“We'll Be Back”

Auburn Red Lion Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Auburn
Reviewed 19 September 2013

My husband and I were visiting Auburn where I grew up. After checking several hotels we chose this one where Chris is the assistant manager. For us this was the best place for us-helpful upbeat staff, good breakfast, clean rooms and great location. We will definitely stay here next time we visit Auburn.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Jennifer C, General Manager at Auburn Red Lion Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

Hello, L315M! We are so thankful that you took time to review our humble establishment! Thanks so much for the kudos. We love everyday that we are able to serve our guests and see that it actually makes a difference in their stay. We have great pride and are happy it shows! Have a most excellent autumn season! ;)

Reviewed 2 September 2013

We pulled into this hotel on 8/30 without a reservation but looking for a location close to the SeaTac airport for the night as we were flying out the next day. We had hiked Mount Rainier that same day and were looking for hot showers and a quiet night. The room itself was great. Large and comfortable with a breakfast included. Unfortunately, at about 10pm and ready to take showers I started the water running and there was no hot water. We called the front desk and they said that they were full up and that there just wasn't any. The person in charge was unapologetic and had nothing really to say. Others were complaining as well. The situation did not improve over the next two hours so all gave up and went to bed. In the morning there was hot water but no time- had to get to the airport. The morning person in charge did take off $40 from the room- so there was compensation. But, I'd have rather had my hot shower.

Room Tip: If it's full up- there could be water problems.
1  Thank MNHiker2013
Jennifer C, General Manager at Auburn Red Lion Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2013

Greetings, MNHiker2013. I am so sorry for the unsatisfactory stay you had over this past weekend. Unfortunately, there was no way of knowing that the 3 softball teams that had tournaments this weekend and the Taylor Swift concert-goers would be arriving back from their events at the same time you wanted to shower. We have an extremely larger boiler system built to accommodate normal showering habits for 96 rooms but it can only handle so much in extraordinary circumstances. I communicated with my front desk staff when the issue came up and she is the one that posted your discount. She was not uncaring as she phoned me immediately when you contacted her about the problem. Unfortunately it was not a maintenance issue, but a usage issue that could not have been helped. Obviously, we pride ourselves on guest satisfaction so I hope that you give us a second chance in the future. Thank you.

Reviewed 30 August 2013

Just completed 60 day stay at this super friendly hotel! Top down, all the staff were so helpful, polite..FANTASTIC!!! Asst Mgr Chris Wehmeyer helped me on rates for the longer stay, Front Desk staffers, Ashley [a real gem for empathy and accommodating guests] and Serenity [saved me brownies when I got back late] were beyond superior in their duties. Terra, housekeeping, did a great job to insure my room was spotless the whole 60 days! Breakfast Lady Gayle is the best possible person to be greeting us sleepy guests in the morning.. cordial, helpful, all positive!! I've found my future home anytime I'm in WA. I felt so well taken care off, I even got hugs when I checked out. Room was spacious for my needs, hanging space, dresser, working fridge/freezer, always fresh clean towels. It was an amazingly enjoyable stay!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Michael V

Thank you so much, MichaelV! I think you enjoyed us as much as we enjoyed you! We certainly appreciate all the kudos you have given our staff. It's nice to be able to accommodate a guest that appreciates the little things we do to please. We wish you luck in your future ventures. Don't be a stranger! :) Happy Autumn!

Reviewed 29 August 2013

We spent two nights at the Auburn Guesthouse and this was our second visit. The room was clean and tidy, beds were comfortable. We had a nice view of Mt Rainier. Check-in and out was quick and efficient. Breakfast was included and was adequate and the lady in charge of the breakfast room was very helpful. We didn't notice any noise and so had a pleasant nights sleep. I would certainly recommend the hotel to family and friends and most likely be staying again next year.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Hello, T0mS! We appreciate your taking time to review your stay with us. I am especially pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Please think of us next time you are in our neck of the woods and we will do our best to make your next stay stellar, as well! Have a fantastic fall. :)

