“There is something missing...”
Review of Fiesta Bahia Hotel

Fiesta Bahia Hotel
Ranked #6 of 111 Hotels in Salvador
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
london
“There is something missing...”
Reviewed 17 February 2011

This hotel has all the amenities you would expect of a 5 stars hotel, but what makes the difference is the quality in service. I think that this is what is missing here, a great dish with no salt, there is just 1 ingredient missing to make it a perfect stay. The outdoor swimming pool is big and located next to a large area reserved for the kid's play ground. A very well equipped gym remains open 24 hours a day giving access to 2 saunas which are also opened around the clock, high speed wireless free internet available in all rooms and anywhere in the hotel which makes it a huge plus for those who enjoy the freedom of available internet and no constraints to location. The rooms are spacious with balconies and comfortable bathrooms. What I did not like, although the rooms smelled nice after the maids cleaned it, there was a huge cocroach walking up and down the curtain. I stayed in room 705 on the seventh floor. I know that these insects can climb hight but I didnt expect to find one in my room. I had buffet diner at the restaurant and found the food horrible, the next day I had lunch by the pool and found the waitress completely un-attentive, un-responsive, maybe just plain lazy, I dont know, but we had to ask for everything including menus, for her to pick up the food ready at the counter, for cutlery and so on... If not, she was just standing there in front of us watching TV. I enjoyed using the amenities of the hotel and would come back again just for the practicality of it, I like the location, I found it a good value for money deal and in general good conditions.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lunajia

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Polish first
Chicago
Reviewed 28 November 2010

Stayed for a conference. Good hotel with very nice pool and pool side bar. Service was exceptionally slow (like 1.5 hour wait for a sandwich) but the drinks were good and the hotel was nicely located. Basic services, but nice staff at hotel desk.

Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
Curitiba, PR
Reviewed 7 July 2010

I stayed on this hotel for about a week for a convention happening in Salvador.

It is a nice hotel with a nice swimming pool and as it was June there were few people staying at the hotel. The service was great and the breakfast was excellent, with lots and lots of options.

The hotel's restaurant was too expensive. I remember that they were serving "feijoada" once and the price per person was very high.

The rooms are great and fit a family without any issue.

The hotel is not near but not far from everything you want to see in Salvador. You will spend a lot on taxis, so an alternative is to rent a car. The beach near the hotel is not good for bathing as there are too many waves.

I considered the hotel a good place to stay when you have business on Salvador, but I do not recommend it for vacation with family.

The surroundings include:

Beach
Shoppings
Restaurants
Fast food

I went on a walk arround the hotel and I could notice that the region is good and did not seem dangerous.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank bernardob
Scotland
Reviewed 1 July 2009

tremendous. Staff very helpful and could not do enough. rooms beautiful and well serviced. Excellent Pool and bars. Breakfast one of the best I have ever had.

• Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kelsie1910
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 9 November 2007

Arrived in Salvador having booked another Hotel but had to leave the hotel because of misleading info we got from hotel but that's another story !!. We found this hotel on the web and they had availability, It wouldn't be my first choice but it is a nice hotel I agree it's a bit dated but the staff were very friendly the pool is nice and I had a great massage while there. we stayed in one of the suites and found it clean and a good size. While In Salvador you need to have your wits about you as there are a lot of beggars and locals trying to sell you stuff or give you braclets (for a donation) if you don't take them you'll be cursed !!

• Stayed January 2006, travelled as a couple
1 Thank clifton2a
Strassen, Luxembourg
Reviewed 15 May 2007

My trip to Salvador was scheduled since a long time and the hotel was chosen by the organizer of a meeting. I took a look on tripadvisor to see what other fellows thought about this hotel. Unluckily I could only find three reviews and they where quite contradicting. In addition, there was no European view among those. Here are my feelings .... as a European :-).

What I liked:
* Very kind staff at the hotel
* The pool's atmosphere

What I liked less:
* The breakfast
* Generally food

What I did not like:
* Look and style (very old fashioned) of the hotel
* Quality of the interior
* Lack of cleaning (there was even a cockroach in the middle of the entry of the conference section and no one really seemed worried about)
* Bed
* Red light in the room stays on permanently

I summary, you can feel at your ease in the hotel due to the friendliness of the staff (which confirms a view expressed in another post). Beside that, the hotel is quite ugly, old-fashioned and I really wonder who they got the five stars, but perhaps I don't understand the criteria at all.

For pictures, just look at the hotel's web site: what you see is what you get. So from this point, the suites should be better.

• Liked — Friendleiness of the staff
  • Disliked — Old and dirty
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled on business
4 Thank pabo99
Chile
Reviewed 8 March 2007

To start with I thing the level of hotels in Brasil is very low and this one is probably above average. The check-in was very long and drawn out, there was a bit of a line and the staff didn’t seem to know who to serve first. The guy who checked me in was polite but very disorganised – a simple checkin taking 20 minutes. Does anyone train these people. My room was facing out onto the main drag and with all the buses it is very noisy – the windows are very thin and don’t stop any of the noise. The room has cheap ceramic floors, in fact everything about the room is cheap, cheap furniture, bed, linen, TV, telephone, lights, one towel in the bedroom, toilet seat lid just hanging on etc etc. I put in my laundry on the first day at 8.00am and they assured me it would be there on my return at 6.00pm. As to be expected my laundry wasn’t returned by 6.00pm and no one could find it. They explained to me very matter of fact that my laundry couldn’t be located and maybe tomorrow they might find it. Thankfully it turned up the next day. I asked to move rooms and the reception told me the hotel was full and to ring back the next day. The broad band internet connection was slow – it took 20minutes to download a 11mb file. The loud piped music in the corridors is just plain annoying. The sound insulation between rooms is very poor- the two guys next to me made sure I didn’t get any sleep as they watched TV all night. The shower drain did not work so when I had a shower the bath filled up with water – some type of water saving device to make people have short showers. The breakfast is quite good, a lot of selection, shower always had hot water and the airconditioning work well. Checkout was quick – about 5 minutes. No surprises in my bill - the cost was Reals$190 per night which includes taxes, R$90 for laundry(4shirts, 3 pairs socks, 3 T-shirts) and R$3 for one telephone call.

• Liked — Breakfast
  • Disliked — Noisy
  • Stayed March 2007, travelled on business