Stayed here on business in Salvador for a week in January. This hotel is interesting, but quite nice in a good way. Although there are some things that it could do better or that just might be what you expect from a hotel in Brazil as this was my first trip to the country.
Upon arrival check in was fast and efficient and very helpful sorting out details and dealing with our request for a late check out from the hotel.
The room was standard fair nicely decorated with a very comfortable bed all was clean and well maintained. The nicest part was the balcony with a great view over the ocean and Salvador city in the distance.
We spent most of the time in the hotel when not working and this was pretty good. There is plenty to do in the hotel with a great pool area and small games room with table tennis in it. There is also a gym which is a public gym so slightly scary and not like a standard hotel gym. I walked in and walked out pretty quickly.
The grounds are nice with a running track in place which you could run round if the weather wasn't so hot.
So all good so far. The bits that are a little strange really revolves around the food. The food is disappointing really although the setting for the restaurant is amazing outside next to a lake and teaming with wildlife while you eat. The standard of the food is just ok, and nothing special to write home about. There is choice, but it just needs smartening up. Breakfast is the same most mornings and looks good, but doesn't really change much if you are there for the week.
The final slight problem is the lack of English speaking, now I know I was in Brazil, but I was surprised on the lack of English being spoken around the hotel. Something to be aware of with the country as a whole.
In summary this is a nice hotel which I would stay at again if in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel stands out for being amid a park with a large green area and its beautiful architecture integrates totally with the natural beauty, the lawns, the lakes, native vegetation, trees and birds. It is also strategically located, one block away from the famous beach of Itapua, close to some of the best beaches in the city and only 15 minutes away from the Salvador International Airport. 02 children up to 12 year stay for FREE at same room (only for double twin beds rooms) as parents, the hotel does not provide extra beds. Check in from 2 pm Check out until 12 pm ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Prestigia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Deville Prime Salvador reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Deville Salvador Hotel Salvador
- Sofitel Salvador
- Salvador Sofitel
- Hotel Deville Prime Salvador Bahia, Brazil