After a whirlwind tour of Brazil over a couple of weeks, we elected to recharge our batteries for 4 nights before heading home to England and chose the Tivoli. It did not disappoint, met with a welcome drink and helpful reception staff with good English. The hotel is situated right on the beach with plenty of space in well kept gardens and a choice of pools. A joy to walk round. Whilst there a couple of corporate events took place, but did not affect our enjoyment at all.
The room was clean with an excellent bathroom with a wonderful shower that left you completely refreshed. Only problem, no bedside table or lamp on one side of a king sized bed, which seemed an omission.
Free lockbox and free Wi-Fi if you join the hotel's loyalty programme, which we did. It worked well all over the grounds. As usual in Brazil no tea/coffee making facilities.
The village of Praia do Forte was a beautiful place to visit as was the turtle sanctuary. It was only a 15/20 minute walk by the lake or 20 minutes along the beach, both ways delightful.
It was safe to swim in the sea here, with all the facilities you would expect from a beach hotel.
Breakfast was extensive with a comprehensive assortment of choices, though don't pick a table at the edge of the restaurant as you may have the monkeys joining you! The evening meal was also excellent with a different array of choices each night. Dinner also included water/soft drinks/beer/ tea & coffee. The staff were very helpful and attentive.
NB: All plug points were 220v round 2-pin euro sockets, not the 110v flat 2-pin as in other parts of Brazil. Reception were very good and lent us an adapter, as we had not brought a euro one with us.
Overall this was an excellent hotel and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay here and would definitely stay again if in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In Brazil, to the north of Salvador, Bahia, there is an idyllic place for lovers of Brazil ecotourism, which is both beautiful and luxurious. The Tivoli Ecoresort Praia do Forte is a 5-star Bahia hotel where simple architecture is in harmony with the stunning scenery and the biodiversity of the surrounding area. Here you will find a tropical destination perfect for family holidays, business meetings, weddings, birthdays or a dream honeymoon. Enjoy the extensive range of well-being treatments at the Thalasso SPA and relax among the colourful gardens and natural pools in Vila Praia do Forte. The exclusive cuisine at the resort restaurants promises a culinary journey through exotic flavours blended with touches of the sea and coconuts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, TravelUp, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Tivoli Ecoresort Praia do Forte reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tivoli Ecoresort Praia Do Forte Hotel Mata De Sao Joao
- Praia Do Forte Tivoli Ecoresort
- Tivoli Ecoresort Praia Do Forte Brazil/Bahia