“Beautiful 1930's Style Hotel”
Review of Hotel Esmeralda

Hotel Esmeralda
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Coroico
Montreal,Canada
“Beautiful 1930's Style Hotel”
Reviewed 28 September 2013

We arrived there at night after cycling the road of death.The rooms were very large with duo double beds. The place was clean and there was plenty of hot water for taking a shower. The food was okay but there wasnt much selection. The place is very old but it was neat and clean and had that 1930's style arhcitecture with its spaciousness. The staff were okay but of course we only stayed one night. The owner didnt seem too friendly so I just ignored her.
I would certainly think of staying there again if I wanted a secluded place with spectacular views and overall I liked it a lot.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Cochabamba, Bolivia
Reviewed 10 September 2013

I went to the hotell Esmeralda, Coroico, a 3 - star hotell with a stunning view to relax for some days. My room was good, I have been to worse and the food was OK, but one thing that hit me was the staff. The same personal that was working for breakfast, worked for lunch and dinner that same night, and when I went down to the restaurant later that night, the same personal was working. What kind of working hours do the staff have at the hotell Esmeralda, since the same personal worked the day after, the same hours, more or less from 7 am to 10 pm and they continued on the third day of my stay
Any one else who has noticed the same as I?

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank anacochabamba
Los Angeles, California, United States
Reviewed 26 February 2013

Not sure the negative reviews. from the most spectacular mountain view of the gigantic valley, to tropical weather, hammocks on each balcony and the best breakfast we found in all of bolivia. justice can be giving to the more than welcoming staff, that deals with an endless stream of passerby's.

We spent a month backpacking through south america and this was the only place where we wished we had more time. Serene, breathtaking, relaxing, rejuvenating, magical, and to say the very least the best shower you could ever ask for.

Give this place a chance you will not be disappointed, at least for a night

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank David V
Ester, Alaska, United States
Reviewed 18 February 2013

I agree with the other reviewers about the attitude of the staff at Esmeralda. The view and pool are really nice (except for the biting insects), the rooms are OK, as is the restaurant. I am very disappointed with our overall experience, however. The owner spent 45 minutes on the phone while I was waiting to check out, then overcharged me for our room! She told us that we would pay 100 Bs per person, per night, then charged us 120 instead and would not listen to me when I told her she had us another price! I even showed her the brochure she had given us listing 100 Bs to no avail. Really angry and disappointed in our experience.

Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
5 Thank Nellie S
Santiago, Chile
Reviewed 26 December 2012

The hotel is beautiful and he view from the rooms is idealic. But this is basically the only positive thing about this place. The room was big but very dirty, it hadnt been hoovered for a while apparently!
The owner is REALLY mean and unpolite, the other employees are nice though.
It is definitely too expensive for the quality. The breakfast is ok but the food they serve in the restaurant is disgusting and definitely too expensive.

All in all, i wouldnt advise it to anyone, lots of other hotels have nice views in Coroico!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Anais K
Reviewed 21 December 2012 via mobile

This place have great potential, with a fine pool and amazing view of the mountains. Other than that its all bad! The employees have a very negative attitude and are not helpful at all. The owner even tryed to put ekstra cost on the bill, it was very clear that she did it on purpose! The hole place is falling apart and food is not worse trying! We needed to beg for WiFi every time we needed it and every little thing has extra cost.

• Stayed November 2012
3 Thank Jensigne
London UK
Reviewed 7 November 2012

I stayed in room 21 which, with the balcony and hammock is amazing. The view is one of the best views on the planet. After negotiating the road of death in the mist, in the morning when I opened the shutters, the mists had cleared and I was looking out over banana plantations with parrots flying past- utterly out of this world. BUT, if youve been travelling around Bolivia as I did, you will be aware that it is a third world country. Standards are in no way the same as in England. This is an extremely basic hotel. It is very cheap. I enjoyed the experience very much but dont expect much in the way of facilities etc. The view is what you go for.

Room Tip: Room 21 every time.