“Weekend Getaway of Fun!!”

Red Lion Inn & Suites Auburn/Seattle
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Auburn
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Weekend getaway to Seattle and Wild Waves - Perfect spot for us. We arrived to a king size bed, two reclining chairs, table and chairs, along with microwave and mini fridge. Perfect for our needs. We wouldnt be needing the room during the day as we would be spending the day in Seattle and at Wild Waves. Our room was on the first floor, and very quiet, barely heard the neighbors, only when they were getting into their room :) Close by is Fred Meyers aka Kroger's for our East Coast Visitors.

Not sure what others need, but i love a place that has an AC unit that can pump the cold air and plushy pillows :) The shower/bathroom was nice and clean.

Great AC
Clean Room
Free Breakfast in Dining Room
Desserts served at night in the lobby
Free Wi-Fi (laptop never had an issue getting connection along with two cells and a tablet)
Close to nice grocery store that is on the other side of Lowes

Wild Waves is just a short trip over the hill, Seattle is a wonderful town and the hotel is less than a half hour drive unless you go during commute time, which we didnt.

The staff is wonderful and friendly, they even have discount tickets to Wild Waves :) another perk but we didnt utilize this, as my company had a bigger discount.

We will be back in August 2015

Room Tip: if you have kids, ask for a suite, you will enjoy the room :) Table and chairs, where we played puzz...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Jennifer C, General Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Auburn/Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Happy Summer, kptjpj! We can't thank you enough for the glowing review! And so very comprehensive! We are very pleased that you enjoyed your experience here and hope that you will visit us again in the future. We are very grateful you took the time to point out the awesomeness of our humble establishment. Much appreciated! Enjoy the remainder of the summer!! :)

Reviewed 18 August 2014

After our Alaskan cruise, we wanted to see more of beautiful Washington so initially, we chose the Auburn GuestHouse for the price. However, that was what got us there. The rooms were very clean, the staff very friendly and accommodating, the free breakfast was well stocked, fresh and tasty. The rooms were certainly larger than those found in Seattle. Also, a shuttle is provided to visit area attractions...casino and outlet mall were my favorites. If given the opportunity, we will certainly visit the Auburn GurestHouse Inn again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Hello, Apairofshoes! Thank you! We sure love seeing reviews that let us shine! We offer a wonderful service here and I'm so glad that you were able to take advantage of some of those and enjoy yourself at the same time. We are very grateful that you took time out of your busy schedule to let the general public know about your positive hotel experience. MANY THANKS! Enjoy the rest of your summer! :)

Reviewed 14 August 2014

Hotel advertises newly renovated but I saw no signs of this. Rooms, elevator and common areas are not well maintained and not clean. Thank goodness staff are friendly and helpful otherwise I would have really felt cheated.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sworrels

Greetings, sworrels. I am sorry that your stay was not satisfactory. We work diligently each day to ensure cleanliness, especially during a time when we are full each night. I'm sorry we missed the mark with you. As for "newly renovated", we do not advertise this anywhere so I'm unsure where you saw this. However, we DID just install a brand new hot tub, carpeting in all rooms, upgraded to flat screen TVs and are preparing to upgrade all of our beds soon. I certainly hope that you would give us another try as we would love to have you! Thank you so much for acknowledging our wonderful staff. Enjoy the remainder of your summer. :)

Reviewed 23 July 2014

The room was what we expected. Clean and comfortable. The housecleaning service did leave some towels at the sink. Not sure if she used them for wiping the sink or just forgot to remove it from our room. We had a view of Mt. Rainier from our room. We did not receive the cookies and milk everyone raved about, but that was not an issue for us. Breakfast was good, and they did get a few food items ready for us since we were on the road before the kitchen opened for breakfast. Enjoyed the complimentary breakfast. Having a microwave and refrigerator in our room was also a big plus for us.

