Holiday Inn Manaus
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Ibis Manaus(Manaus)
  • Pool
Da Vinci Hotel & Conventions(Manaus)
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
All reviewssmall mallbusiness tripindustrial areaasian foodrooftop poolgreat place to staycoffee makerprior to arrivalshopping mallclose to the hotelrecommend this hotelexcellent hotellocal fishreception staffroom was largevisit manausamazon region
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 August 2013

I had no reason to come to Manaus except that I'd never been. The guidebooks/Internet didn't give me much to look forward to, but I thought I'd make the best of it.. From what I could tell, the HI was the best choice. Having walked all over the city and sticking my head in many other hotels, I'd say yes, this is the best place in town. With a chuckle, I must say this truly is a bleak city and this hotel is no Ritz, Westin or Hyatt. The hotel is, however, clean, clean, clean. The ultra small lobby is poorly decorated with only a few chairs. The staff is excellent, especially Sparkys, whose English is perfect and whose attitude is noted above the other staff. I might add that English is not Germaine to this part of the world, and my fluency in Spanish wasn't of much help, either.
The rooftop pool was spotless. Clean, rolled towels were provided at the entry and the outdoor furniture appeared brand new. Free wifi worked well all over the hotel, which is more than I can say about most high end hotels in the US. The breakfast buffet was extensive. I wouldn't say the food was excellent, but it was alright. Overall, I found the food in the city deplorable at best, yet I tried most of the TA high rated places. I heard on the CNN station in the room that Manaus is slated to host part of the Olympics in 2014, even building a new soccer stadium. I can't imagine that many people in this already poor, stretched infrastructure; it will be interesting.
I cannot fault the hotel, however. They're doing a fantastic job in a place that's obviously not equipped for business or leisure travelers.

Room Tip: Request a high floor facing the city.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Drroady
HolidayInnManaus, Gerente at Holiday Inn Manaus, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2013

Dear Mr Drroady,

First of all we would like to thank you for taking your time to share your experience with us.
We do not measure efforts to make our guests´ stay comfortable and pleasant and we are all glad to know that our services and facilities met your needs, but there are some situations we can not step in, such as structures of the city.

If there is anything else we can do to assist you on your next stay, please do not hesitate to contact the front desk.

Sincerely, Priscila Caldeira

Reviewed 8 August 2013

Just a short note to say thanks to the staff of the Holiday Inn (in particular Sparkys - I hope I spelled correctly). A bit of a nightmare journey from Europe; bags lost en route. Arrived very late and just mentioned the days events. Without me asking, the guys called the airport daily on my behalf, left notes in my room with the latest information. Also arranged transportation to/from a local mall to pick up some new clothes. Standard of room is as you expect from an inn, breakfast is good-- maybe a slightly greater choice for dinner (no issue if you are there for a few days, more than a week and its a bit repetitive). All in all avery pleasant team in the hotel, friendly and welcoming. Willie

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
HolidayInnManaus, Gerente at Holiday Inn Manaus, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2013

Dear Willie805,

Thank you for taking your time to share your experience with us.
It is a pleasure to share with our staff your comments and also very important for us to know your opinion, so we can improve our services.

We hope to see you soon in your next trip to Manaus.

Reviewed 8 August 2013

Don’t expect any frills with your stay here. You get standard Holiday Inn service here, minus their usual complimentary breakfast. (breakfast buffet here costs 25R per person; although it was one of the better spreads we’ve seen on our trip thus far) Dinner here was disappointing and service was incredibly slow.

You have a decent sized room, with a comfortable bed. (might be a Brazilian thing, but there was only a thin sheet on the bed, so I had to crank up the thermostat) On your bed, you have your choice of a soft or firm pillow (which I really liked). In your room, you have a mini fridge and a coffee pot. Lots of variety of TV channels available: Japanese, Korean, French, and English.

Bonus: within walking distance (~5 mins) to a strip mall where there is a large grocery store. (we stocked up on beverages here for our next trip to the Amazon, and they also have hot foods and a cafeteria style restaurant, if you choose not to dine in the hotel)

Free wifi available in your room.

Gym and outdoor pool available on the top floor. Gym included treadmills, exercise bikes, weight machine and some free weights. There is a TV in the gym. The pool appeared clean.

Toiletries included: shampoo, conditioner, body lotion and body wash.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank GroovieGurlie

Dear GroovieGurlie,

First of all we would like to thank you for sharing your experience with us.
We are very proud of our level of service, cleanliness and quality and we apologize for any incovenience caused to you.
We do value the comments we receive as these help us improve the quality and service that we offer.

If there is anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to ask at the Front Desk.

Reviewed 17 July 2013

The staff is very friendly and helpful. The breakfast buffet is really good. There is a large selection of just about everything you would expect.
The dinners are just as good.
The gym has treadmills, elliptical machines, free weights, and a cable machine that are fairly new and in great shape.
The rooms are very clean and big.
Would recommend this location if you are staying in Manaus.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank wcpage
HolidayInnManaus, Gerente at Holiday Inn Manaus, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2013

Dear Wcpage,

Thank you for taking your time and posting about your stay with us.
We are all very proud to know that our services and structure met your needs. Comments like yours give us direction to keep improving our services and quality.

We expect to host you back in your next visit to Manaus.

Reviewed 28 June 2013

A normal Holiday Inn, but thebest in Manaus, clean, new (2 years they said), Didnt have chance to go at the pool, the breakfast is a normal bed and briefast, so my point of view is a normal chain hotel.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank manuelnavarrete
HolidayInnManaus, Gerente at Holiday Inn Manaus, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2013

Dear manuelnavarrete,

First of all we would like to thank you for taking your time to write about your stay with us.
It is a pleasure to know that our level of service and product is in our brand quality standard, but it is also very important to know what we can do to make our guest´s stay more comfortable. If there is anything else we can do in your next visit, please let us know.

We expect to you see you soon in your next visit to Manaus.