Reviewed 14 August 2013

We booked 4 days at the GuestHouse Inn after staying at a below average place in Kent, Wa. The staff was very friendly and the rooms were excellent. Nice and clean. The breakfast is above average with sausage, eggs, waffles, cereal (hot & cold), bagels, muffins, juice, coffee, etc... The area where it is located is nice and a shopping center is within walking distance. We enjoyed our stay. :)

Room Tip: There are railroad tracks nearby but with the window closed we did not hear anything. If concerned...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Jennifer C, General Manager at Auburn Red Lion Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2013

Greetings, Vchurt! We sure appreciate getting an excellent review from you! When we see these, we know for sure that we're doing something right. I am so happy that your stay was a good one and that we played even a small part into making your summer memorable. Please enjoy the rest of the summer and we hope to see you next time you're in our neck of the woods. Many thanks!

Reviewed 14 July 2013

We chose the GuestHouse Inn for our wedding guests for a June wedding and it worked out very well. We also stayed there ourselves (in the apartment) since we are from out of town. The room with three queen beds was perfect for the six bridesmaids. We chose this hotel based on other reviews on the internet and phone calls we made to the assistant manager, Chris. In every interaction with Chris, he was very helpful. He gave us an excellent group rate since we were expecting to use more than 15 rooms. The first time I saw the hotel was just a month before the wedding and we were very pleasantly surprised to discover that from the south side there is a stunning view of Mt. Rainier (if weather cooperates). Because of this, we asked Chris if he could give rooms to most of our guests on that side of the hotel (most of them had never been to Washington before). He was very gracious in accommodating this request, and all my other requests as well. I was pleased with the cleanliness of the rooms and the helpfulness of the staff. When our bathroom light burned out, a maintenance man came almost immediately and fixed it. The breakfast buffet has good variety and is abundant. We loved the wonderful warm cookies served in the lobby every evening. The hotel is conveniently located near a variety of restaurants and stores. I recommend this hotel highly. I want to thank the staff and especially Chris for their service to our group of guests.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Jennifer C, General Manager at Auburn Red Lion Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2013

Hello and thank you, Linda J! It was a complete delight to read all the wonderful things you had to say about our property and staff. I know how amazing they are...it's nice to see that it's been conveyed to you and your family, as well. :) Isn't Mt. Rainier an amazing piece of our landscape? I have seen it all of my life and it never gets any less majestic. Hopefully you and your guests were able to see at least a glimpse while you were staying with us. Thank you for giving kudos to my wonderful Assistant General Manager, Chris Wehmeyer. He is certainly a force in the management and people pleasing department. I am very happy that he was able to meet and exceed your expectations. This is nothing new for him. Please enjoy the rest of the summer. We look forward to seeing you again if you're in this neck of the woods.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

After having a crappy response at the Best Western, I left there and decided to try this place, what a delight. Treated like a real person. No problem handling my request for close to the elevator, no problem with anything. Directions given to whatever asked for in a polite way.
The room was beside the elevator which I had asked for, and I can assure you it was quiet, the AC worked very well, and I will be staying there again. Also soon realized many friends were staying there too, as we were all in town for the same event. I had to take a brochure to friends who also were not happy at the Best Western and looking for a better place. Also $30.00 a night cheaper than the Best Western!

Room Tip: I had room 214, and will be asking for it again.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Jennifer C, General Manager at Auburn Red Lion Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2013

Greetings, Victoria1328! What a pleasure to read your review! I am pleased that our staff provided what we strive for...outstanding guest service! We do our best to fulfill any and all special requests such as your need to be near an elevator. We also make sure that our Front Desk Agents are familiar with the local attractions and directions to most locations. Is it a coincidence that your friends were also staying here for the same event? I think not! They are just as wise as you. :) I'm happy that we were able to provide you with a stay that was both satisfying and reasonably priced compared to the hotel that you left for us. Many thanks. Enjoy the summer and we hope to see you back this way in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Auburn
Best Western Plus Mountain View Auburn Inn
La Quinta Inn & Suites Auburn
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#4 of 7 in Auburn
Red Lion Inn & Suites Kent Seattle Area
Quality Inn & Suites Federal Way
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sumner

Been to Auburn Red Lion Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!