3,303 results
All reviewsthe rivertennis courtscolonial styleamazon foresttoursmonkeysregion
Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

Book this hotel if you would possibly like one or more, or all as we had.

Booking in time of 1 hour and 37 minutes.
Steaming hot musty smelling lobby with non function Aircon.
Non apologetic, nor smiling welcoming reception staff.
Corridor with water running down the walls and on the floor.
Non functioning lift, so customers carried suitcases to rooms.
Non functioning hair dryer.
Non functioning mirror light.
Sheets with holes.
No evening snack as booking in had taken so long.
Offered room service....try getting a phone answered at reception.
Musty smelling bedroom.
Dark badly lit corridors.
A shower you need to dance around to get wet.
Slightly grey 'white' towels.
There is more......reader be advised to avoid.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Solarsaver
Reviewed 10 October 2017

Sorry but this is not a resort!
smelly musty and moldy rooms on 1st floor were we stayed! I think all of the floors actually have the same issues. Poor blankets!
The restaurant was not that good!
You just don't want to spend relaxing time in the room!

Room Tip: do not choose 1st floor
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Boban K
Reviewed 6 October 2017

Absolutely agree with previous review. Do not be fooled by photos you see on line. I recently stayed here for 5 days and had a horrible experience. Hotel rooms should be comfortable for you to stay in. Just make sense since you're paying for it right. Well that is not the case. Needless to say I had to cut my stay and get out of dodge. My room is outdated, musty, and the air conditioning cannot keep the room cool. Room is depressing to stay in. So if you like old and musty room then this is the place to stay. For those who are looking for a better room experience then stay away. Location is not bad, not sure if I can consider it a Resort. Amenities are okay besides the wifi that is basically non existence. Week wifi signal and once everyone is back in the hotel then good luck connecting. Regarding the unreliable customer service. Well I checked in and they charged my credit card for the entire dates the I reserved. But decided to leave a little early. I was checked out and promised that my credit card will be refunded. I called and sent email to the hotel and management and promised that I will be refunded ASAP. Its been over 6 weeks and no refund yet. So be careful when they charge you for the full stay.

Room Tip: Other hotels!
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank michaelvH4387BQ
Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

This place was huge! Staff very helpful and understood English. Room was big with an amazing bathroom. I would give this a 2 thumbs up. Breakfast was very good and I would recommend this resort to anyone traveling to the Amazon

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank mkbenfiern
Reviewed 3 September 2017

This is the first & oldest hotel to be built in manaus. The building is showing signs of its age. However, it still exudates grandeur with its cavernous hotel rooms & long corridors where voices echo. The bed is super huge. There is a swimming pool to relax by & a mini zoo where a jaguar , parrots & other indigeneous animals call home. It is really worlds apart from downtown Manaus , which is run down with old houses & potholes in roads. The continental breakfast incorporates local snacks such as tapioca cake. I had dinner twice at the hotel -- delicious grilled amazon fish served with bananas. I will recommend this hotel highly.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo