Travelodge.

Thank you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

I booked my room on orbits after driving for 17 hours I arrived at the hotel that I paid for in advance. When I get there they did not have the room that I booked and the room they gave me did not have air
I go back and inform the girl that the air is not working she tells me sorry we have no other room to put you in. Then in front of my face checks in a customer and hands him keys to a room. ( customer skin was the same as hers) . Then once again looked at me and said there was nothing she could do and would not give refund
DO NOT STAY HERE

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
auburntravelodge, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 4 September 2014
Dear Mathonica,

We sincerely apologize that you found your visit so disappointing. Unfortunately third party companies sometimes fail to pass on the right room information that customers book. In most cases, we try our best to accommodate all our guests requests, which in this case we could not meet as we were sold out. Our staff make is a priority to make sure we meet requests when we can, however; having a sold out property makes that a difficult task. For this reason, I suggest you book directly with us next time and we will see to it that the right room is booked for you.

To your grievance regarding racism, I am sorry that you felt the staff was racist - I have spoken to this particular staff you were in contact with and she let me know that you were already checked into the room before you came down and discussed switching to a room with 2 beds instead of 1. Since she was in the middle of helping another customer, it would have been disrespectful and impolite of her to stop helping that customer and take on another. I understand that this may have felt like she was giving special preference to someone else while you were in need and I sincerely apologize for that however; we have not and would not tolerate any of our staff giving special preference to anyone and do take complaints such as that very seriously. In regards to refunding your stay with us, because you booked through a third party we were unable to uphold this compensation as I'm sure our front desk staff let you know.

In the future, it would best to book with us directly as we are then able to make changes to your reservation as needed and are able to compensate you if things aren't dealt with adequately. We hope you will be giving us another chance to serve your future lodging needs, as we would like the opportunity to provide you the level of service you expect from us.

Thank you.

Travellers are raving about these Auburn hotels

burnaby
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

well im not a rich person but im not a dirty one either im so thankfull for all those reviews and also would like to thank the hotel for refunding my room fees and realizing they have some work to do if there going to make that a safe place for people to stay time to kick out some of there dirty people and renovate that place best of luck to you Travelodge Auburn

Room Tip: Dont stay here!!!!! blood in blood out lol
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
      Rooms
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Sterman,

We sincerely apologize that you found your visit so disappointing. We keep our housekeeping to the highest standards, so we are not sure where you encountered dirty rooms and also an unsafe environment. I can assure you that in my 4 years of working at this property we have not once had any incidents and would like to inform you that we are the safest hotel property according to the Auburn Travelodge.

We do not discriminate against any one that comes to our property so I apologize if you feel that certain people staying at our property did not meet you standards. I am, however; glad to hear that you were happy with the refund you did receive as we like to keep our guests happy. I would like to assure you that we do daily checks on our rooms to make sure they are up to our standards.

We hope you allow us the opportunity to serve your future lodging needs, as we would like the opportunity to provide you the level of service you expect and experience the many enhancements we have and continue to make on this property.

Thank you.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Auburn
La Quinta Inn & Suites Auburn
GuestHouse Inn Auburn
BEST WESTERN PLUS Mountain View Auburn Inn
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#5 of 7 in Auburn
Best Western Plus Seattle/Federal Way
Red Lion Inn & Suites

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!