“good but not great”

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Auburn
Eugene, Oregon
“good but not great”
Reviewed 11 May 2013

The reviews had been very good and overall the motel was fine but I would not rank it great. The bed was very comfortable and that is the most important. The room was clean thou there were old stains on the rug. The front desk woman was very nice but I wish we had a room not on the hiway side of the motel. The motel was very centrally located for Seattle and Tacoma which was great for us. The breakfast was the most disappointment. It was toted as a full breakfast but compared to others we've had, not so much. The coffee was great and that again is the most important. I would stay there again if I needed an overnite stop.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Jennifer C, General Manager at GuestHouse Inn Auburn, responded to this review, 13 May 2013
Good morning, jamkee. I am disappointed to hear that your stay was less than satisfactory. For the record, our breakfast is considered "deluxe continental" which means more than donuts and coffee. We realize we don't have a full hot breakfast like full service hotels, but we offer much more than other limited service hotels in our area. I certainly hope that you will give us another try. If possible, please request a mountain view room...no highway noise and beautiful scenery. Our front desk agent would be more than happy to accommodate you. Thank you for taking time to review your stay. :)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 9 May 2013

We found this unit to be clean and well kept with a very efficient and courteous staff. Our room was a king and quite large overall. There was a coffee maker, microwave, TV with a good selection of channels & small refrigerator that all worked well. The cooling unit worked well and was relatively quiet. The bed was quite comfortable. The bathroom was a split type with toilet and shower separate from the sink area. Both were very clean. The shower was clean and modern with good water pressure.

We had a second story corner room by the stairwell that we found to be quiet. There is adequate space to hang clothing as well as a dresser. The well stocked breakfast was good and included hot and cold items. The dining area was very clean. The upkeep at this unit is good and it's apparent that the staff works hard to keep it up. Nice lobby area with good seating and a PC. The free wireless worked pretty well.

All rooms access via inside hallways. There is an elevator.

The location is good with several dining options within easy walking distance. Small casino nearby as well as gasoline, coffee and convenience store options.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank rdsaundrs
Hello, rdsaundrs! Wow! What an amazing and very comprehensive review of our fine establishment. We take pride in what we do and it's wonderful that we can create a stellar environment for our guests. Thank you so much for taking time to review your stay and we look forward to your next stay. :)
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 19 March 2013

After four nights at the Auburn GuestHouse Inn, I can say that the people were great, the room comfortable, bathroom small, and place noisy. Because of it's location, quality and affordability (and they take pets too), it's a favorite with truckdrivers and those in the service industry. So part of the parking lot has large truck parking with noisy in the mornings. Additionally, it is very close to the train tracks, and passenger and cargo trains.

My kids appreciated the cookies and apples in the lobby, and the wi-fi in the room.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Jennifer C, General Manager at GuestHouse Inn Auburn, responded to this review, 21 March 2013
Hello, CJRM. Thanks so much for the kudos! We appreciate hearing the good things as well as the things we can improve upon. As for the noise issue, it is true that we are conveniently situated near SR 167, which makes for a great central location for drivers and corporate business people, as well. I apologize if there was noise during your stay that could have been prevented by us. Obviously we cannot control the sound of the train coming and going, but we rarely hear that anyone was bothered by the sound. Especially if they are staying on the east side of the building. We hope that you have a terrific spring and come and visit us again in the future. Thank you! :)
Williamston, South Carolina
Reviewed 19 March 2013

Break was ok no grits tobe found. Clean rooms. Thee best smell towels ever in my travel on the road. Have been broken down for three day this place has been great for us truckers. If your broken down this is the place to stay.

