Hotel do Largo
US$87
Hotel Saint Paul(Manaus)
US$39
US$54
Go Inn Manaus(Manaus)(Great Value!)
US$41
US$39
US$61
US$56
US$78
  • Breakfast included
Da Vinci Hotel & Conventions(Manaus)
US$65
US$62
Boutique Hotel Casa Teatro(Manaus)(Great Value!)
US$68
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 June 2014

First, let me say I am very surprised that none of the World Cup visitors has left any comments about this hotel. I was there during the World Cup for three nights. I arrived at this hotel at 1:30 a.m. after a tiring and delayed flight from San Francisco via Miami. I was so exhausted that I just wanted a bed - any bed! When I opened the door to my room I was hit by a wall of steamy, tropical air that must have gotten trapped inside the room during the hot day. It did not take me too long to realize that the air conditioning had been turned down or simply wasn't working. I tried to kick start it with the remote control I found on the nightstand in this very spartan room.
Unfortunately I could not make it work and it seemed like the culprit was a dead battery inside the remote. I gave up since I just wanted to lie down and go to sleep. Unfortunately some soccer fans had an argument in the hallway just outside my "paper-thin" door and if I had listened more attentively I could have overheard the entire conversation.
The next morning I got the AC to work. So, clearly it was not the hotel's fault other than the allowed the room to heat up to an unbearable temperature prior to my arrival.
The soccer fan crowd was simply overwhelming for the staff, particularly in the breakfast room in the basement where there was only one person on duty. The day-shift receptionists, though, were very friendly and kept their calm.
All in all I was perplexed that this hotel did get a much needed upgrade for the many tourists that were congregating there for the World Cup. I guess after the games they will cater again to traveling salesmen for sewing machines and the likes from other parts of Amazonia.
Nevertheless, it is fair to say that this place was clean - despite not being well kept.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank BHSCalifornia
Reviewed 4 May 2014

We stayed for 2 nights at this hotel. Its location to the sights and attractions is very good. The room was uninviting although it was quiet and we slept well. In our room we had no hand towels and a small bath towel. We had no hot water to shower. The safe did not work either and there was no coffee or tea. The service and the breakfast were okay. The cost was reasonable but the things that were missing were all basic requirements. We would not recommend this hotel until improvements are made.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MORREY
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I chose this hotel based on location and the fact that it was to be a 24-hour stop over on the way from a jungle lodge to Santarém. It is around the corner from the Amazon Theater and Armando's and the beautiful Largo and in that respect it was perfect. We were attended by very friendly and professional staff, ready to assist with bags, answer questions, call a taxt to the airport, etc. We had to request an immediate room change as ours (on the second floor) had a strong smell of mildew. The third floor rooms were a little more airy and brighter, but everything is in need of a thorough cleaning and a serious makeover. We actually slept well and enjoyed a decent breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank PousadadoCapao
Reviewed 22 August 2013

The hotel is very well located just 2 minutes walk to the theatre which is surrounded by restaurants and a further short walk takes you to the street markets and dock area. The hotel staff are very polite and extremely helpful. We organised a trip to the meeting of the waters from the hotel desk and it was a great morning (roughly 4 hours) for a very reasonable price. The breakfast was great and the staff in the restaurant very friendly despite our very poor Portuguese.
The hotel rooms are run down and the bathrooms are very cramped. We had two rooms booked here for our family and both rooms had views overlooking a brick wall so it felt a bit prison like. A good refurb would do the trick as the location is perfect.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 May 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night here after a trip to the jungle. The service at check in was good and we had help with our bags, on check out again we had help with our bags and a taxi phoned for us.

The room itself felt a bit grubby with marks over the walls and some mould growing between the tiles in the bathroom. The room was very basic and felt echoey making it feel a bit like a prison cell. The window faced a shaft full of air conditioning units. The corridor outside our room had a very strong smell akin to a farmyard although this could be something in the cleaning fluid, the carpet in the hall looked like AstroTurf.

The breakfast was reasonable, a small selection of fresh fruits and juices although these were served warm. There were also scrambled eggs and some bread rolls, coffee and some cakes.

The place definitely needs a refurbishment and I can't recommend it over the Go Inn which we also stayed at which is marginally more expensive but definitely a cut above Hotel do Largo.

• Stayed: May 2013