Algoma Beach Motel
US$88
US$84
US$77
US$74
Quality Inn & Suites(Sturgeon Bay)
US$76
US$72
QualityInn
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Sturgeon Bay(Sturgeon Bay)(Great Value!)
US$143
US$133
US$75
US$71
Travelocity
US$88
US$71
Holiday Music Motel(Sturgeon Bay)(Great Value!)
US$66
All reviewsgreat viewdoor countyoff seasonhear the waveslake michiganour favorite placeprivate beachgreat beachrelaxing getawaybeautiful sunriselarge deckwatch the sunrisewingsmade us feelsturgeon bayevery morningvon stiehl winery
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Was our first stay at the Algoma Beach. We found it very clean and cozy. None of the frills you get at a high class place, but I`ll take clean and relaxing over that. And the staff was also nice.It`s on our list to stay there every year now.The beach was clean ,and the sound of the waves was very relaxing.Even had a fire pit on the beach so you could build a nice fire and just relax by the lake. Even had 24 hour coffee!

Room Tip: You may want to request a room facing the lake if you really want to hear the waves if no go for the street side. It`s a small town so you don`t get the high traffic and noise.Quiet and safe.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Brenda M
Reviewed 25 July 2013

I'm 60 now but my wife & kids enjoyed this place incredibly for at least a decade given its fabulous location, beach campfires, small town restaurants and its proximity to the Door county beaches & bayside shops (go stright north on Co S and save time!). The desk staff were always cordial & accomodating but, there were a few years here & there we didn't stay & in 2012 I camped at the State Park just north of Manitowoc. I did spend one night in a roadside room swing'in south from Stevens Point & the staff were pleasant; the room clean. Ocassionally seaweed cut from up in Sturgeon Bay washes down south onto the rocky point and an east wind can make for a rare "bad day", but all in all, I regret tell'in 'ya how wonderful this place has been, 'cuase it IS often hard to get get 2 nights open on short notice.

Room Tip: The 1st floor lakesides are a bit "damp" given thier built into the hillside but the convenience of walk'in right out to your bonfire or beach blanket make'em my favorite. The view is best from the lakeside room terracesWith a big family, there are the "cottage" rooms with views of the beach "and" your car in the lot! My kids loved collecting the beach-pebbles of all sizes & colors to build sand castles & the hard core beach bums search for gull skulls & colored sea-glass. You won't find this at the Hilton unless your at Myrtle beach with a $200+ night room!
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 May 2013

When I stayed at this motel I just loved waking up next to the lake, it's so beautiful. Open your window at night and hear the waves roll onto the beach. I read previous reviews on need of update which I won't deny this motel could use some sprucing but It was very clean and the staff was very friendly. My husband and I plan to stay here again. It was a very nice get away.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sharda C
Reviewed 9 February 2013

We've stayed at the Algoma Beach Motel numerous times in the last seven years and have some wonderful memories. However, the in the last few years we have seen nothing but decline. Current owners refuse to do basic "upkeep" like cleaning carpets, replacing worn out towels and bedding, etc. We have pleaded with them to no avail. This motel has a fabulous location right on the shores of Lake MIchigan and it is located in a wonderful little town full of friendly people but the owners are it's worst enemy. It's very, very sad to let this place fall into decline and I wouldn't recommend this motel to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank LEdkin
Reviewed 18 September 2012

My wife and I stopped here on our vacation traveling through Wi. The room had a terrible smell, The carpet was stained and dirty, The beds are rock hard and we both tossed and turned all night. Everything in this room reeked. This is the worst motel I have ever stayed at. I would not recommend this place for anyone.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family