“Location is great, service not so much”
Review of Butrinti Hotel

Butrinti Hotel
Ranked #33 of 42 Hotels in Saranda
Reviewed 29 March 2013

This is the secind visit to the hotel and the biggest compaint I have is that the reception desk staff give the guests a very clear impression that they do not believe you.

As usual when you check out you are asked if you took anything from the mini bar? I always say no as I never touch it and usually they proceed and print out your invoice, you pay and you leave. Here I was asked and then the maid is sent up to check and verify the fact that you actually haven't taken anything from the mini bar or room and it made me feel very bad. I will be back to Saranda I am sure but I have identified a new hotel for my next trip.

Room size is fine, view to the bay is nice if you get it.

Free wifi in the lobby only which is not great and not what I am used to. At the rates they charge for the room they can also provide free wifi access.

Room Tip: I would look elsewhere
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank m747p
There are newer reviews for Butrinti Hotel

Reviewed 24 August 2012

This really is one of the nicer hotels in Saranda. The rooms are on the small side and lack amenities but you can't beat the view of the sea and of the nearby island of Corfu! The rooms facing the street are noisy but you can't hear much with the air conditioning on. The heavy curtains block out the street and restaurant lights. I only ate breakfast there but was pleased at the large selection available and the tables outside with that same gorgeous view of the sea and Corfu. The pool is nice. Internet is free but only available in the lobby. They really need to improve this so there is wi-fi in the rooms. We had some issues with checking out: the clerk was tired, grumpy and incredibly slow. Luckily, he was not the norm. I will stay here again.

Room Tip: Choose a room on a higher floor with a view of the sea.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank noelle75
Reviewed 15 August 2012

Picked this hotel because of its five stars and the location but we were very disappointed. On arrival we were upgraded to a suite because of confusion over where their double beds were located and in which rooms. The room we were allocted was spacious and clean and the bed comfortable. Bathroom was spacious but the shower didn't work properly. We stayed for four days in total and we had the pool to ourselves for the duration of our stay. (Which was good) But the grounds and pool need to be up graded. Breakfast was average. Very overpriced and I'm afraid we won't be staying again.

Room Tip: Stayed in the Margeritta Suite. Sea view. Large and spacious.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank MelanieH0
Reviewed 5 August 2012

Stayed here August 2012 breakfast and dinner included. The room was very basic, the breakfast is ok if stay just one day, the dinner is ridicoulous, the bedsheets wasn't changed the second day but just made up the ded very poorly, no internet connections in the room, the shower room very small, no information how to use the room telephone and price list.

Room Tip: See view rooms are the best
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Clirim
Reviewed 5 June 2012

It claims to be a 5 star hotel but has nothing to do with a 5 star hotel ! The rooms are soooo small with so moderate decoration. The breakfast is also poor. Extremely overpriced (130 euros / night) for what is offering !!!

Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank konstantina d
Reviewed 6 May 2012

We had booked a seaview room and that was absolutely the only aspect that was good - the view from our room on the 6th floor was lovely looking out over the town of Saranda and across the bay to Corfu. The room itself was tiny with the bed taking up almost the whole space and the rest of the furniture was quite basic, even rudimentary as though it was home made and not by a craftsman either. The bathroom is also tiny with a shower stall that is ridiculously small. The water pressure is poor and the temperature varies constantly. When we first tried the internet wasn't working and the desk staff couldn't get it going. Later when we tried again it was working. We asked for a 7.30 am wake-up call which came at 8.15. Breakfast was poor in selection and quality. We are SO happy to leave. This hotel may have been acceptable in the communiest era but is totally unacceptable for international visitors.

Room Tip: First of all DON'T stay here but if you must then at leat get a seaview room on a high floor.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank PeterAZ
Reviewed 5 May 2012

130 euros per night, for a dump on the 3rd floor overlooking an 8am jack hammer.
We were treated like crap...in our shorts and tee-shirts. The other guests all wore 20 year old suits, from east Germany, or Flanders. The staff called me a 'journalist' and rolled their eyes at my exposed knees. Can you say 'BEACH'...this hotel is across the street from a beach...plazhski...! I would have gotten better service if I were Stalin, but a lowly voyager like me, nyet. No english in this hotel either. I couldn't get a bottle of water from the sleeping man. The breakfast was sooooo sad. Every hotel near this one is better, for $30 euros. Our guide book steered us here, but when we saw other rooms in other hotels, we realized this hotel is a resurgent communist ploy. No wireless internet (occidental propaganda). (but the girl at the front desk was nice. looked trapped)

Room Tip: The good rooms are at the Villa Something hotel next door. .
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends