“Not that bad!”

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Auburn
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I booked this through Hotwire and was pretty scared to stay here because of the horror reviews. Honestly, not that bad. This is a normal roadside motel. Room was clean enough to feel comfortable. Bathroom was clean. Property feels safe (next to fast food and Lowes). For the price I paid, I have absolutely no problem with this place. Its not the Ritz, but certainly had no problems.

If you are looking for a cheap place to stay, this should work fine.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank atkriebs

Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

Door kicked in, no alarm clock. Stinky, roach motel, DONT STAY HERE! There was hair everywhere, we used our own sheets and pillows, as we were traveling. The ones provided were dirty. I think I found blood on the box spring cover. Nasty place. There is a smell in this place.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Robert K
Reviewed 4 July 2014

The room smelled strongly of pet urine along with a hint of smoke. Supposed to be nonsmoking and no pets. Yellow stain on bedspread, wood stick to "lock" the window. Aired it out but... Last resort only. Had young kids and was worried for their health and safety. Check the Sila F review. She hits the nail on the head. It is that bad...

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 June 2014

This Motel was portrayed as an Inn & Suites, not as a Motel. It was misleading. It was not at all what we were expecting, much worse. I should have read the comments from others who stayed, which I normally do, but I was in a hurry and forgot to. If you want a newer and better smelling hotel, or Inn, do not stay at the Cedars Motel. The bathroom wasn't too bad, but the main room was older and smelly and the bed worn and old. Yuck. It was a bad experience for me, and to top it off we had someone try to get into our room at 2am. They either were booked to the same room as we were, or they were drunk and couldn't figure out where the hell they were going and tried our door instead of the room they were supposed to. Not sure, but my husband had to yell at them through the door to get them to leave our door alone. They laughed about it and moved on.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Property M, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Thank you for your feedback, please be aware that we have gone through full renovations including furniture, paint, etc. We do have suites available at all locations.

If there is an issue, we encourage instant feedback so we can help resolve any issues. We would have loved the opportunity to move you to another rooms. I do apologize for a confused guest knocking at your desk. Again this could have been resolved by a quick call to the front desk.

If you are willing to stay with us again, please call and talk to the manager and we'll do an upgrade to suite on your future stay!

Reviewed 2 June 2014

We were fool by the pictures online. It was gross just gross. It was not what it looks like online, the smell was terrible. I almost throw up just by walking up the stairs to our room. When we entered the room, I almost blown away by the smell when we opened the door. The bathroom smells like Convalescent Homes for Senior citizens, it smells like pissed, vomit and it disgusted. The rooms smell like smoke but it says non-smoking room. Wi fi did not work. TV channels only had few channels. I went to the front desk and requested another room which it was okay but I could not stay another night, only stayed there for two nights from five nights we paid. I had a confrontation with the manager because I didn't want to stay there one more night. He was not helping at all and very rude. We saw a guest checked out with his dog..I was done with place. Luckily I brought my own blanket, i was terrified to walk barefooted on the floor. It was sickening. There were cigarette butt roles on the blanket, on the carpet and the mattress. I would not recommend this hotel or whatever it calls to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Property M, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Our property has gone through a full renovations and apologize that your were unhappy with your stay. We did attempt to resolve your issues during your stay. We do realize that you may have had a sensitivity to the cleaning chemicals, however, we do use the industry standard company, Ecolabs, to provide our cleaning supplies. Furthermore, the chemicals are required by our management to ensure the room is clean and sanitized. We offered a new room and had the head housekeeper sanitize and refinish the room. After multiple attempts to resolve your issues/concerns you decided to request a refund, which was honored by our front desk manager.

Reviewed 2 September 2013

Small older hotel with free parking. Nothing fancy but clean and functional. No elevator but one flight of stairs which are eady to navigate. Rooms are standard size and clean. Staff are friendly and helpful. Had small problem with the toilet - chain broke - called front desk and it was fixed within 15 minutes. Small continental breakfast but fresh and plenty - oatmeal, cereal, muffins, English muffins, cookies, milk and orange juice. Coffee, tea and hit water available all day.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 2 July 2013

I got a room I didn't want as advertised I paid alot more for a week then advertised. Then when I got back to california a week later I see a $50.00 charge on my credit card. I didn't even use all the towels or the other bed. I never had a maid come into my room I stayed for 4 daays and was charged for a week plus the extra $50.00 I will never go back.

Room Tip: Go to days inn across the street.