• Stayed March 2013
Thanks, buttermilk1972! There's just something about fresh towels and sheets that makes you want to cuddle up. Hello Spring! Although we don't offer grits in our breakfast, (Not a big seller in this part of the country) I hope you were able to at least enjoy our hot sausage gravy and buttermilk biscuits or a freshly baked Belgian waffle! We thank you so much for your kind words and hope to accommodate you again in the future. :)
BTM
Reviewed 5 March 2013

We're kind of basic in our lodging needs. Everything was clean. The room temperature was fine. The beds were comfortable. The plumbing worked. There was hot water for showers. It was surprisingly quiet for its location alongside a busy artery from the freeway to the main drag. Breakfast was one of the best we'd had. The staff was friendly and efficient. It is the best kind of accomodation, there was nothing that we'd improve upon.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south may be quieter, but ours on the north side was just fine.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Jennifer C, General Manager at GuestHouse Inn Auburn, responded to this review, 7 March 2013
Greetings, pcsdpo! We pride ourselves on simplicity. No foo-foo frills or overdone, expensive amenities that add to our room rate. We are glad you can appreciate that here you get what you pay for. A clean room, a happy staff and a deluxe breakfast that we can brag about. Thanks so much for staying with us and taking time to let us know we're doing something right! Happy Spring! :)
Pendleton, Oregon
Reviewed 17 February 2013

I was in town on business and have been staying in another Hotel close by. I had been quite happy staying there and had planned to make that my regular monthly stay. Only issue I would have is the internet NEVER works. Well this last visit I wasn't certain how long I would stay, 2 days maybe 4. (in a nut shell) I was told I would be okay through Thursday night but not Friday. Wednesday afternoon I was told I had no place to stay as they rented my room out from under me. SERIOUSLY, obsolutely blew me away. And on top of thsat my family had sent me Valentine gifts that for some reason I almost didn't receive even though they were tagged for me from my family and even had my room # on them.

Okay enough history, bottom line is I was upset, hours were being wasted when I should have been working. I had no idea where I was going to set up fot the next day or so. Then my wife looked on Trip Advisor and found The Guesthouse. We explained to "Ashley" what happened and she started hitting the keyboard to find a room to meet my specifications. She was able to make it happen even though they were booking pretty heavy for a ton of high school wrestling kids and families that were in town.

She got exactly what I needed and even had time to bake some awesome cookies! Yes people!!! they bake cookies for you in the lobby. My room was clean, warm, plenty of towels and even extra soap. Oh and guess what else..........they were almost $10 a night less than the other place been staying at. AND did I mention that THEY BAKE COOKIES IN THE LOBBY!

Clean towels, soap, better pice and cookies. yup I found a new home!

Room Tip: It's all pretty good, sweet location.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Tizmyn
Jennifer C, General Manager at GuestHouse Inn Auburn, responded to this review, 18 February 2013
Greetings, Tizmyn! I am thrilled to hear that we were able to accommodate you during a very busy weekend! Ashlee has been with us almost 5 years and if there is a way, Ashlee will find it to accommodate you. I'm so happy that she was able to do so. Sporatically, we also serve brownies in the evening in addition to our scrumptious cookies. I hope you get the opportunity to try them on your next stay with us. I am delighted that you will be returning! Thanks so much from the entire staff here.
Newman Lake, Washington
Reviewed 1 February 2013

We stayed at the hotel for 3 days and every staff member from the desk clerk to the maids were very friendly and hospitable I will stay there again next time I'm in Auburn. I never met the manager but They must have a great manager also to have all there staff be so hospitable and helpful. Hotel was very clean and comfortable.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Jennifer C, General Manager at GuestHouse Inn Auburn, responded to this review, 4 February 2013
Thanks for the kudos, Clay R! We try our very best to treat all of our guests with the kind of respect that you would expect from a 4-star establishment. I'm so happy that you were able to experience this firsthand! Hopefully you will return in the future and I may make your acquaintance. Thank you!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Auburn
La Quinta Inn & Suites Auburn
Best Western Plus Mountain View Auburn Inn
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#5 of 7 in Auburn
Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle/Federal Way
Best Western Plus Seattle/Federal Way
Quality Inn & Suites Federal Way

Been to GuestHouse Inn Auburn? Share your experiences!