We stayed here for 5 nights during the World Cup and it was utterly delightful.
Our standard room (their words!) was of a generous size along with a good size bathroom but it is the quality of the furnishings, the stylish decor and thoughtful touches that really makes the room so comfortable, along with things like the terrific rainfall shower. Then there is the fact that although we were overlooking such a noisy street, the room has triple glazing so that amazingly, despite drumming happening right outside, you can't hear it in your room.
The public areas too are really lovely and there are lots of places to just sit and enjoy your surroundings.
Breakfast is terrific and we lingered for ages each morning enjoying the setting on the patio. Mind you, we knew breakfast was going to be good when we heard there was a 'tart of the day'.
We also had dinner here one evening and the food was excellent, better than anything else we found in Salvador by quite some way.
But it's the staff and the way the hotel is run that really sets this hotel apart. So many thoughtful touches like informing guests of all the music events each day, times, costs etc. Providing maps for all the World Cup guests to show the walk to the stadium, and even escorting guests there. Like making sure, during such a busy time in Salvador, that guests got first refusal on tables for dinner.
Other hoteliers should visit Gilles and Didier to learn how it's done.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel de charme in a fully restored XIXth colonial house in the very heart of Pelourinho, facing All Saints' Bay. Sunny swimming pool and panoramic roof-terrace. 10 High standard rooms with luxury bedding, 1 gastronomic restaurant, 2 bars, 1 solarium, 1 fitness. All rooms with full sound insulation, air conditioning, ceiling fan, free broad-band internet access, free electronic safe, 42''LED TV, DVD, frigo-bar. Most rooms with private terrace or balcony with bay or city view. Free WiFi at restaurant, lobby and garden-bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Odigeo and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Casa do Amarelindo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Do Amarelindo Salvador
- Casa Do Amarelindo Hotel
- Hotel Casa Do Amarelindo Salvador, Bahia, Brazil