“cool” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #19 of 145 Salvador B&B and Inns
Schleswig, Germany
“cool”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2011

In Pelourinho area there is no chance to find many decent places,lots of places are hostels which are the people coming for the night life till to late hours and no worry about where they are sleeping.This is a kind of suite hotel and lots of ensuite-rooms coming with kitchen and one or more bedrooms.Hotel is O.K. but the location will be noisy at the night,because located at central entertainment and night life area.Spacious and airy ensuite-rooms are clean and with an affordable prices.In hotel there is no breakfast and restaurant but not need,you will find easily every variety of food sorruondings.They are trying to care for their guest this was seen.I do not know I will return to hectic Peulorinho again but, If I return definetely come again this friendly place.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank Engelhardt

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2011

I have traveled all over the world including different regions of Brazil, but Tamboleiro Hospedaria will always have a special place in my travel memories. It already started with a very friendly and professional e-mail which I received right after I reserved my room. Upon arrival, the owner personally welcomed me and offered complimentary coffee + even borrowed me her personal laptop and said I could have it anytime I want. I had a little apartment with a bedroom, living room, kitchen and bathroom. There was also an extra bed in a separate area near the living room. Perfectly located in the heart of Salvador's historic old-town Pelourinho, I really enjoyed waking up here in the mornings to go straight to the window where I would just sit for a while and enjoy the colorful and romantic view of the cobblestone street and its people before getting ready and starting my day. With its six rooms only, this is more like a private house than a hotel, but unlike at many such private places where you often don't get much privacy, at Tamboleiro Hospedaria you can come and leave anytime you want (24 hours) without ever running into the owner or her staff - privacy is guaranteed at anytime. Yet, whenever I needed assistance, I knew where to find it - and everyone was always extremely friendly. They did my laundry with love. Perfectly clean, folded and placed in my room (a 5-star hotel would have not done it better). Salvador is a beautiful place, but Tamboleiro Hospedaria left such a remarkable memory - it made Salvador even more beautiful and special. I am a hotelier myself and have worked at 5-star hotels across the planet for many years, but I honestly never thought that a hotel and its friendly owner and staff could ever leave such an impression on me and influence my entire trip. I HIGHLY recommend this place, and you don't have to be suspicious about their very competitive rates, there is absolutely no catch - this place is just too good to be true!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled solo
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank MyLevelofTravel
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2010

It was a cool trip. This bed and breakfast is something different. The administration did take care of us all the time, organizing the best way to go to the turistical points and even our safaty. I`ve never seen such a attention in my travels around the world.

It was very cheap as well. We`ve got a two bedroom apartment for the price of one room, in a standard hotel.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family