Room Tip: There is only one room with a queen facing Mt. Rainier, so make sure you ask for that one if you wan...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank C H

Hello, C H. Thanks for the kudos and we sure appreciate your patronage! It has been a warm summer and we are happy you were able to stay with us. Please keep us in mind next time you visit our fair town! :)

Reviewed 21 July 2014

My daughter and I stayed here when we went to a concert at the White River Amphitheater. Perfect location for that.We have no complaints per se. KT took care of us at check in, and even though the 'guest' in front of us was rude and demanding, when it came to our turn, KT gave us a smile and checked us in quickly. Our room was "fairly" clean, a few cob webs in the corners above the shower and in the sitting room of the suite, but nothing I felt the need to immediately complain about. The walls are a little thin so we definitely heard the neighbors, and the serenade of a lovely train a few times during the night. However, that's to be expected in a hotel in an industrial area. The train passed quickly and we fell right back asleep in our comfy bed. The complimentary breakfast was GREAT! Hot waffles, hot biscuits and gravy, fresh bagels, juice and fruit and cereal. The halls were clean, parking plentiful. We would stay here again in a heartbeat. The only less than great service I had was upon check out. My daughter and I both felt that the woman (can't recall her name) was short with us, didn't ask if we enjoyed our stay or if there were any issues, and seemed much more interested in joking around with the Housekeeping woman than with making sure we were satisfied customers. No eye contact other than when I questioned the price of our second night (I thought it should have been $20 less, but I didn't have my confirmation sheet so....) she just replied "You must have made a mistake. That's the price." Oh well, all in all it was just fine for the money.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the south end, away from the freeway entrance. That's where ours was - the onl...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Jennifer C, General Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Auburn/Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Greetings, DeniseMMullen.

Thanks a million for taking time to review our property. I'm am thrilled that a majority of your stay was a good one.

As for the housekeeping issues, I do apologize. Our housekeeping department is typically on top of it but I will be sure to pass the information on to them.

I'm sorry that your check-out experience was less than stellar. However, I did research your rate inquiry and found that the rate booked online was, in fact, the same rate that we billed at check-out.

Again, thanks for the review. I hope you and your daughter enjoyed the concert and enjoy the remainder of the summer! :)

Reviewed 21 July 2014

This place is a cluster F. I booked months in advance for the Journey concert at the White River Ampitheather. The hotel was full as to be expected. I did not get a king room that I reserved, I got a queen. They didn't have the rooms cleaned so we could not check in at 3:00pm. We had to wait till 4:00pm, then it was another hour wait in line in the lobby while only ONE lady booked everybody in. They knew there was a concert in town and yet did not have the personnell there to meet the needs of the public that were paying to stay there. Needless to say we did not get to see the entire concert also because the traffic was so horrible. Took us 4 hours to get to the concert. The bed was hard as a rock....the floor was softer. the toilet had big burn marks on the seat, the floor was dirty, the door key would not work on the doors half the time, the tub was gross (my wife and I skipped taking a shower in the morning) we just wanted to get the hell out of there, and this was supposed to have been cleaned????? I spoke with several other people and they stated the same thing---NEVER GOING TO STAY HERE AGAIN! This was the nightnare from hell not only for me, but for many, many others also. I don't know if they have the balls to say anything or not, but I DO. I will be following this review up with a letter to Chris Wehmeyer, Director of Operations for Hemstreet Development who owns this rat trap.

Gary Gorss
Port Angeles, Wa.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Jennifer C, General Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Auburn/Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Hello, Gary G.

I am very disappointed to hear about your trip here this past weekend. Yes, we were extremely busy but typically on concert nights we get some check-ins prior to the event but most come after the concert is over. I'm sorry you had to wait longer than expected but we did run full the night before, as well, and I can assure you that housekeeping did their very best to get the rooms back online in a speedy manner.

I appreciate the feedback about the condition of your room. This was obviously not acceptable in any way. I always use these reviews with my staff as a learning tool. Nobody likes a dirty room and they will be made aware that yours was less than stellar.

Again, my apologies.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

This airport is off of the interstate, a typical interstate hotel.
What should I expect for $110/night.

The carpets in the halls and entry ways need to be vacuumed.
The carpet in the bedroom had stains.

The room was clean, but cramped. Nothing special.
I haven't slept in the bed as of yet, but will sleep with ear plugs due to the interstate noise.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing Mt. Ranier, not the interstate side.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello, skatingtoolman.

Thanks a million for taking time to post a hotel review. I am so sorry your stay was not satisfactory. However, I still appreciate the review as it allows us to see our shortcomings and work on them. We pride ourselves on our cleanliness and based on our regular guests and reviews, your stay was definitely not typical. Please accept my apologies and contact me directly if you would like to give us another try. Thank you.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Auburn
La Quinta Inn & Suites Auburn
Kent Comfort Inn
Kent Comfort Inn
#3 of 12 in Kent
Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle/Federal Way

Been to Red Lion Inn & Suites Auburn/Seattle? Share your experiences!