“Natural cappucino”

Ranked #2 of 159 things to do in Manaus
More attraction details
Owner description: Unusual meeting of the Amazon and Solimoes rivers
Reviewed 17 October 2013 via mobile

Not to be missed when travelling to Manaus... The feels of the two rivers are so different that it makes it a very unique experience to actually go to the junction... This is one of those experiences when seeing it is not just enough... So pay the guide :)

Write a ReviewReviews (5,158)
All reviews
"unique experience"
"pink dolphins"
in 19 reviews

Reviewed 16 October 2013

I recommend seeing the Meeting of the Rivers if you're in Manaus. I saw it as part of my tour at the Ecopark Lodge. The tour itself wasn't spectacular, but the actual site is remarkable. I think having a knowledgeable tour guide is essential to fully appreciate the phenomenon. The swirling waters reminded me of milk in a cup of coffee. I went on a day with great weather. I'm not sure how the visibility would be under poorer conditions.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

A sight like nothing I ever saw before. Don't miss it. We saw it several times on our cruise up the Amazon to Manaus. It was breathtaking each time. Go see it!

Reviewed 8 October 2013

I stayed at the Hotel Tropical, that was amazing and the trips were organized by Fontour. So my first trip was the meeting of the rivers and I will never forget it!!! The sheer size of the river makes you feel so small...fantastic...