“Embracing the Polar Vortex!”
Review of Trophy Ice Fishing

Trophy Ice Fishing
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Before this ice fishing adventure I didn't like fish, bait, sitting still, well, actually I didn't like anything to do with fishing.....BUT, wow, did this adventure change my mind. We had a wonderful time AND we pulled in several Whitefish. Lonney Goman and his crew made this fishing experience comfortable, easy and unforgettable. On a bright Sunday morn, with a real temp of 8 degrees (never did know what the wind chill was) Lonney drove us out a couple of miles (on the ice!!!!!) to our ice shack on Lake Michigan, yes the GREAT LAKE, and handed us over to our guide Jason. We were soooo pleasantly surprised to find that the ice shack was heated and we actually had to take off all of our cold weather gear, even gloves. Jason patiently taught us how to bait our hooks and drop the line 65 feet into our ice holes. I was with an old friend and my daughter, all three of us novices to the sport. He instructed us on the best way to hold the rod and jiggle the line to attract all those fish that we could detect with the "fish finder".....not very long into our experience we each pulled in a nice size Whitefish.....we could only stay a couple of hours because of an impending blizzard (and perhaps a treacherous ride back to Chicago) so when we needed to leave, Jason drove us back to the shop and proceeded to fillet and pack up our fish.....he is an artist with the fillet knife, I might add! There was not one single negative thing about this adventure....I loved it and I am proud to say that we were told that we were the first all female group to go out and do this. Woot for us and Double Woot for Lonney Goman, Jason George and our wonderful adventure! One more thing....they had a deep fryer out on the ice and they fried up some Whitefish and we got to eat it fresh out of the lake....I even likedthat!

4  Thank keddie43