“fun day”

Morris's Shadow Mountain Stables
More attraction details
Owner description: Great place to take the family for party, trail ride, riding lessons. Wonderful horses relaxing and close to surrounding major cites.
Reviewed 18 October 2013

I had a very nice ride today at Morris's shadow Mountain Stables. Bonnie was our guide and my friend and I had a private ride. When we got there the horses were ready to go. We have some riding experience and both enjoyed our horses. Mine was a real sweetheart and happy to be out on the trail. He was easily controlled and responded well to my commands. I brushed him after the ride and he had a wonderful personality.
Bonnie was easy going and we enjoyed talking to her about her farm and passion for her horses and animals. You can tell how much she loves them and they love her. We went through the trails and fields and she asked us several times how we were doing. Yes. we crossed a small ( no traffic) street and rode to where there will be a development but it wasn't a problem at all. The horses seemed used to the terrain and not bothered by it.
The trail was well kept, pretty and nice for being near an urban area. We stopped at few places to have our picture taken. She also had a very nice helper working there who was super friendly.
I also really enjoyed all the animals at the farm. There was an Emu, a llama, little ponies, a donkey, goats, chickens, kitties, and sweet Newfie. All the animals were very well taken care of and were sweet natured. It was definitely a down home farm feeling where you can tell the animals get attention. Even though the premises isn't a big, fancy horse farm, the barn and arena is large, clean and real nice.
I will definitley go again!

1  Thank barbara m

Reviewed 13 June 2013

The girls all had a lot of fun. The Lady that ran the class was very nice. She made sure all the girls listened to her as she went over the rules for safety. She made sure they all had helmets on that fit properly. The girls all learned how to brush the horses before saddling so the horse would be comfortable. When my daughter got scared on the horse she went over to make sure she was ok.
It was a nice place. They had many different animals to see. Lots of chickens, ducks, geese ect. The mini donkey and Llama were adorable. Huge rabbits! Even an Emu :) baby kittens and a big friendly dog.
The undercover arena was wonderful, especially here in Washington. All the horses were beautiful and looked healthy to me. Our group had a very nice time for the 2 hours we spent there.

2  Thank Heather H
Reviewed 11 December 2012

The horses are not well taken care of and the pastures are over crowded.
They are not excercised and no grass.

6  Thank leesbluenose
Reviewed 27 June 2012

I hate to complain about a business, but my gosh this place is scary!!! I had never been there before and I saw a today deal on groupon for the petting zoo area of the stables. I thought that this sounded like a fun place to take my two and a half year old. When we got there, I couldn't even get out of my car without big ants swarming my feet and biting me. Then I did not even know where to go when I got there. I went through a gate and waited a while until a staff member showed up. I asked her where I should pay for my ticket since I had purchased a groupon vocher already for my son. She asked me for the voucher and told me to wait there. She took the voucher and went away for a while. Then a little girl came and asked me to give her money and sign a liability release. The staff member that I gave my groupon voucher to made the little girl ask me to pay for both my son and I even though the girl was only charging me for my fare initially. I paid the girl anyhow and did not dispute the fact that I shouldn't have had to double pay for my two year old as I had already paid for the groupon... Then the staff member took us in into the main petting zoo field and showed us around the place. then we were free to be on our own. I took my son back into the gate to the main petting zoo field and immediately I am swarmed by an angry sheep named Stuart and a pushy pig. The rest of the animals seemed fine. The sheep was mad at me for not petting it enough I guess so it began to ram me very hard from a full on run. I screamed, and it backed way up and rammed me again! It felt like a car hit me and I have bruises now. I was in fear for my young son so I grabbed him and carried him across the field to safety. The owner came out and apologized and said that stuart might have to be evicted from the petting zoo soon since he was aggressive. She blamed it on too many people petting its head. I told her I had to get my son out of there before he got hurt. If that sheep hit him he would have had serious injuries I am certain! It is a large sheep and very dense. So I took my son out to see the bunnies ( they were safe ). Eventually when Stuart was busy eating hay that the owner brought I took my son just past the gate to the field so we could get out quick if needed. I got my son and I in the fence ( just barely ) and a bully pig tried to push past me to get out of the fence. I tried to keep it in the fenced area while shooing my son out to safety once again and the damn pig got pissy and bit my leg! We left the farm since I feared for my son's safety there. Who has a petting zoo with evil animals anyway. The other issue I have with the farm is there is no sink with soap and water to wash properly. There were two randomly placed purel dispensers though. So, now my son is freaked out of pigs and sheep thanks to Morris's shadow stables petting zoo. And I am all bruised up from the damn sheep! We will definitely not be back.

10  Thank Shelly S
See more reviews
Reviewed 26 April 2012

We had purchased a group on for a trail ride. Being an experienced rider, I was looking to introduce my boyfriend to riding. We arrived and had the "search" for the entrance to yard that apparently held the barn. When we entered horses were having shoes put on and stood there for a few minutes before being acknowledged. We introduced ourselves and found the owner to be a little rough around the edges, she couldn't remember that we had a reservation or who we were. That being said, the surrounds were dangerous for horse, human and all other creatures. It was like trash had been pushed to one side in hopes no one would notice. The horses were thin and kind of sad looking. Being an experienced rider (I used to own a horse) I was keenly aware that trail horses have are built a little different- but these guys were THIN. The ride itself was a disappointment. We walked about 200ft on a busy road, mounted the horses off of rocks and proceeded through some urban trails onto urban roads and then to a housing development that had stopped building. If I would have paid full price for this I would have been ticked! Don't waste your money here, this woman thinks she knows what she is doing, but the condition of all her animals is deplorable.

17  Thank Disappointed556