“ALL I NEED, ALL I WANT, ALL....” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Hotel Cocoon
Ranked #65 of 111 Hotels in Salvador
TRIESTE
“ALL I NEED, ALL I WANT, ALL....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2010

Only one week..... not too much for tasting all the comfort that the Cocoon offer...
I leave there a piece of my mind looking the sea im my sweet room, with sea view!
A big kiss at our room cleaner, and all the people that work there....
A very good Hotel, a very good Holiday italian Style.....

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank pulce074
PINGI8, Manager at Hotel Cocoon, responded to this review, 29 February 2012
Dear Guest, many thanks for your review on Cocoon. You review is very good and we are very happy when our guests are satisfied with their stay at Cocoon.
Thank you for your preference and thanks for the useful review and hope to have you again at Cocoon. Best regards.

padova
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2010

It 's a small hotel with its own style and very well decorated with products made with recycled cans tabs that are fantastic as well as has a valuable social and ecological content. I buy a fantastic bag for my notebook.
The food is excellent and in the evening the lounge is very relaxing and well attended.
The music that the DJ played in the lounge was too much "house". I think “soulful” music will be more appropriate.
All the staff is young and very nice and I made friends with everyone: Adriana, Camilla Anaclaudia, Giulinao, Cida.
The hotel is far from Pelorinho but has an excellent beach and many restaurants nearby ( do not miss the churrasqueria Sal and Brasa )
I enjoy my stay and make good friends. Worth.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank marcovipa

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2010

I have been to Salvador a few times, and I always look for a new place to stay I have stayed near the farol da barra, I have stayed near the pelourinho, I have stayed in Pituba, and while Cocoon is not necessarily "downtown", its placement is perfect, right across the street from Jaguaribe beach and not too far from the other major attractions in the area, we loved it!! The hotel is kind of low key so it creates a very relaxing atmosphere. I have a very busy schedule at home, and when I go on vacation I want to relax and let it all go. I was able to at Cocoon. There were a few days we stayed right on the property at the pool because it was so relaxing and open. The rooms were very comfortable and at the same time very upscale and trendy. The prices were very reasonable and the food at the restaurant was amazing!! Its not a question of where we are staying when we go to salvador again, but when and we will definitely stay at cocoon

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank keithmccarthy2

Cambridge, Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2010

I spent 5 days at the Cocoon and I'd say the hotel was not that exceptional. Visually, my first impression was it looked like a George Jeston, futuristic, big concrete bunker. Guests are called Astronauts to complete the surreal theme. Pool area was nice, open lobby + dining area overlooking the pool. My first contact with the reception person was an indication of how the 5 days went. We asked her to recommend a local restaurant within walking distance and her reply was that she didn't know as she wasn't from the area. Great first impression! Luckily, my partner speaks Portuguese as I didn't encounter anyone that spoke english during my various interactions. The breakfast was simple but nice. They call themselves a 'design hotel' but its not part of the Design Hotel chain. The kitchen staff were basically helpful but not real service oriented. They spent a lot of time talking amongst themselves or on the phone and were not proactive. We tried to get dinner 15 minutes before the kitchen closed one night and they turned us away even though they were still serving guests. The room was modern and purposely stark. They posed a notice saying that they must clean the room before 12 noon or they can not guarantee a clean up. Concrete walls and floor in the bedroom. The bathrooms are not sound proofed - on more than one occasion I heard everything going on in the room next to us, and I mean everything.
I agree with the earlier post about security. I'm used to seeing security men dressed in black outside of most Brazilian hotels but there was nothing like this here. They close the glass front doors later at night and during my 5 days there, I didn't encounter any security guard, just an overnight front desk clerk. As stated in earlier posts, the location isn't great. The beach is across a divided highway nearby but to get to any restaurant or to the center of the city, it will cost you round trip taxi fare.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank RFBoston
, Manager at Hotel Cocoon, responded to this review, 19 July 2010
Daer guest, you are right about the lack of english in the reception.
Unfortunately, our Director of reception, who speaks perfect English, was on vacation in July and our reception service was inadequate.
Our design hotel is a small hotel with a modest price unlike many other design hotels with a high price. We are listed in the most famous design hotel lists.
Our proposal 'is a design hotel affordable and accessible to all.
Our security system is guaranted by camera and patrol car and we think is much more efficient of a man on the door and to date we haven't suffered assaults or thefts inside the hotel.
I apologize for the deficiency of reception and thank you for the reviews.
Best regards.
london
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2010

