“Don't waste your time or money”

Spunky Monkey Bar & Grill
Ranked #113 of 161 Restaurants in Auburn
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 16 January 2014

The food was overcooked. The drinks were watered down. The service sucked. I thought the place would have been better since the make over.

7  Thank Dawn F

Reviewed 8 January 2014

We've frequented this restaurant for over 10 years. I'm surprised to read of some of the recent experiences. We've visited twice since the Restaurant Impossible remodel. We've found the menu offers variety and exciting new options. The service is excellent and attentive. The chef has delivered our food and chatted with us about our experience. The owner has been present and attentive as well. Our service has been very good. We continue to appreciate the experience and will continue to frequent the Spunky Monkey. I highly recommend the Caesar Burger (they have a great Caesar Salad). My boyfriend loves the pasta dishes.

12  Thank LisaGoldsmith
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Not much choice on the menu. Food was a little overcooked. Was very disappointed. I had heard good things and saw they had remodeled. Seating was minimal. Decor was blah. Won't go again.

Waitress was great though. Definitely need to change the name. It is NOT spunky!

6  Thank Jan W
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Restaurant Impossible came in & apparently tried to save this place from itself. It's going to take more than a fresh coat of paint & some new furniture for me to go back. I had not gone before the tv show came in, so I have nothing to compare it to. I went in last night with a party of 8 for cocktails. We waited & waited for our server. There were only customers at 2 other tables at the time, so she wasnt busy serving other people, so I dont know what took her so long. My husband asked what type bourbon they had. She told him to get up & go look for himself, that it's on the far left end of the bar. Uh, no. We got our drinks in a reasonable amount of time. She brought my husband's bourbon neat instead of on the rocks. We can forgive that. She went & got him a glass of ice & he poured it himself. She said she would bring water for everyone. She got half of us water, but not the other half. She never came back to see if we needed another round. A friend of mine that works at a different restaurant in town was there. She came over to say hi & asked why our glasses were all empty. Because our server hasnt come back to check on us. Anyway, a while later,our gal comes back. Not to ask if we needed anything, but to tell us her shift was over & she was leaving & our new server would be over. Time passes, she finally comes over. By then we had given up hope of getting another drink, so we just left. We were one row of tables away from the bar. Yes, I coulda waved my hands around & gotten somebody to come wait on us if I wanted to bad enough, but that's not my job. It's THEIR job. So yeah, I wont be back.

9  Thank SpikesShieldmaiden
Reviewed 4 November 2013

I used to bring all my friends here and tell them, "You HAVE to come to this bar, it's so much fun!" That is no longer the case. If you're looking to have a good time, go somewhere else because there's nothing to do here any more. If you're looking for good food, Tacoma and Seattle have much better options and a wider variety. This bar has essentially turned into a dull pencil. Gray and pointless.

5  Thank Sugarbumkin