“Clean and Safe and Quiet”

Best Western Plus Mountain View Auburn Inn
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Auburn
Meridian, Idaho
“Clean and Safe and Quiet”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We stayed here to be near the White River Amphitheater. I thought it would be chaotic and noisy, because of concert goers, but it wasn't at all. We arrived at 2pm and the lobby was empty. As we entered the hotel I noticed it was very well kept. There were 4 people at the front desk and no one said a word to us for a while. Someone should have at least greeted us. Finally one of the front desk agents said, "I can help you over here." I approached the desk and checked in. Another agent said that there weren't any rooms available yet but then another agent reminded her of room 406.

The hotel was quiet and clean. The room was great. 2 Queen size beds, a small room divider, 2 upholstered swivel chairs and a small table in between with a lamp. There is a nice size desk and chair with plenty of electric wall outlets to charge all of our laptops and phones. The carpet was clean. There was a nice size flat screen tv. There wasn't a bath mat and we needed more towels. As we left for a bit, I told the front desk of no bath mat and asked for more towels. The front desk manager, I assume, said "Of course, anything you need." When we got back we still had no towels so I called the front desk and was told they had brought them to the wrong room. They brought us towels fairly quickly with a bath mat.

They had a lot of choices of things to eat in the breakfast area. They keep it clean. There was a flat screen tv on in there. They shouldn't serve the scrambled eggs with chorizo in it. They shouldn't supply with plastic eating utensils especially the such flimsy plastic ones.

The hotel is in a convenient area. I noticed a couple of fast food places, coffee shops and grocery stores nearby. The highway is nearby.

Room Tip: The queen size beds are big beds.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Auburn, United States
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Great place to stay when you are going to an event at White River Amphitheatre. The drive out there is only 8 miles from the hotel. We will stay here again, and will recommend the hotel to our friends.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Kevin W
Rosemount, Minnesota
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

We're here for several overnights. The hotel is very clean and staff accomodating. But if I have to eat that eggs and chorizo crap one more time for breakfast I might have to fill my pillow case with barf. By morning 5, the crud had been served four times. Why would you ruin the perfect stay because of breakfast?? Unfortunate.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Arlington, Washington
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I was hesitant about staying here after some of the reviews I read, especially the ones concerning safety. My car was fine in the lot, and I had no issues or concerns about my safety. It is an industrial area, but it was quiet and there were no problems with noise from the trains like I had read about. The location was great: close to Downtown and to the Outlet Mall and restaurants.

The hotel was full when I stayed, but the hallways were really quiet and I didn't experience any disturbances from other guests. My interactions with the staff were hit or miss. The front desk staff at check-in went out of their way to get our room ready early and let me know when it was done, and they were very friendly and helpful. At check-out, I was rushed through the process and am still waiting two days later for my e-mail receipt.

The pool was very nice, and the room was mostly clean, although there were some spots here and there that got overlooked (like the mildew on the wall above the shower.) The carpet was very clean and the bedding was very clean, but the bathroom was small and dingy. A brighter light bulb would probably have helped.

My biggest disappointment was the breakfast. The hotel website really embellishes the breakfast menu, and points out that they have "signature breakfast burritos", Well, let me set the record straight. There were no breakfast burritos, there was no bacon or sausage except the little bits in the watery scrambled eggs. (If you scooped to the bottom of the chafing dish, you came up with a spoonful eggs and water. Yuck!) The oatmeal was soupy, the hashbrowns were mushy and the muffins were doughy and flavorless.

One of the reasons I chose this hotel over others in the area was for the breakfast. I have stayed at Best Westerns before, and their breakfasts have always been really good. This one was a huge disappointment. This Best Western "Plus" did not earn the Plus in the hotel name. It was not up to the level of some of the basic Best Westerns I have stayed in before, and overall did not meet my expectations. It wasn't horrible, but it also is not someplace that I am likely to revisit.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 4th floor in the back of the hotel and it was really quiet.
Mercer Island, Washington
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We had MULTIPLE issues with our room from the moment we arrived. 1) It wasn't ready when we arrived at 6:30 PM although they wouldn't tell us why and just kept whispering about it; 2) The sofa bed was completely broken and my son had to sleep on the closed couch even though we upgraded to this large room because of the extra sleeping space for our family; 3) We had to request an extra bag of bedding for the couch and it still took another reminder to get them to bring it 2 hours later; 4) The tub was clogged and wouldn't drain and had to get someone to come fix it (although they did fix it within 2 hours); 5) The air conditioner didn't keep the room cool and it was hard to sleep in there.

My biggest disappointment is that despite all these reported issues, including to the manager twice as well as to two other staff, they still never offered to reduce our cost or give us an incentive to return. I typically stay at nicer hotel chains, but thought that for $139/night we would have a decent stay here.. The set up for the 2-room king suite was fantastic and would have been great if not for all those issues, but I am amazed that we spoke with them about the issues no less than 4 times, to 3 different people, and they barely apologized much less offered to compensate us for this horrible stay. I can't believe I'm out $150.00 for one night including taxes and THAT is what I got in exchange. They should almost pay ME for making me stay in a broken-down room with my family. Even restaurants, where you're spending $30-40, send over the manager who tries to make things right when things are this awful. Shame on you Best Western Plus for not doing a better job. I'm actually pretty understanding about things going wrong that are out of their control, but the lack of trying to make things right leaves me extremely dissatisfied and confused about how they can stay in business if handling things this way is acceptable somehow.

Room Tip: The 2-room with two King beds is a great set-up for families, if not for our major issues with that...
Rogue River, United States
Reviewed 26 June 2014

This property should not be a "Plus" but one step down. Old beds, and terrible cleanliness. The breakfast was well done along with the TV was large and clear. The internet was fast enough for me to surf the web. I would recommend looking around for another property in the area. Next year this property might be a Ramada, Red roof Inn or Motel 6.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I have stayed here a few times when I'm in the area. The staff is very nice and helpful. This hotel offers all the amenities that a business traveler could need or want. I will be staying here again. I have recommended this hotel to others, and they have all liked it .

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Also consider these accommodations in or near Auburn
La Quinta Inn & Suites Auburn
GuestHouse Inn Auburn
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sumner
Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle/Federal Way
Best Western Plus Seattle/Federal Way
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#5 of 7 in Auburn

Been to Best Western Plus Mountain View Auburn Inn? Share your experiences!