The rooms are clean and spacious, internet is free and fast, there is access in the rooms and also a computer at the reception. The beach is in front of the hotel but you have to cross two busy roads to get to it, the hotel location is perfect for visiting the best beaches of Salvador but it is far from the city center, way too far. The service is good but the restaurant does not have a large menu. I hated that the door to my room was also the window and I could not sleep with it open. Other hotel guests walk by and see into the rooms. The area is not noisy but because of other hotel guests that talk very loud it is not quiet. I liked that next to the toilette seat there is a bathroom sprayer for personal hygene. The lighting system in the room is very poor and at night it is too dim.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank lunajia
PINGI8, Manager at Hotel Cocoon, responded to this review, 29 February 2012
Starting from march 2011w e have a new chef de cuisine , Dario, and we are receiving a lot of good review about our new gastronomy. Someone is speaking that we have the best Italian restaurant in Salvador.
Regarding the lights in the room you have reason. We change the lights and we put also new abajours.

Sioux City, Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2010

Hotel Cocoon is an ultramodern boutique hotel with excellent food, service, and rooms. We stayed in the garden view room. I would definitely recommend this to everyone. It's the cheapest option, and there aren't really any views to be had from any of the rooms in the hotel.

The main problem with the hotel is the location. Yes, it is a three minute walk from a nice beach, but if you'd like to travel to Barra, Pelourinho, etc., it's 50 to 60 reals EACH WAY, and it takes anywhere from 40 to 90 minutes. Quite expensive.

Location aside, I absolutely recommend it. It's a good value, and it completely up to the standards of a modern boutique hotel in Miami or California.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
PINGI8, Manager at Hotel Cocoon, responded to this review, 29 February 2012
Really, our hotel is bit far from Barra and Pelorinho but there there aren’t good beaches and there's so much traffic and chaos. The Cocoon is perfect for those who love tranquility, the beautiful beaches, and want to visit the city staying out of the chaos.
We are on the best beach of Salvador at only 8 km from the airport. Really in our Hotelwe haven’t the best Salvador nightlife but also in our district, Jaguaribe, there are some night places like Bali beach club ( the best samba of the city ') and Oba Oba (the best pagode music of the city). More than this we have some good restaurants like the churrascaria Sal e Brasa , the Japan restaurant Zen Paulista and the famous bahian restaurant Yemanja.
So even here we have a bit of nightlife. Thank you for your preference and thanks for the good review and hope to have you again at Cocoon. Best regards.
RRay-Milano
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2010

The hotel is in a good position, quiet, 100 meters from the beach, with supermarket, gym & restaurants close-by. The city centre is 15 Km away and can be easily reached by taxi or public buses.
The rooms are rather big, plenty of space for clothes & luggage, with a futuristic decoration, essential but comfortable, with aircon, refrigerator and free internet wi-fi.
The breakfast is prepared on order, so is fresh and warm, choice is moderate but quality is good.
The restaurant serves really authentic Italian food, at very rerasonable prices.
The staff is friendly and helpful.
All together this hotel was a good choice, with a good ratio price/quality/service.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
PINGI8, Manager at Hotel Cocoon, responded to this review, 29 February 2012
Starting from march 2011 e have a new chef de cuisine , Dario, and we are receiving a lot of good review about our new gastronomy. Someone is speaking that we have the best Italian restaurant in Salvador.
More than this we make a lot of change like a new restaurant room with air condition, like e pool with electrolyze system without industrial chlorine, like a lot of plants in the pool area, and more and more news. So we wait for you here for enjoy all the news.
Thank you for your preference.