“Salvadorean Times!”
Review of Dialogo Brasil

Dialogo Brasil
More attraction details
Owner description: Portuguese language courses, including accommodation, transfer,cultural excursions and lectures, Capoeira, Samba, Salsa, Gastronomy, Yoga and Surfing. Special Programs for universities, organizations, volunteering and internship.
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I had 3 weeks of private classes in Dialogo during the World Cup. I found the school friendly and organised. If I had a doubt or query the office responded with enthusiasm and flexibility. My teacher, Monique, was competent, friendly and patient. While I didn't manage to indulge in the other cultural activities available, due to my World Cup commitments, the school seems to offer a range of options to initiate students into Brazilian culture. I would certainly go back if I get the chance and I believe that Dialogue offers a solid language and cultural experience.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

I had 2 weeks of private classes in the first two weeks of the worldcup.
Since they had a lot of students and the worldcup was in Brazil, they had issues finding a teacher for me and gave me 3 different teachers in one (!!!) week. This is not acceptable for having expensive private classes and even less acceptable without telling me in advance !!! I was informed by my teachers by chance !
I neither was informed by the school about missing classes based on holidays but my teachers told me about this as well. After I talked the school that I was not satisfied based on this poor organisation they tried to arrange the missing week to my needs and gave me an airport transfer for free. This was a nice touch. But knowing all this in advance I would have chosen another school.

The 2 main teachers (Carolina Almeida and Jaqueline Alves) I had where great eventhough the best one (Carolina) just worked there for my course and normally is an independent teacher. Based on several private teachers I had during the last years learning Spanish, she is for sure one of the best.

The hostfamily was really nice and I enjoyed staying there. Friendly and welcoming. They made me feel at home.

To be fair people in group classes where satisfied. So my suggestion go there for group classes and stay in a host family, but do not take a 100% private course at all !!!

1  Thank Malte W
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Dialogo turned out to be an even better experience than I had hoped for. It's more than just a Portuguese language school, it was a complete Brazilian experience. It's a very social place with regularly organized excursions to interesting events and day trips to different places and surrounding islands. What impressed me the most was how helpful everyone in the office was. They not only directed me to the places I wanted to go, but they printed out maps and even made appointments for me. Far beyond what I expected. I was there for 5 weeks and wish I could have stayed longer. The teachers I had were really good, but the one instructor that I felt so lucky to have experienced is Danielo. He's great, funny and very interactive. The best language teacher I've ever had, and Portuguese is my 4th language to study. They have created a really good environment that extended far outside the classroom. I highly recommend it.

1  Thank AjSerrano22
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I spent one week at Dialogo, starting at a basic level, and by the end of the week we had learned present tense, some future and a little past tense - so quite a lot! I wish I could have spent more time there. There teachers were competent in English also, but their teaching method limits the amount of English used in class, so we are forced to use our brains and talk Portuguese! It's quite hard work, so 4 hours a day is definitely enough. If I had the time, I would probably spend at least a month there.

1  Thank Rebecca C
See more reviews
Reviewed 23 December 2013

I studied at Dialogo during 6 weeks in the summer 2012 and arrived with little knowledge of portuguese, though I already could speak spanish. My stay there was excellent in many aspects : first, teachers were very good, and adapted their teaching to the students' interests and levels. They were flexible to have you jump a level if they was that your progress was faster than expected and always welcoming. A very important aspect for me, besides the teaching, was also the cultural part. At Dialogo, teacher were particularly keen on sharing their brazilian culture, telling you about events, shows, and any cultural venue that would happen in the city. In short, an excellent stay, with perhaps the chance to have been there with few other students, so classes would be 2 to 5 students most.