“Ecoresort Maintains it's Hi level!”

Tivoli Ecoresort Praia do Forte
Reviewed 6 March 2011

It was my 3 rd time at Ecoresort, I was there also in 2005 and 2008.
The Hotel maintains its very hi standards both in terms of the facilities, the staff and the food.
I think the only thing that it can improve are the rooms, mainly the basic ones which are poor, minding its price.
It is one of my favorite places in the world, the facilities, the beach (where you can walk for hours), the pools, the food, the staff!!! and the Spa...
In the future they must review the prices, it is not an Ecoresort thing but a Brazil thing. Here you pay 3 times more than equivalent places in other countries. I'm Portuguese and for me there are other reasons besides price that make the choose this Hotel, but I think they could attract much more Europeans and Americans if they review their Princing Policy.
But above all its a truly fantastic place.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 27 February 2011

Tivoli Eco Resort is my favourite place of holidays! I get to rest, enjoy and have fun at the same time! the rooms are fantastic as well as all the services it has to offer! the staff is incredible!
i could not spend two years without visiting it!

• Stayed: February 2011
Reviewed 15 February 2011

After looking at many options in Bahia and Praia do Forte, we felt Tivoli fit our needs. I was a little nervous about our choice after reading the reviews. BUT, when we arrived (even at night), I was pleasantly surprised and thankful. The resort is very well-kept, lush, tropical and beautiful. Only drawback: while our master room was very clean and conveniently located (2nd floor, close to goa restaurant), it was a bit on the small side for the price. Lovely spacious terrace, but would have expected a "living area/couch" inside the room given the price. Otherwise....fantastic food....and LOTS of it. Had read, but wasn't sure that breakfast/dinner was included at Goa. So good and so many options. Will say that the dinner options might get tiring after a week's stay, but was perfect for us for 3 days. Beach is quiet and serene. GREAT open air fitness center! Not the clearest/bluest water I've ever seen, but not at all dirty. Staff was very friendly and helpful - very few spoke English, but so what! Organized a great tour of Salvador for us. Was a perfect stay!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 January 2011

I am Brazilian but I have been living in France for more than 10 years. My wife and I have been to the Eco Resort a couple of times, the first being in 2002.

This is, in my opinion, the best resort in Bahia and one of the top 3 in Brazil. It still provides outstanding cuisine, spacious and comfortable rooms, friendly and competent personnel, unbeatable and safe location and all facilities and service one can ask of a 5 stars hotel.

All of that, of course, comes with a price, but it is worth the cost. However, those that have known it for long feel that the new Management has changed it from a cozy and exclusive establishment integrated into the community to a 5 star cash machine. They increased capacity and prices, and ended some community programs. We actually feel more pressured to spend money in the beach restaurant, and the staff lost some of its natural, layback attitude. Everyone I have spoken with agrees that prices skyrocketed and it lost a bit of soul after it was sold to an investment group.

The kinks I would like to mention are related to the guests rather to the hotel itself; these are things the hotel will have a hard time fixing (if they ever try).

- First, some guests created an underground service for reserving beach-front chairs that makes the whole system corrupt and very unfair. If you want a beach front chair, you need to either wake up at 5:30 am (like we used to do), or pay the “caixinha” to the employees responsible for cleaning the chairs. The hotel management is aware of the issue but they have yet to find an effective solution. It is very unfortunate that guests are contributing to one of the worst problems in Brazil by corrupting employees instead of making the effort to earn a place in the sun…

- The second issue is also related to a social problem. Some guests are extremely rude and impolite, which leads to some misbehavior one rarely sees in other places. I saw people “stealing” beach chairs, physically aggressing the staff, loudly using Nextel mobile phones during more than one hour while others wanted to rest, insulting other guests for no reason, shouting loudly instead of walking 50 meters, etc. I have rarely seen such behavior in Brazil, but I guess that is one of the consequences of a booming economy that generates wealth but does not raises the education level of the population. These people are a small minority, but be aware that you will certainly run into half a dozen “cases” during your stay.

In spite of the kinks, I am already preparing my next trip to Praia do Forte!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank LuizTrip
Reviewed 18 November 2010

This hotel was well recommended by several people and we chose for the promise of comfort, fabulous location and service.
The location is really great and service in general (specially room and restaurant) was good. Food is delicious (the quality decreased a bit when the season changed) and kinds entertainment was high quality.
Nevertheless I was highly disappointed. During our stay the hotel had a serious problem with the water quality, which became brackish, sticky and smelly. Despite the complaints the hotel neglected the issue, treating it as an individual. Later we realized it wasn't happening only to us, but in other rooms too. It took the hotel 3 days to act and solve. They only offered potable water for those who had babies, which was my case, although I was not included in this distribution.
I left a long letter when I left and until now I have no response from them, which also caused me a great disappointment.
It is a great place to go, which I would definitely recommend to friends if there wasn't for this problem. I would risk a advise knowing that they cannot handle this kind of issue properly.
Besides that, my evaluation of the room quality is also not so good. It was humid and smelly. Despite being the cheapest option, I was paying for a top-rated hotel and expected a better service and quality.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 November 2010

Satid at Tivoli for a shortbreak with the family.

The scenario is absolutely exceptional, as the friendliness of the staff. It's a perfect choice if you want to relax and appreciate the good things in life. Kid's partk (Careta Careta) will turn you children into fans of Tivoli. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 October 2010

If what you want is an excellent three-star beach hotel , focused on conventions or big groups, you will be ok at Tivoli. If what you want is a five-star resort, as the Tivoli tries to sell itself, you will be disappointed. Very disappointed.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
Grand Palladium Imbassai Resort & Spa
Costa Dos Coqueiros Resort
Costa Dos Coqueiros Resort
#2 of 2 in Mata de Sao Joao

Been to Tivoli Ecoresort Praia do Forte? Share your experiences!