“Main advantage is to be close to the airport”

Novotel Salvador Hangar Aero
Ranked #11 of 111 Hotels in Salvador
GreenLeadersGold level
Guarulhos
“Main advantage is to be close to the airport”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I've been to this hotel on a short business travel to Camaçari and neighbour cities. For this reason, this hotel was very convenient due to its location close to the airport and out of Salvador, which means that I didn't have to drive through its heavy traffic in the morning.
The hotel itself is clean and the staff very friendly. I had dinner in its restaurant one night and the food was OK - nothing outstanding, but tasty and with a fair price. The only problem I could mention is that during the breakfast, their staff do not clean the tables quickly and I saw some people having difficulty to find a place to seat.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Nicole B, Gerente at Novotel Salvador Hangar Aero, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
Dear RykBrasil,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Novotel Salvador Hangar Aeroporto. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Israel, The Food&Beverage Coordinator will take the apropriate measures with the staff regarding the breakfats issue.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

The shower was interesting. Hot then cold then hot......... Put in a plumbing manifold and a thermal control - and make it even. The business traveler just wants a nice bed, a decent shower and a place to have breakfast. You did great on the bed and the breakfast but the shower was a disaster.

Other than that, the room was great. The breakfast was excellent.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Nicole B, Gerente at Novotel Salvador Hangar Aero, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear Mr. Quonmisc,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at our hotel.

Out technical team is working on the solution of this subject.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be more pleasant than the previous one.

Best regards,

Brasil
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I understand this is a new operation . I understand the labor challenges all business faces in Brazil.
Nonetheless, after many years on all level of hotels, what is key for me now in evaluating one property is the level of service it offers considering its maket position.
Living in Sao Paulo, i also take regional differences into accounting, when evaluating service.
But all these factors do not explain, the extreme slow check in, even more, arriving late and beind a accor club member. The front desk service has been consistently slow.
The service on the Bar is even more far away from expected. Sat for 15 minutes I had to go the attendent to get her attention - the bar was empty at this time. When food came, they bring for us ( a couple having a light meal), only one set of silverware. When I looked to the waiter, he suggested my wife to use the spoon to have her pasta!!! This is unacceptable level of training.
Other than that, this is ok for Business . Do not expect great pool ( no bar at pool at all), great gym.
Breakfast is quite good.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Eduardocmeira
Nicole B, Gerente at Novotel Salvador Hangar Aero, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Dear Mr Eduardo C Meira,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Novotel Salvador Hangar Aeroporto. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Novotel, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence. We will improve our services.

Miami, Florida
Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

I'm at this hotel now, I haven't explored everything yet. Upon first impressions the staff here is BERY nice from the front desk to the breakfast service area. Oh, breakfast area.... FRESH COLD COCONUTS with a straw that was so refreshing and an awesome unique touch to make them stand out above the other hotels.

This hotel is new so yes everything is still extremely clean... I hope it stays this way! The room and shower are plenty spacious with a small, very small work area and a little fridge ... I'm only missing not having a coffee maker in my room.

Nice sized shower, plenty of storage space for clothes & luggage and the reading lights attached to the bed are a great touch.

I heard there is a shuttle however I'm not yet sure where it takes you or what is around here.... I've got some exploring to do!

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank SkyVixxen
Dear Sky Vixxen,

The coffee maker will be put in every room still this month so you will have this facility available on your next stay.

Our shuttle will take you anywhere that stays 10 km from the hotel. You will Find some beaches - Itapoan, Stella Maris, Flamengo - Malls - Salvador Norte, Paralela - and some touristic places - Lagoa do Abaete, Largo de Itapoan, Dunes Park.

Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We stayed at the hotel for 2 nights. We were meeting a friend who lived just north of Salvador near the airport. We wanted a clean and comfortable place to stay. Most of the hotels I had been looking at were closer to old town Salvador or some of the Beachs at the southern tip. Came across this hotel, which was close to the airport and friends house. The hotel is newer and everthing was good. The oom was clean and the bed was comfortable. Its not one of those really thick matresses thay have at some of the hotels here in the US but I still found it pleasant and comfortable. The air conditioning was not on in the rooms when we arrived but they quickly colled down once we figured out how to use the system. However, the hallways were very hot because they did not seem to be air conditioned (or it wasnt on or working). This was not really a big deal as it is a short walk from the room to the elevator. The breakfast was ample and we enjoyed it. This is a nice place to stay if you need to be near the airport and would stay here again if visting our friend or needing to be near the airport. There didnt seem like there was much to do in this area and would likely stay at one of the beach hotels if we came back to Salvador on vacation.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank CoryH271
Nicole B, Gerente at Novotel Salvador Hangar Aero, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Dear Cory H271,

Unfortunatelly the hallways do not have air conditioning, our guests do not stay in it for a very long time.

+55 71 3505-4300
Reviewed 3 March 2014 via mobile

I'm choosing to give this hotel all 5 stars in rating although we encountered some major administrational issues at first but the rest is well worth the full rating.

Beginning with the negative issues:
We booked an executive double room on booking.com as the price was the same as a standard double room. The difference being that the executive is 48 sqm and offers extra amenities such as bathrope, slippers, coffee machine and ipod dockstation, while the standard room is 24 sqm with no particular amenties included.

When we arrived to the hotel they assigned us a room which when we went up found out was a standard room, so we went down to complain. First reply was that our reservation was not showing a booking for an executive room. Showing the confirmation, the receptionist called her manager and the second answer was that this room type has not been finished yet and is therefore not existing. I believe that the property opened for guest in November last year and still today they are selling executive rooms on booking.com so just be aware that currently it will not matter what room type you book, they only have standard rooms available for you.

Having said that they agreed to offer one out of two breakfasts for the inconvenience.

Second problem still at check-in was that they charged the credit card for room rate plus tax, a tax that is included in the room rate at least when booking on booking.com. This was corrected promptly though!

Now to the positive!

The hotel being very new, offers amazing rooms. Spacious, luxurious, comfortable bed and large tv. The bathroom is excellent as well!

Lounge and bar area is great.

Breakfast room is huge and with a selection to die for!! The restaurant has a nice selection of various dishes and wines, local as international, that can be enjoyed in the evening.

Nevertheless the initial problems, the receptionist staff was extremely friendly and professional both in dealing with our issues as well as handing out information. A big compliment also to the restaurant and breakfast staff.

We also made use of their free shuttle, very convenient and reliable but hang on to your hat as it may go quite fast ;-).

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Glam B
Nicole B, Gerente at Novotel Salvador Hangar Aero, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Dear Mr. Glam,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Novotel Salvador Hangar Aeroporto. I am sorry that your experience regarding the booking process, did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

I am glad our staff was able to provide you the solution to your problems and turn your stay at our hotel satisfactory.

Gerente Geral