“Great food in a nice location at a good price”

Tambaqui de Banda - Parque 10
Ranked #11 of 3,306 Restaurants in Manaus
Price range: US$8 - US$16
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I really enjoyed my meal at this restaurant. Nice service. Really reasonable prices and delicious food. The location is perfect. I'm not a big meat eater and didn't want a large meal, so I ordered two side dishes including beans and rice and fried egg w/ manioc flour. Both were delicious. I wish I'd asked for some kind of sauce or condiment for the beans and rice. Great place to sit and drink a beer looking at the plaza at the Opera House!

1  Thank littleg2

Reviewed 17 July 2014

We ate here during the World Cup - it was after Brazil's 0-0 draw with Mexico, and there were a lot of very drunk people around! The place overlooks the Teatro Amazonas and the main square alongside, so consequently it was very crowded and service was painfully slow. We had to make do with a table indoors and upstairs, but if you can, try and get one of the balcony tables overlooking the theatre. You may not encounter these issues now the World Cup is over!

However, when the food finally arrived it was fantastic. I had the tambaqui fish ribs, which were great, the size of pork spare ribs! My friend had ordered a whole tambaqui fish - it was enormous, far too much for one person, and the meaty White flesh was perfectly cooked.
Admittedly it cost 60 reais, about £16 or £17, but it was ideal for two people really.

I can overlook the very average service levels when the food is this good.

1  Thank IanB990
Reviewed 13 July 2014

This place, located right off the main square by the Teatro Amazon, is absolutely fantastic. My wife and I shared a Large Tambaqui fish, with a couple of beers before heading to the Honduras vs Switzerland match. Sitting outside, listening to music and enjoying our food was the best meal we had in Manaus. This fish was delicious and the waiters were very friendly. I would highly recommend this to anyone visiting Manaus.

1  Thank bdearl41
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I dont usually like fish, but tambaqui de band is a whole different thing. I loved it. No other place in the world you'll find fish with "ribs".

Reviewed 30 June 2014

This place is right on the Opera House Square. Its signature dish is the local Tambaqui which any foodie will have to try.