Ise City Hotel Annex
US$458
US$228
Trip.com
  • Pool
Ise Pearl Pier Hotel(Ise)(Great Value!)
US$143
Trip.com
US$152
US$521
JAPANiCAN.com
  • Free Internet
  • Restaurant
Chokoen(Ise)
All reviewsfew minutes walkjapanese restaurantgrand shrinesupermarketstation
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Spent a night visiting Ise on a slow tour of the area. It was not difficult to find but a little farther than I would have liked from Ise Station. It was a little closer to Ujiyamada Station and the bus information at the front desk was for Ujiyamada Station. This was better as the bus was easy to get to.

The rooms were standard but being in Ise they were a little bigger than rooms in the big cities. Unfortunately it was surrounded by homes and my room's window was just above a family house and facing the Kintetsu Line. It can be noisy if you open the window but it wasn't when the window was closed. My only complaint was that the room felt very dry, but they did have a humidifier available.

The front desk was pretty accommodating and helpful. There wasn't a lot of restaurants in the area that open late and aside from non-Japanese food and a standard chain izakaya, there wasn't much to look for. Not the hotel's fault though. There was a Family Mart convenience store nearby and a supermarket next door too. A large drug store is just past the convenience store too.

I booked via a Japanese online booking service, Jalan. I booked two rooms, a single for me and a double for my parents. The information on the website stated that one room had breakfast and another room didn't. In the written information for the room, it was reversed. I was confused but they said the breakfast was included for both rooms. I chose the American style breakfast and it wasn't bad.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 February 2014

I had originally planned to book into the Toyoko Inn in Matsusaka (about 5,000/night) but since my business was in Ise I decided to get a bit closer. The hotel was fine. It is a tiny bit worn but not badly so, everything was clean and in good condition. Really though, it's just average and at about 8,000/night is only marginally better than the Toyoko. The breakfast (which costs extra) is better and there is table service rather than a buffet, but the amenities and room quality are just about the same as any standard business hotel. There is not much in the way of restaurants. The place across the street was closed, the little Italian joint a block or two down very unaccommodating, and that left a few convenience stores and a supermarket next door. There is a shabu shabu restaurant in the hotel so if that floats your boat, you're in luck. The hotel is very convenient, being smack in the middle of two stations with about five minutes walk to either Ise-shi or Ujiyamada. Good for me since I came in on one line and had to meet my colleagues at the other.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 November 2013 via mobile

This hotel is located very near from ise station, so you can easily go to futami by train and to ise jingu naigu by bus.
Staff is helpfull, though they almost don't speak English.
You can have full European or Japanese breakfast for 700yen. They're ok. Yet it is taken in a beef restaurant who keeps an unpleasant smell in the morning.
Rooms are clean but not spotless: wallpaper is old, shower curtain yellowish and there's some mould in the bathroom. We've found no way to get the air conditioning less hot so we turned it off which made the room really wet during the night.
Wifi available. Free computer in the lobby. Washing machine and dryers.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 September 2013 via mobile

We paid for the room around noon and came back for check in around three, and the staff seemed confused about the reservation. It turned out that the room wasn't finished being cleaned.
The room is average sized but the tub is small compared with the other hotels we've stayed at in Japan.
The hotel is in a location that is awkward to get to from the JR station, but is about two blocks away from a delicious and inexpensive teppanyaki place called Ashibe. (the hotel's breakfasts have risen in price recently and are now 700¥ plus)
The hotel room's air conditioner is clearly labled in English and easy to use. There are lots of plug outlets which is nice as I travel with a lot of electronic devices.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank LandStander82
Reviewed 20 June 2012

This hotel is the best in terms of location and cost wise. It is about 10 min walk from the JR Iseshi station and about 20 mins walk to the Geku.
From the Geku, it is another 1 hour walk to the Naiku.
You can leave your bags here if you are too early for the check in. In fact all the hotels in Japan I have been allow me to leave my bags with them. This way I can explore the town while waiting for the check in time to arrive.
The hotel is located behind the station area. The signage of the hotel name is in katakana. If you do not read katakana, Please have it translated before visiting. Like any typical business Japanese hotel, the room is small but adequate for my Asian built. most important it is clean, and the breakfast is really worth it. I paid an 500¥ for a wonderful Japanese breakfast set.
I will most definitely recommend this hotel for visitors who are looking for a cheap and convenient hotel in Iseshi.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family