“surprisingly good hotel for the money”
Review of Days Inn Auburn

Days Inn Auburn
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Auburn
Reviewed 26 July 2013

I've traveled to a lot of places and stayed in a lot of hotels and am somewhat of a stickler for good service in the hotel industry. I can say from my experience staying 3 nights at the Days Inn in Auburn, NY that it was one of my most satisfying experiences as a guest. The hotel lobby has a plaque with a guarantee that everything in the hotel is in working order--seems like a given but NOT TRUE in a lot of places. True at the Days Inn. Everything works in the room from the big things (TV) to the small things (coffee maker, hairdryer, etc.). There is free breakfast--no eggs, but a good array. The room is spacious, the air conditioning ROCKS, the toilet is CLEAN. Very excellent service too. Both day and night staff was so cordial and accommodating you feel more like you're staying at a much more expensive place. I'm sure the Days Inn franchise must have had some sort of overhaul (what with TV ads and all) in terms of the kind of quality they want to represent... GREAT JOB if so. Also in downtown Auburn. Short walking distance to all the shops. Safe. Overall, seems like a very thoughtfully run place.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 21 July 2013

The housekeeping was great they did all they can do to help me but the rooms need to be updated the TVs need to be updated I couldn't get wifi signals in the room but I can stand in the parking lot and get it great Other then that the service was great

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 July 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 July 2013

I booked my room through Hotels.com thinking it was going to be an average place to stay over the weekend. It was a total nightmare . First off, they put us in a smoking room which I had to go back and switch. Once we went to the other room. The doorknob broke plus our neighbor was really loud, and we could smell mirajuana in the air. The room looked decent, but could use some work. If you are looking for a safe place to stay, this is not your destination. The area is ghetto full of drug addicts and homeless people. I managed to get half a refund back, but the staff members were beyond rude and unhelpful. The clerk at the front desk had to be on drugs or drunk because she could not communicate like what normal people would speak. The manager is crazily obsessed with her Hinduism idol on top of the counter which I found to be really odd. If you are planning on visiting Auburn, WA. I suggest Comfort Inn on 1 16th street.

Room Tip: I would not recommend this hotel for anyone unless you are looking to get no sleep and get robbed o...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Chétt T
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Worst hotel experience of my life.

The whole building rattles when people walk up the stairs. The rooms are DIRTY! I had to switch rooms...went from one room with a burnt floor and body hair all over the bathroom counter (237) into another room with mold in the shower and gross black stains in the tub, toilet not cleaned, nothing dusted, sticky stuff on drawer knobs (130).

There were not enough towels to accommodate one person, let alone two, which the room was meant to be set up for. I requested extra towels for the pool at check-in and they assured me my room would have plenty. They must think 2 towels and one wash cloth is "plenty" for the pool, sauna, and showering. (I would have mentioned the hot tub here, too, but it was out of order. Wish I would have known that since it was the main amenity that made me choose this hotel!)

Every time I talked to someone at the front desk they claimed that their computers weren't working, so they couldn't go in and look at or adjust information on my reservation. Even at checkout when I asked Theresa for a courtesy discount for my horrible experience they claimed their computers were down, but she instantly printed me a receipt and told me to leave when I started to voice my complaints. She even threatened to call the police on me when I started vocalizing my horrible experience. I was told to take any complaints to the manager, but conveniently for them, the manager wasn't in and they were unwilling to give me a contact phone number for him so I could resolve the issue before I left town.

I am NOT a picky person when it comes to hotel rooms, as I have worked as a front desk receptionist at a 1-star Super 8 as well as a 4-star local bed and breakfast, so I know that it doesn't matter how much you pay, you get a bed and a pillow no matter where you go. What you pay extra for is excellent customer service, a sense of safety, clean rooms, special amenities, and a good night's rest. I got none of those things from this Days Inn. I could have spent half as much money and stayed at a Motel 6 and been happier with my experience, as like I said before, all I wanted was to sit in the hot tub all day and maybe not be threatened with police for complaining about something that is absolutely unacceptable.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms in this hotel. They are all noisy, and both the rooms I slept in were dirty...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Michelle M
Reviewed 9 July 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Sandyeggo619
Reviewed 30 June 2013

We had five rooms rented out with our group. First they couldn't find our friend's reservation even with a confirmation number. It took them 20 minutes! Our room smelled of cigarettes, there were stains all over the rug, the bathroom door looked like it had been peed on running all the way down the door. I signed my paperwork and I let the lady know we were staying 2 nights and my paper only said 1 she said thats okay we will take care it when you check out. The next day we went out and about we came back to the hotel between events, our room key didn't work!So my husband went in and they fixed his key and told him not to keep it by his cell phone. After a long day we finally got back to our room about 1:30 a.m.; at 2:30 a.m. we were woken by someone opening our door, luckily we had it latched. He said the room was supposed to be vacant. He went back and then called our room and said they didn't extend outr stay and that we needed to come over and make a payment. My husband went over the guy wanted to charge him $50 deposit to pay cash and instead of matching out rate he wanted us to pay $30 more than we had the night before so my husband was already not happy about being woken up at 2:30 a.m. and was telling the guy it was ridiculous, well he called the cops on my husband for being a "hassle"(he woke US up!) and he told us we needed to leave. So we had to wake up my sister since she rode with us and she had to check out. He was so rude saying it wasn't him that worked the shift that screwed it up. So basically too bad for us. We drove all the way back to Spokane at 3 in the morning! I tried calling the owners oday tand the front desk said oh they come in everyday but just at whatever times they want and I don't know when they will be in. No one in our group will ever stay there again and I will be sure to write as many reviews as I can and never recommend this to anyone staying in Auburn. It is really too bad b/c we go over all the time. I would sleep in my car before staying here!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends