“Old, Noisy, not worth it”
Review of Hotel Saint Paul

Hotel Saint Paul
Ranked #16 of 47 Hotels in Manaus
Reviewed 1 November 2013

When I go to Manaus I usually stay at the Tropical Hotel (see my earlier review) - away from town but still the better option. But I had a busy agenda and needed to stick around town, so tried this place, unfortunately. It is old, horribly located, and simply not worth the humungous rate. I changed after only a night there. Avoid it if you can, there are many better options in town.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank JTPalazzoJr
SabrinaSouza, Gerente at Hotel Saint Paul, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2015

We are pleased that we will make contact!
Thank you for sharing with thousands of other travelers your experiences with us.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

The St.Paul is my first adress to stay in Manaus. The hotel is near the centre and the service is good. The relation between price and what you get is good. The staff is friendly and cooperative.
You can also stay in the GO INN but the difference is the pool. If you don't need a pool the GO INN is the better choice.

Room Tip: In the upper floors it is not so noisy.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank MarkusB2

Reviewed 7 June 2013

You have to dare come in as it certainly doesn't look too appealing from the outside, but the service and comfort, as well as the prime location are definitely worth staying there, even though at night it was recommended to me to take a cab to go down three blocks to the Teatro Amazonas!
Breakfast is very good, as almost everywhere I've been in Brazil, it's extremely fresh and offers a nice variety. Don't miss their mini pao de queijo, they were truly the best I had during my visit to Brazil!
The one very negative point was that their blow dryer was broken and almost set on fire when I tried to use it. I told the staff who didn^t seem over worried about that...
To finish on a more optimistic note, let me tell you that the view from the hotel on the Opera is simply breathtaking. Make sure you ask for a room with a good view!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with the view on the City and Opera.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
SabrinaSouza, Gerente at Hotel Saint Paul, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2015

Dear guest,

We are pleased to make contact!
Thank you for disposal of time to evaluate in this renowned opniões site, we will be considering all points levandato for you to improve and so meet your needs and expectations.

We hope to see you soon.

Kind Regards.

Reviewed 5 April 2013

I just returned from travelling in Brazil. We stayed in this hotel after a 4 day stay in the Amazon.... I don't know maybe we liked this hotel because we spent 4 days in the jungle. But I have to say that the comments are probably harsh. We stayed here for two nights, easy check in/out. Restaurant has a pool and a restaurant area.

The room faced the city - room was always cleaned and the air con worked.

The area isn't the best but I felt safe. My friend and I were out quite late in a bar in the square near the theatre - there was a live band playing outside, cheap drinks and friendly people.

Overall, I enjoyed the stay at this hotel. Was central to everything and clean.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank ShamEtienne12345
Rafael D, Gerente de relações com clientes at Hotel Saint Paul, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2013

Thank you so much for your kind review! I´m glad that our services and structure had such a positive comparison, specially considering the standard you put our Hotel upon! It´s a great honor and a reinforce to our dedication to the services we are commited to offer. Thank you once again for your recent stay, and please let us have other opportunities to welcome you back in the Hotel Saint Paul Manaus.

Rafael Degelo
Marketing Manager

Reviewed 28 December 2012

Easy access to the Theatre and the other "must sees" and that is all about it. Exsept for free Internett. Manaus is no place for those seeking good restaurants. But nice to have been there. The city is like all in the tropics, not so clean, a bit smelly, but rather charing.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PerBaad

Reviewed 5 December 2012

Ugly and basic but well located and OK for a stopover

LOCATION:
Good for central Manaus; on a quiet road two blocks from Opera House and 5-10 minutes from what restaurants there are in the centre.

ROOMS:
Basic and old but comfortable enough and air conditioned.
Supposedly an apartment room but other than a sink in the main room and cups and saucers (but no kettle) I'm not sure how this adds anything.
Free wifi although slow.
Security safe in room.
Warning - old fashioned wall sockets designed so UK plug adaptors may well not fit...you may not be able to recharge or use electrical devices.

SERVICE:
Staff very quiet if polite and made no effort to welcome or make any kind of conversation in spite of being able to speak English. Not terribly helpful; could not provide a city map or a plug adapter (see "rooms") which I would imagine is a common problem for visitors.

FACILITIES:
Restaurant serving cooked decent enough if basic lunch and dinner, but generally unappetising buffet breakfast. Not sure how clean this is all kept as quite a few little flies around which put me off the buffet.
Fitness room and pool.
Very old elevators.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
Rafael D, Gerente de relações públicas at Hotel Saint Paul, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2012

We appreciate your time to write this review to share your opinion with our travelers!

As you said, the location of the hotel offers many conveniences and I am happy to know that they were helpful to you!

We apologize for wifi problem and would like to inform you that we are increasing our internet link to ensure free access to our network in all areas for our guests. About the UK plug adaptors, I already informed hotel manager and they will be available soon.

We are also grateful for the willingness to contribute with your opinion ...

Your opinion is very important and will help us to improve our services and achieve an excellence of service.

We hope to welcome you again soon!!!

Reviewed 28 October 2012

Bathrooms were dirty and breakfast it was surprisingly poor. No yogurt, not fresh cereals and workers aren´t verysatisfied to work there. It seems that this hotel needs a change in management and refrurbish some rooms.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo