“Good business hotel”

Ranked #9 of 111 Hotels in Salvador
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Good business hotel”
Reviewed 4 December 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for two nights on a business trip in November 2013. The hotel is on the upper floors of a commercial building, and accordingly I felt that in general the hotel was austere - which was fine since I was there for business. I thought the rooms were very well designed - a massive desk great for working that looked out across the room (and accordingly one has a "view" while working). Ask for an upper floor - if I recall correctly I was on the 24th floor and my colleague was on the 21st floor. I could see the Atlantic Ocean from my room, whereas she could not.

The exercise room has a treadmill and some weights - but left a little to be desired (like a lot of hotels in LatAm and Africa) - not sure how stable the treadmill really is by the look of it.

The hotel is not in the Old Town or near the water (it is a drive to either), so consider if important to you. It is right next door to Shopping Salvador, an ultra modern shopping mall with a great shops and restaurants.

Good hotel, but a few odds and ends missing. My room when I checked in was missing a remote and the TV was already on a local talk show. The only way I could turn off the show was by unplugging the TV. Also, someone traveling with me could only get cold water in his bathroom/shower.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank pompeybuckeye
InterCity_hotels, Gerente at Intercity Salvador, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Thanks for your comment.
We are sorry for any inconveniences you may have had in our hotel.
We would like you to know we are making improvements in our hotel. We would be very happy to have the chance to receive you again.
We are at your disposal.
Have a great day!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Hebrew first
Padua, Italy
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,091 helpful votes
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Just 2/nights stayed with all the family 'cause of a my business trip: and we stayed completely good.
Well located, modern and clean hotel, with comfortable, lighty and large room. Relaxing pool and jacuzzi al the top floor.
The breakfast is really good and plenty refurbished.
The staff is friendly and helpful enough.
The price is certainly adequate.
Definitively a good solution for visiting Bahia and travelling on business as well.

• Stayed October 2013
Thanks for your comment. We are happy to know you prefer our hotel.
We will be glad to receive you back here.
You can always count on us to support you.
Have a great day!
Rio de Janeiro
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Very confortable, near the financial center, with good restaurant and swimming pool.
The rooms are new, big and clean, and has a good space for work. The wi-fi is very fast!
Only problem for those who is on vacations - the hotel is not close to the beach.

Room Tip: Ask for higher floor for a quieter room
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed 31 July 2013 via mobile

very good hotel, all new, big room, big bathroom, close to airport and good restaurants as barbacoa and bargaço.
Bar in the penthouse, with nice pool and jacuzi. Good view from top of the hotel.
I really recommend this hotel for business, youmcan be here also for vacations, but it is not close to the beach, we will need a taxi.

Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 August 2012

3 weeks after I left this hotel and paid in full, my company's credit card was charged £616 and then a further £598 on the same day, an enormous sum of money!! The total for my stay was £240 which we paid for through expedia. We are obviously furious that they have disclosed our credit card details but also extremely annoyed that the hotel has taken an obscene amount of money without even contacting us to query it. We have no idea what it was taken for, it's a monumental mistake on their part. We have had to cancel the card, seeking a refund and have still yet to hear from the hotel. I would not recommend this hotel or booking through expeida for that matter. Your bank details are not secure and it has been a huge headache.

Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
10 Thank GemmaR2012
Travellers also viewed these Salvador hotels
Sotero Hotel
Itapua
Mar Brasil Hotel
Mar Brasil Hotel
#5 of 111 in Salvador

Been to Intercity Salvador? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Intercity Salvador

Property: Intercity Salvador
Address: Avenida Tancredo Neves 2227 | Caminho das Árvores, Salvador, State of Bahia 41820-021, Brazil
Region: Brazil > State of Bahia > Salvador
Bar / Lounge Beach Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool
#4 On the Beach Hotel in Salvador
#4 Business Hotel in Salvador
#12 Romantic Hotel in Salvador
#12 Family Hotel in Salvador
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Intercity Salvador 3.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Prestigia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, 5viajes2012 S.L., Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Intercity Salvador reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Intercity Salvador Bahia, Brazil