“Great place to relax”

Tivoli Ecoresort Praia do Forte
London, United Kingdom
“Great place to relax”
Reviewed 4 February 2013

This was my last stop of my South America trip and it was a perfect choice to end with, relaxation for a few days in wonderful surroundings. I arrived at 10.30am and they changed my allocated room to another one so that I could check in straight away, great service. My room and bathroom were spacious and beautifully presented and the balcony had a hammock. The bed was very comfortable and the pillows, I have to say, were the best pillows I have ever slept on. In the bathroom there was a can of insect spray and a plug in insect repellent, I used the latter, but I did not hear, see or get stung by any insects during my stay. I did use insect repellent on myself in the evenings. The grounds were also immaculately kept and very relaxing to walk around in. The sun loungers, in groups of two or three, all have shades and are in the hotel grounds by the beach. The beach and sea at the hotel are both excellent. It is a 10 minute walk to the village and the turtle sanctuary, either by road or along the beach. The village is a pedestrian area full of shops and restaurants. The evening dinner buffet is excellent with a wide choice to suit every taste. The only negative that I had during my stay was that most people have a snack at their sun loungers at lunch time which I also did on my first day. However, my burger was just warm and the chips, which I left, cold. I therefore did not eat there again. Overall, a beautifully kept hotel with excellent staff. One final point, my travel agent said he had booked me B&B which stressed me before I got there because I was sure that the hotel always booked HB. When I got there they confirmed I had HB, all the rooms are on HB.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Taki P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Greek first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 28 January 2013

We booked this hotel partly under the impression of their really well done website.
However when getting there we found it was not far as nice as presented on the photos. Given the very high price tag north of 500 USD per night you can expect a LOT more.
* Room was ok, clean and quite
* Breakfast (included), really nothing special, no 4 star quality at all
* Service in general was terrible and unfriendly (except for the cleaning ladies)
* They let us wait until 3PM on the arrival day before we could get in to our rooms, meanwhile nobody gave a damn that we were waiting not knowing what to do. They did not even have a safe at the reception where we could have left our valuabels so that we could have gone to the beach.

I am working in Brazil and I have stayed in a number of beach resorts over the years I dare say I can compare price/value across places quite well.

You can get a LOT better quality for half the price if you look around. If it is Praia do Forte where you want to go do your research. There is a lot of great Pouasadas (family run hotels) around where you will be a lot happier, have better access to good food anc can use the same beaches.

Room Tip: ask for ground floor rooms, that way you don't get bothered by the air condition noise of the gu...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
7 Thank gobrazilgo_13
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 3 January 2013

This is the 2nd time we stayed at this hotel.
Good aspects
. Excellent location. The site is beautiful located in front of a nice and calm beach.
. Local weather is perfect as you have sunny skies, warm temperature and a nice breeze blowing all the time.
. There are separated areas for adults, including a faboulous swimming pool in front of the sea, and families and children.
. Many activities for children keeping them busy all day long. Dedicated pools for them as well.
. Very nice Spa with a nice pool and several treatment options.
. Food is overall abundant and diversified.
. 1 hour from airport with easy transportation.
. Sports facilites such as soccer field, several tennis courts, beach volleybol.

Improvement needed
. Many maintenance problems in the room. Shower glass door came out, TV remote control not working properly, water not running in one faucet, overall worn out aspect. Urgent need for refurbishing.
. Gym facilities in bad shape. Rusty and few equipments.
. Expensive comparing to other international hotels.

Overall it was a very good experience and I will probably come back.
Hope this review helps you.

. Service is very friendly although not perfect.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Sergio P
Golden, Colorado
Reviewed 26 December 2012

i purchased a package to this resort via Luxurylink. Due to personal circumstances, I could not take the trip prior to the Dec 31 2012 expiration date. I asked the resort if they would extend the date and they refused. Why? Because they are only interested in getting your money. With social media, you would think they would worry or care about a review like this, but obviously they don't. What difference would it be for them to extend the expiration date??? I think that says a lot about this establishment!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Ann A
patricialves, Gerente geral at Tivoli Ecoresort Praia do Forte, responded to this review, 23 January 2013
Thank you for sharing your comment about Tivoli Ecoresort Praia do Forte. We have forwarded a position directly to your inbox. For additional questions please contact us to reservas.htpf@tivolihotels.com
Køge
Reviewed 22 November 2012

A small nice City not fare away from the resort .The resort have a very nice service and were you only can relax - and the food is exp. Good - wonderfull place
But to fare from the airport.... 1 hour trip to Salvador

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Ibague, Colombia
Reviewed 22 November 2012

I found this resort a perfect spot to relax. It doesn´t matter if you´re with your wife, kids, or by yourself.
Great infrasctructure, service, food, activities, etc...
Very close to a cute little comercial street, where u can fine refined food or street brazilian fastfood.
Serviced by typical Bahianas, always with big smiles on their faces, make your stay an unforgettable visit.
I would definetly come back if I have the chance !

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed 5 November 2012

The best scenery and infrastructure I have ever been in North East Brazil. Who planned should be prized, unfortunately the new owner (Tivoli) does not provide the same top services the former used to. The employees are very kind and try their best but it is easily seen that the training process is not adequate and I would say the food is just average/low. I don’t know about A La Carte, because our reservation was full-service. At the ‘ACARAJÉ’ kiosk I had the best acarajé ever in my life. It is a very popular scone made with the white part of the bean, fried in ‘Dendê oil’ cut in half and filled with ‘Vatapá’ and sundried shrimps – so popular in Bahia I call it ‘Bahianos hot-dog’ … The spa is marvelous, beautiful and the ‘touch of India’ massage was worth every cent – nice to saty a couple of hours at the relax area and hot/cold pools. The sightseeing trips they offer are very organized and recommended for 1st time visitors to Brazil or that have never been to wonderful places like Pantanal, Bonito, Foz do Iguaçu. Othewise I’d recommend simply enjoy the beach and coconut trees with a caipirinha … many water sports available, but remember the place is windy and boats shake more than usual. Wesley the owner seems to be a very centered guy advising well for each activity.

Room Tip: Ground rooms are continous with ther grass / sand. Top floors are quieter. More expensive ones are c...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
#3 of 10 in Praia do Forte
Sauipe Premium
Sauipe Premium
#1 of 3 in Costa Do Sauipe

Been to Tivoli Ecoresort Praia do Forte? Share your experiences!